Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Detroit Real Estate Hot Talk

doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
Wanna get rich?

You’ve cum to the right place! Learn how to get Rich buying real estate from Hedge funds who bought literally, blocks of hundreds of homes at depressed prices, just a few years ago.

Comments

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    We made a serious look into it in 2008. You could buy neighborhoods for as little as $4k. The shitty part was property tax was still $500-$800 a year per lot. It would have taken some serious capital to sit on them the decade or more required to make it worth it. Demolition would be needed as well which is never cheap.

They were in the process of zoning the north end of the city and were going to let a lot of it go back to nature. So, if you were caught it that it was a total sunk cost. The nice areas were still pretty expensive.

Buying foreclosures in Oregon in 2010 was a much better investment. We got an average of a 45% turn in five years.
  • Options
    Serious look. Sure you did.

But, in the end, you left the risk for others to take. You didn't have the courage to pull the trigger.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,652
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited November 2017
    Mosster47 said:

We made a serious look into it in 2008. You could buy neighborhoods for as little as $4k. The shitty part was property tax was still $500-$800 a year per lot. It would have taken some serious capital to sit on them the decade or more required to make it worth it. Demolition would be needed as well which is never cheap.

They were in the process of zoning the north end of the city and were going to let a lot of it go back to nature. So, if you were caught it that it was a total sunk cost. The nice areas were still pretty expensive.

Buying foreclosures in Oregon in 2010 was a much better investment. We got an average of a 45% turn in five years.

Uhh

$5,000-8,000?
  • Options

Mosster47 said:

Uhh

$5,000-8,000?
    Not quite. After realtor fees it was a net between $30-$45k per property. That's a pretty solid five year turn with other people paying the overhead. The market is back to normal. We sold and moved on. I had no interest in moving back to Oregon, it was just an easy opportunity to make some money and see the fam for a few years.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,383
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Who knew pumping ethyl was such a high paying career?
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Uhh

$5,000-8,000?
    Not quite. After realtor fees it was a net between $30-$45k per property. That's a pretty solid five year turn with other people paying the overhead. The market is back to normal. We sold and moved on. I had no interest in moving back to Oregon, it was just an easy opportunity to make some money and see the fam for a few years.
    No one believes anything you say. HTH.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,642
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Mosster you are so full of shit... Haha.

Christ.
  • Options
    jecornel said:

Christ.

Not quite. VA loan for the big house that I lived in, which doesn't cost anything to move into. You could get foreclosures for $100k and under like toothpicks at that time. If you have the 20% any bank will give you the money for five investment properties. Rent them out, which was super easy in those days because everyone that was retarded and bought during the bubble destroyed their credit. They pay the equity.

I honestly didn't think it was only going to take five years. I thought it would be more of 8 to 10 to pay off. You win some you lose some.

That was easy. You would of had to have some serious fucking money that you didn't need to make Detroit stuff work and I definitely didn't have that.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,770
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2017
    Why did you post your Christmas letter on HCH? Lonely, Mosster47? This might cheer you up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRiIhvRQVjA

Fancy Feast, Indeed.
  • Options
    Mosster47 said:

jecornel said:

Christ.

Not quite. VA loan for the big house that I lived in, which doesn't cost anything to move into. You could get foreclosures for $100k and under like toothpicks at that time. If you have the 20% any bank will give you the money for five investment properties. Rent them out, which was super easy in those days because everyone that was retarded and bought during the bubble destroyed their credit. They pay the equity.

I honestly didn't think it was only going to take five years. I thought it would be more of 8 to 10 to pay off. You win some you lose some.

That was easy. You would of had to have some serious fucking money that you didn't need to make Detroit stuff work and I definitely didn't have that.
    You had plenty of money to buy Oregon foreclosures, like toothpicks, at $100 grand a pop yet buying Detroit properties for $5-10 grand, which you looked into, but passed on, would have taken too much money? And your plan called for 8-10 year hold?

Do you know how I know you don’t teach junior high maff? (Oh shit. Maybe you do?)