Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

AuburnKewg is at it again

EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
edited November 2017 in College Football Forum
https://247sports.com/college/washington-state/Board/103296/Contents/Auburndawgs-Fearless-Apple-Cup-Forecast-110847635

Has anyone met Dave or is he just an alt handle for a WSU poaster trying to make UW look bad? I can't believe he didn't mention our smallish dbs against their taller receivers. Stanford. Think about that. Stanford made our midget dbs look horrible.

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    He's REAL.

And he's doogtacular.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Nov 21, 10:19 AM

Apologize for my absence. Auburndawg is just now getting over the shock and humiliation of losing to Stanford and nearly losing to Utah.

I expected this team to compete for the national championship, not go 2-2 on the road in conference play. Washington is not a great team, it is a good team having a good year, but not much better than anyone else in this mediocre league. Why? Mainly due to injuries, this team is not talented enough or mature enough to be great...to be elite.

We are starting eight Freshmen and Sophomores, and 17 of the 44 guys in the depth chart are in their first or second year. That's not super young, but look at Stanford. They start 3 Sophomores on offense. That's it. Everyone else, including the entire defense is a JR or SR, and they start several 5th year SRs. With injuries and graduations we are younger than we were last year.

We lost John Ross, but expected Chico McClatcher to step right in, along with Andre Baccelia. Both got hurt.

On the offensive line, we are now starting Kirkland, a career backup, at guard because Sosebee was getting dominated, and a rsFR, Wattenberg, at tackle because Adams is hurt.

On defense, we lost three DBs to the NFL, but that was OK because we have these two remarkable young corners, Murphy and Miller, but they are both hurt. (Murphy is just now getting healthy) This week our three CBs are Joyner, Bryant and Dotson, who is still learning how to be a DB.

And then there is the strange case of Azeem Victor, a guy we thought would be an All American. Ben But-Kirven is a good player, but he's not what we thought Victor was going to be.

This is a good team that has lost two road games by narrow margins. But we are now starting too many back ups, and too many young guys, and that's why we have struggled at times and lost two close road games.

Which brings us to the Apple Cup. All year I have labored under the assumption that, due to our outstanding defense, Washington was just better than all their opponents. I have picked us to win every game comfortably. But right now our defense, specifically our pass defense, is not outstanding. So this one is going to be close. Falk is good. Your defensive front 7 is fast. But In the end, our superior ability to run the ball, stop the run, and pressure Falk, plus home field advantage, will make up for the big passing plays you are going to make.

Dawgs 31
    Cougs 27

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    If Washington was half as good as he thinks they are, they would win by 5 touchdowns.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2017
    AZDuck said:

Nov 21, 10:19 AM

Apologize for my absence. Auburndawg is just now getting over the shock and humiliation of losing to Stanford and nearly losing to Utah.

I expected this team to compete for the national championship, not go 2-2 on the road in conference play. Washington is not a great team, it is a good team having a good year, but not much better than anyone else in this mediocre league. Why? Mainly due to injuries, this team is not talented enough or mature enough to be great...to be elite.

We are starting eight Freshmen and Sophomores, and 17 of the 44 guys in the depth chart are in their first or second year. That's not super young, but look at Stanford. They start 3 Sophomores on offense. That's it. Everyone else, including the entire defense is a JR or SR, and they start several 5th year SRs. With injuries and graduations we are younger than we were last year.

We lost John Ross, but expected Chico McClatcher to step right in, along with Andre Baccelia. Both got hurt.

On the offensive line, we are now starting Kirkland, a career backup, at guard because Sosebee was getting dominated, and a rsFR, Wattenberg, at tackle because Adams is hurt.

On defense, we lost three DBs to the NFL, but that was OK because we have these two remarkable young corners, Murphy and Miller, but they are both hurt. (Murphy is just now getting healthy) This week our three CBs are Joyner, Bryant and Dotson, who is still learning how to be a DB.

And then there is the strange case of Azeem Victor, a guy we thought would be an All American. Ben But-Kirven is a good player, but he's not what we thought Victor was going to be.

This is a good team that has lost two road games by narrow margins. But we are now starting too many back ups, and too many young guys, and that's why we have struggled at times and lost two close road games.

Which brings us to the Apple Cup. All year I have labored under the assumption that, due to our outstanding defense, Washington was just better than all their opponents. I have picked us to win every game comfortably. But right now our defense, specifically our pass defense, is not outstanding. So this one is going to be close. Falk is good. Your defensive front 7 is fast. But In the end, our superior ability to run the ball, stop the run, and pressure Falk, plus home field advantage, will make up for the big passing plays you are going to make.

Dawgs 31
    Cougs 27

Does that mean that he has been a Dawgman subscriber for over 15 years?

Oh shit - its even worse than I thought. . .