Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I have slightly negative feelings about this

"You are a terrible fan
if the only enjoyment you get out the game is whether your team wins or loses.

I worked in Major League Baseball for a number of years, and we NEVER sold wins and losses. In a three game weekend series, the best team in baseball will win 2 and lose 1, the worst team will win 1 and lose 2. So you sell the sunshine and the cold beer and the fact you are outside watching some amazingly skilled athletes play a global game at the highest level possible. Fun for the whole family.

It's easier to see that in baseball, but the same applies to Husky football. I like everything about it, from the walk to the game to cruising the tailgates to the halftime ritual hot dog. I like the band, I like the siren, I like it when they run out of the tunnel. I like to stand up and sing Bow Down to Washington. Of course it's more fun when they win. And consistent losing makes me grumpy on Sundays just like anybody else. But we are fans. We don't get to hire and fire. I can voice my displeasure when things don't go how I want them, but I'm still going to go to the games and cheer on the team. It's fun for me, win or lose. Sorry it isn't fun for you."

"I like what you said! too many ...
want to get wrapped up in their own disappointment, anger, hatred, and post senseless diatribes which are more funny than sad.
Don't quite understand why they bother posting? Why not just go root for a team that meets their expectations? When that team no longer meets their standards, move on to another. It would make their lives so much happier.
It does not mean I am satisfied it just means I think there are a lot of us that share the disappointment that don't want to focus on the bad things that have happened in the program. Despite all the bad there have been good moments, not enough, but there are sure a lot of kids that have put in a lot of hard work, and coaches who have toiled to turn this thing around.
Lots of work to do and lots of us who won't give up or give into not trying to get better.
good post"

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,107 Founders Club
    #MyCrimsonTide
  • We've lost, Doogs won. It's been over for a while.

7-6 forever, orange slices for everyone! Fuck lets just take down the scoreboard since it no longer matters.

There needs to be a mass genoccide to rid these Doogs.

*yes I went there fuck off!
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    You can't expect 7-6 forever. Even the good teams have down years once in awhile.

We've lost, Doogs won. It's been over for a while.

7-6 forever, orange slices for everyone! Fuck lets just take down the scoreboard since it no longer matters.

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,120 Founders Club
    Win or lose, we enjoy the pageantry and family atmosphere!

Woof!
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Who is the person who posted this drivel? They should be throat-fucked to death by a chainsaw wielding silverback gorilla.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Keeping score is for Nazi racists!

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,159

Who is the person who posted this drivel? They should be throat-fucked to death by a chainsaw wielding silverback gorilla.

Somebody named dogmeister was the first one. The follow up was sylvrdawg. Both are begging for the ripest of citrus
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    Die in a fire yesterday already. Why do these people even like sports.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Somebody named dogmeister was the first one. The follow up was sylvrdawg. Both are begging for the ripest of citrus
    Somebody had the response to dogmeister that at least we all know Howard Lincoln posts on doogman.

• SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,108 Swaye's Wigwam
    After a decade of fighting the insurgents and terrorists.... I now get them.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    One of the best examples of Marinerization around.... hobby board material.
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    I would rather enjoy if this individual became enthusiastic about matches, and began playing with them around gasoline. It may be a little "too much" for most fans to take, but she will just be expressing her enthusiasm.

Burning.scarves.up.bitch
    Oh yeah. Burn the rest of the Seattle down while you are at it.

"You are a terrible fan
    if the only enjoyment you get out the game is whether your team wins or loses.

I worked in Major League Baseball for a number of years, and we NEVER sold wins and losses. In a three game weekend series, the best team in baseball will win 2 and lose 1, the worst team will win 1 and lose 2. So you sell the sunshine and the cold beer and the fact you are outside watching some amazingly skilled athletes play a global game at the highest level possible. Fun for the whole family.

It's easier to see that in baseball, but the same applies to Husky football. I like everything about it, from the walk to the game to cruising the tailgates to the halftime ritual hot dog. I like the band, I like the siren, I like it when they run out of the tunnel. I like to stand up and sing Bow Down to Washington. Of course it's more fun when they win. And consistent losing makes me grumpy on Sundays just like anybody else. But we are fans. We don't get to hire and fire. I can voice my displeasure when things don't go how I want them, but I'm still going to go to the games and cheer on the team. It's fun for me, win or lose. Sorry it isn't fun for you."

"I like what you said! too many ...
    want to get wrapped up in their own disappointment, anger, hatred, and post senseless diatribes which are more funny than sad.
    Don't quite understand why they bother posting? Why not just go root for a team that meets their expectations? When that team no longer meets their standards, move on to another. It would make their lives so much happier.
    It does not mean I am satisfied it just means I think there are a lot of us that share the disappointment that don't want to focus on the bad things that have happened in the program. Despite all the bad there have been good moments, not enough, but there are sure a lot of kids that have put in a lot of hard work, and coaches who have toiled to turn this thing around.
    Lots of work to do and lots of us who won't give up or give into not trying to get better.
    good post"

Afrer a second pass, we have been whoooooooosed.

The secondary agreement screams "staged."

Either that, or I may head to the garage, match-in-hand. . .
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,378 Founders Club

We've lost, Doogs won. It's been over for a while.

Gotta be careful, Passion didn't like it when I made fun of the Armenian genocide.

In other news, Passion is a complete fag, so who cares.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,378 Founders Club

this is total BS. for a 30yr old fan, FUCK this shit. all of it.

I have never had a UW football program to be proud of as an adult. The last RB happened when I was a Jr. in high School. When DJ was doing his thing in the early 90's, I wasn't even 10 years old. The 4 yrs I spent at UW were some of the worst football known to man. Even during '02-'06, i thought a season like '08 was never a possibility. Sadly I was wrong, terribly wrong. I am being robbed of a fucking program to be proud of. I'll be the vocal fucking minority all day and where it proud. I love battling Doogs. My fight is not over, for whatever that's worth. I truly feel violated that this has happened, and is still happening.

Maybe it's an exercise in futility, but someday....somehow....our blind squirrel of a fucking program will find nuts aplenty.

He's here to help.