Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Todd Graham- 2008

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
edited November 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
I remember his name was lightly thrown around for the UW job in 2008. He would have been a great choice, and he would have came. He was coming off back to back conference titles with Tulsa. He had Gus Malzahn as his offensive coordinator at Tulsa who would have done great things with Locker. I bet our opinion of Locker would be much higher if Malzahn was coaching him up instead of Sark.

Who knows if Graham is a great coach, but he is a hell of a lot better than Sark and we would be in a much better position if he came. I hope we take a chance on a coach like Graham who is winning conference championships in a smaller conference (DeRuyter, Bohl) if we don't get Mora. It's what we should have done the first time instead of hiring a guy who's offenses regressed once he took over.

Edit: Didn't read the Todd Graham House Money thread before posting. Should have added it there.

Comments

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,159
    ASU goes along with UCLA, Oregon State, Stanford, and Oregon as teams who have a bright futures ahead of them. UW, not so much
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited November 2013

ASU goes along with UCLA, Oregon State, Stanford, and Oregon as teams who have a bright futures ahead of them. UW, not so much

I agree about our future not being very bright with Sark, but Oregon State is Oregon State, and I don't see that changing. They are about the same as UW, which is pathetic considering all the advantages we have over them. I think Stanford is starting to lose some luster as well. All of their best players on defense, their RB's, and best OL, and possibly Montgomery are gone after this year, and I think Shaw is riding the last wave of success that Harbaugh set up for him. I don't think they will go back to being terrible, but I think they will revert to a 7 or 8 win type of program.

With a new coach, I think we would pass up Oregon State and Stanford next year. Sark fucked up the OL beyond repair though, and after next year (where they will still be average), it will get rough unless we get a couple legit JC guys, which we never do.

With UCLA, ASU, and USC with a new coach, the Pac 12 South is looking like it will be stronger than the North.

Good call on Arizona, Swaye. I'm not as sold on Stanford, but there are many schools in the conference that are getting better or will inevitably be better (USC). We are treading water, and may even start to sink. It already looks like recruits aren't buying what Sark is selling anymore. We aren't even getting second and third for legit prospects anymore.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

I agree about our future not being very bright with Sark, but Oregon State is Oregon State, and I don't see that changing. They are about the same as UW, which is pathetic considering all the advantages we have over them. I think Stanford is starting to lose some luster as well. All of their best players on defense, their RB's, and best OL, and possibly Montgomery are gone after this year, and I think Shaw is riding the last wave of success that Harbaugh set up for him. I don't think they will go back to being terrible, but I think they will revert to a 7 or 8 win type of program.

With a new coach, I think we could pass up Oregon State and Stanford next year. Sark fucked up the OL beyond repair though, and after next year (where they will still be average), it will get rough unless we get a couple legit JC guys, which we never do.

With UCLA, ASU, and USC with a new coach, the Pac 12 South is looking like it will be stronger than the North.

If you think 2-3 = 4-1, you may be a doog

With a new coach, I think we could pass up Oregon State and Stanford next year. Sark fucked up the OL beyond repair though, and after next year (where they will still be average), it will get rough unless we get a couple legit JC guys, which we never do.

Huh?

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

Huh?

Yup, that's what I thought.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,378 Founders Club

Good call on Arizona, Swaye. I'm not as sold on Stanford, but there are many schools in the conference that are getting better or will inevitably be better (USC). We are treading water, and may even start to sink. It already looks like recruits aren't buying what Sark is selling anymore. We aren't even getting second and third for legit prospects anymore.

I don't follow recruiting very closely, kind of a check out the class on signing day and see what we got person, but from the chatter here it is pretty obvious that we are even starting to suck there, which was the only thing Sark was good at (sans trenches).

Let's take "He's a great recruiter, everyone says so" jokes out of this next part. It has always bothered me that it is hard to even pin good recruiter on Sark, because I think he does do a good job with the secondary, and all the skill positions. So he can recruit, but player development is lacking, and no matter how well you recruit skill guys it doesn't matter one fiddlers fuck if you don't get excellent OL and DL classes. And he is an unmitigated disaster at line recruiting, both in numbers and quality.

I mean, with Sark you have terrible game management, no toughness, lack of attention to detail (penalties don't matter), middling player development (except LB's) and overall shittiness. The one thing the guy IS actually decent at is recruiting. But even with that, he is only good at recruiting "half" the team, and the half he is good at is the least important half (sans QBs). If his "good" recruiting of half the team begins to falter, then there is literally nothing left this fuck is good at, except kick ass pressers.

TL;DR: Fuck.
    edited November 2013

Huh?

Yup, that's what I thought.
    I got it now, but it's still a FS point. Oregon State will lose to Oregon and Arizona State when they play them in a few weeks. Both UW and Oregon State are mediocore Pac 12 schools, which was my point. They will beat us when we play them on the road, and I think we would probably beat them at home. Our game against them will be for third place in the North, proving we are basically at the same level. Neither has a bright future unless Sun Bowls are the ultimate goal.

• DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    Sark's OL recruiting has been fine. Just ask Kimmy. All we need in this class are another 3-5 WRs and our 8-WR sets will be unstoppable.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Sark's OL recruiting has been fine. Just ask Kimmy. All we need in this class are another 3-5 WRs and our 8-WR sets will be unstoppable.

Bumper crop
  • ASU goes along with UCLA, Oregon State, Stanford, and Oregon as teams who have a bright futures ahead of them. UW, not so much

Talk to me about Oregon State's conference record at the end of the year. They'll have their usual 8-5 season under Riley. Road Dawg is right quit being a cunt.