Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Todd Graham hates House Money

Doug Haller ‏@DougHaller 56m
ASU's Todd Graham on becoming bowl eligible: “We’re not interested in that. We’re interested in winning a championship."

How is ASU winning by the way? Graham is only in his second season. They have no coaching stability.

Comments

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

The House Money comment was so much bigger than most casual and retarded fans could ever realize. Really solidified that he is not, at his core, a win at all costs sleep in the office and stop banging out Joey's girls cause all I care about is winning kind of coach. Instead, he is sort of a faggot, with a triple chin. Not a good combo.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,485
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

The House Money comment was so much bigger than most casual and retarded fans could ever realize. Really solidified that he is not, at his core, a win at all costs sleep in the office and stop banging out Joey's girls cause all I care about is winning kind of coach. Instead, he is sort of a faggot, with a triple chin. Not a good combo.

So true!
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    I repoasted my 2008 top 5 coaching candidates over the summer at DM.c and was laughed at by a number of doogs with a bunch of "glad you weren't the one hiring our coach" type comments. They were especially derisive of Graham.

Fuck the doogs.

Jim Mora
    Brian Kelly
    Gary Patterson
    Todd Graham
    Kyle Whittingham
    Brian Kelly

Is there a single name on that list you wouldn't take over Sark without hesitation?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,485
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

I repoasted my 2008 top 5 coaching candidates over the summer at DM.c and was laughed at by a number of doogs with a bunch of "glad you weren't the one hiring our coach" type comments. They were especially derisive of Graham.

Fuck the doogs.

Jim Mora
    Brian Kelly
    Gary Patterson
    Todd Graham
    Kyle Whittingham
    Brian Kelly

Is there a single name on that list you wouldn't take over Sark without hesitation?

uhhhh... none have won a championship, if you don't count the Rose Bowl. No thanks.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,231
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You left off Brian Kelly
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ASU has yet to play anybody.

Wait till Graham's 4th year when he goes a virtual 9-4.

Wait till Graham's 6th year when he's rotated half his crappy staff out and isn't forced to be pulling red shirts off freshmen who never play.

Paul Graham might be Jim Mora tuff one day if he keeps this up.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,087
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Fuck the doogs.

Jim Mora
    Brian Kelly
    Gary Patterson
    Todd Graham
    Kyle Whittingham
    Brian Kelly

I don't know that everyone on your list is a sure fire top tier Coach, but I do know that they are all markedly better than Sark, so I would take anyone of them over what we have, which is shit.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Swaye said:

dnc said:

Fuck the doogs.

Jim Mora
    Brian Kelly
    Gary Patterson
    Todd Graham
    Kyle Whittingham
    Brian Kelly

I don't know that everyone on your list is a sure fire top tier Coach, but I do know that they are all markedly better than Sark, so I would take anyone of them over what we have, which is shit.
    Agreed, I'm not claiming they are. That's certainly not my top 5 heading into this offseason.

The point is, there were legitimate options outside of Mora and Brian Kelly (and Brian Kelly) that made much more sense at the time than Sark and would have far outperformed SWS up to this point.

This is all the "but who are you going to get who's any better" crowd needs to know. We had better options in 2008. We have better options now.

Fire Sark.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nobody good will coach at UW

Sark is a great coach
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

dnc said:

Fuck the doogs.

Jim Mora
    Brian Kelly
    Gary Patterson
    Todd Graham
    Kyle Whittingham
    Brian Kelly

Agreed, I'm not claiming they are. That's certainly not my top 5 heading into this offseason.

The point is, there were legitimate options outside of Mora and Brian Kelly (and Brian Kelly) that made much more sense at the time than Sark and would have far outperformed SWS up to this point.

This is all the "but who are you going to get who's any better" crowd needs to know. We had better options in 2008. We have better options now.

Fire Sark.

YRYK
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,997
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    no to wittingham please. Sark has kicked his ass out of the stadiums both times they met.

Patterson said thanks but no thanks. He is actually paid really well for the size of the program there.
    Kelly said no thanks
    Mora they messed up with and really on all accounts should be the coach right now.
    Graham I am not sure they considered (he was my top choice). I am not sure how good he is yet.
    And Kelly did not want to come.
  • Options
    Founders Club

no to wittingham please. Sark has kicked his ass out of the stadiums both times they met.

Patterson said thanks but no thanks. He is actually paid really well for the size of the program there.
    Kelly said no thanks
    Mora they messed up with and really on all accounts should be the coach right now.
    Graham I am not sure they considered (he was my top choice). I am not sure how good he is yet.

If you back up the Brinks truck to their porch, they will come. Pool Boy wasn;t willing to do what it takes to get a true top candidate, and Sark is what you get from bottom feeding. The funniest, and fucking saddest thing is, Pool Boy paid Sark like he was a top guy, so he could claim he was "serious about football."

Total fucking sham from top to bottom. We overpaid for shit, instead of just paying market rate for good, which wound up being about 10 percent apart in salary, and 100 percent apart in wins.

FML
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2013
    Swaye said:

Kelly said no thanks

If you back up the Brinks truck to their porch, they will come. Pool Boy wasn;t willing to do what it takes to get a true top candidate, and Sark is what you get from bottom feeding. The funniest, and fucking saddest thing is, Pool Boy paid Sark like he was a top guy, so he could claim he was "serious about football."

Total fucking sham from top to bottom. We overpaid for shit, instead of just paying market rate for good, which wound up being about 10 percent apart in salary, and 100 percent apart in wins.

FML

• Options
    I agree about paying them and they will come to an extent but when you're 0-12 you are 0-12. Kelly and Patterson were really hot coaching prospects at the time and could name the places they wanted to consider.

Patterson has never been anxious to leave TCU since he gets paid like a good SEC program. He campaigned for the clemson job once. He has turned down inquiries from others through the years and now theyre in the big 12 and it turns out he is average.

Kelly was basically sitting and waiting for the Notre Dame job.

Those weren't the only two coaches to go after obviously and they could have done much better and thrown money at different people (IE Graham), but there weren't a lot of people looking to jump on at our shit program.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I agree about paying them and they will come to an extent but when you're 0-12 you are 0-12. Kelly and Patterson were really hot coaching prospects at the time and could name the places they wanted to consider.

Patterson has never been anxious to leave TCU since he gets paid like a good SEC program. He campaigned for the clemson job once. He has turned down inquiries from others through the years and now theyre in the big 12 and it turns out he is average.

Those weren't the only two coaches to go after obviously and they could have done much better and thrown money at different people (IE Graham), but there weren't a lot of people looking to jump on at our shit program.

I agree with this and have gotten into disagreements over this before. In 2008, we weren't going to get a proven winner from a big school. I could not find an example of this happening with a 3 win team, let alone a 0-12 team. That would not be a problem anymore, but it was back then.

We should have gone after guys like Graham, Sumlin and other coaches who were doing well at smaller schools. I don't even mind the coordinator hire, but Sark had not even proven he was a good coordinator.

• Options

I agree with this and have gotten into disagreements over this before. In 2008, we weren't going to get a proven winner from a big school. I could not find an example of this happening with a 3 win team, let alone a 0-12 team. That would not be a problem anymore, but it was back then.

We should have gone after guys like Graham, Sumlin and other coaches who were doing well at smaller schools. I don't even mind the coordinator hire, but Sark had not even proven he was a good coordinator.

I agree. That is why I hope desperately that they make the move now and go out and find this year's bret bielma (Proven underpaid coach) or Deruyter (Up and coming?) and just pay them what it takes to get them here.

If they don't make the move this year I think there is a VERY good chance of the wheels falling off next year and having a 5-7 type year. The team will beat shitty teams at first, then the first of any adversity will turn into an avalanche for death watch 2014. We won't have sankey next year and I wouldn't be surprised to see our defensive staff jump ship also.

They aren't going to get highly sought after assistants to come to the school this off season as everyone will see it as Sark's win or get out year. That never works with a coach who never won in the first place.