Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mike Leach on Playoffs

doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
...What hurts our conference is the mind-numbingly, short-sighted notion that four teams in a playoff somehow establishes something, and that it’s a very clever approach,” Leach began.

“It’s such a brilliant approach, that’s why everybody does it that way. I mean, really, nobody does it that way. I mean, if we’re so smart, wouldn’t all the other sports say, ‘You know what? Let’s have a committee. You know, ’cause why not? We’re America and we love committees. Let’s get us a committee. Well, who should be on the committee? Well, I don’t know. This guy’s a good guy. Let’s have him on the committee.’”

“Look, there are people on the committee that don’t have the remotest association with football, nor do they know anything about football other than being a fan (he didn’t mention former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, by name anyway).

“But you know what, let’s have them on a committee. Why not? It would be fun. We’d go to a resort. We could talk, we could hang out at dinner. And then we’ll decide which four teams could go. ‘Cause you know why? We don’t need to solve this on the field. ‘Cause we’re the ones that know.

“If we’re going to do it that way, we should just ask the committee at the beginning of the season to go ahead and vote on it then. Why even have the games? To me, that’s not a playoff. There’s nothing playoff about it. How can you call it a playoff when there are four teams, and conference champions don’t even necessarily make the playoffs....

http://sportspressnw.com/2237040/2017/leach-rips-cfp-ahead-of-saturdays-apple-cup

Comments