Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

RIP Malcolm Young

2»

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,172
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

AC/DC died with Bon Scott

While I am partial to the pre-Brian Johnson version, that was about as good a replacement version as any band I know of.

They produced some good shit after Scott, but a lot of the really, really good shit was from the early days. Touch too much and Live Wire are my personal favorites. COD on For those about to rock is up there.
    You probably liked 5150 and OU812. Van Heflin died with Diamond Dave's solo career.

AC/DC died when Bon Scott inhaled his dinner puke. Johnson is a screecher who couldn't carry Scott's drunken pissed-in jock.
    Agree. Every thing after 1984 sucks. The first 6 VH albums, however, are all something special.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Van Hagar was the worst. I actually saw them at a free concert in downtown Dallas. Fucking terrible.

You know a concert is fucked when it's free and still gets rated as horrible.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited November 2017
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

AC/DC died with Bon Scott

While I am partial to the pre-Brian Johnson version, that was about as good a replacement version as any band I know of.

They produced some good shit after Scott, but a lot of the really, really good shit was from the early days. Touch too much and Live Wire are my personal favorites. COD on For those about to rock is up there.
    You probably liked 5150 and OU812. Van Heflin died with Diamond Dave's solo career.

AC/DC died when Bon Scott inhaled his dinner puke. Johnson is a screecher who couldn't carry Scott's drunken pissed-in jock.
    Negative . I was ok with Hagar solo and even then HATED van hagar. Also didn't like van Halan even with Dave once the synthesizer started showing up a lot.

Johnson did a much better job filling in and AC/DC was a viable ass kicking band post-Scott. But as I said, like 99% of people out there I prefer Scott ... as I said. I thought Berkeley guys could read good.