Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Report: Tennessee Football Gives Up Completely, Hauls Greg Schiano Out Of The Dumpster

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
This is gold, and as bad as I almost feel for Vols fans, I like the pain of others even more:

The Tennessee Volunteers just finished their worst season—at least by total wins—since 1977, going 4-8 with zero victories in SEC play. Naturally, this meant that head coach Butch Jones was out on his ass before the season even ended, replaced by interim coach and Michigan failure Brady Hoke. But with high hopes for a turnaround, Tennessee fans allowed themselves to imagine a team led by Dan Mullen, Mike Leach, Chris Petersen, or even Jon Gruden.

Volunteer faithful, I hope you enjoy a guy who went 68-67 at Rutgers!

Yes, apparently Greg Schiano is still, somehow, a respected and known name in college football, despite obtaining mediocrity with Rutgers and using that “success” to go crash and burn with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers way back in 2013. After falling out the NFL trap door, Schiano then served time as a high school coach until getting a job under Urban Meyer. His Ohio State defense has since piqued the interest of Tennessee, which has a history of making such brilliant coaching hires as Lane Kiffin and Derek Dooley.

https://deadspin.com/report-tennessee-football-gives-up-completely-hauls-g-1820749179

Comments