Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to Larry Scott, ESPN, FOX, and NASCAR

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,948 Founders Club
Little YellowSnow says FUCK YOU ALL. All season long, since the Montana game, my 3 year old has been begging his Daddy to take him to another Husky Game. Kind of hard to do when basically every game (excepting UCLA) kicks off after the bed time of a little tike. Don't you care about exposing the game to the next generation of fans you morons or is all about the almighty dollar? At any rate and against my better judgment, I decided to strap on a pair and try to make it to half time.

P.S. to Jonathon Smith - we better be up 21-0 at the half so I don't have to stress about leaving the game early.

Comments

• BreadBread Member Posts: 4,011
    You let your kid rep Feyenoord?
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,707 Founders Club
    As always, money talks.

With that said, if UW ever learns not to piss away winnable games, then they might get better timeslots.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,948 Founders Club
    Bread said:

You let your kid rep Feyenoord?

I don't like soccer much but this was the best I could do for a little blonde haired kid flippin' the bird.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    good job taking him at an early age - I go to one game a year but the kids go to them all plus road trips each year. They get more upset than I do when the Dawgs (thanks noodle arm) take a shit.
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958 Standard Supporter
    LebamDawg said:

good job taking him at an early age - I go to one game a year but the kids go to them all plus road trips each year. They get more upset than I do when the Dawgs (thanks noodle arm) take a shit.

AGREE! My parents took me to Dawgs games once or twice a year when I was little and those are some of my fondest early memories. Childhood nostalgia does a lot in helping to build/keep a fan base.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381

LebamDawg said:

AGREE! My parents took me to Dawgs games once or twice a year when I was little and those are some of my fondest early memories. Childhood nostalgia does a lot in helping to build/keep a fan base.
    Crisp fall days with your two dads?
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    15K empty seats at a 7:30 game doesn't show much
    atmosphere to a potential recruit. That's partly on
    Larry Scott but also let's face it. We really don't have
    hardcore fans compared to serious programs. At
    Penn State or Bama those stands are full regardless
    of kickoff time.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Little YellowSnow says FUCK YOU ALL. All season long, since the Montana game, my 3 year old has been begging his Daddy to take him to another Husky Game. Kind of hard to do when basically every game (excepting UCLA) kicks off after the bed time of a little tike. Don't you care about exposing the game to the next generation of fans you morons or is all about the almighty dollar? At any rate and against my better judgment, I decided to strap on a pair and try to make it to half time.

P.S. to Jonathon Smith - we better be up 21-0 at the half so I don't have to stress about leaving the game early.

Great child abuse as always.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

AZDuck said:

LebamDawg said:

Crisp fall days with your two dads?
    Wooooodddd big time.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club
    whuggy said:

15K empty seats at a 7:30 game doesn't show much
    atmosphere to a potential recruit. That's partly on
    Larry Scott but also let's face it. We really don't have
    hardcore fans compared to serious programs. At
    Penn State or Bama those stands are full regardless
    of kickoff time.

Your being generous. It will be 20K empty seats, and after halftime the stadium will be 35K full/35k empty.

But see, that's part of the "greatest setting in college football". Plenty of space to watch the game around you.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,360
    Too wet and cold?

Now its......... Gayme too late?

...... undefeated......1230 kickoff.......Smiff diaff........ranked #2........sunny and 75.......

Did I leave out anything, you sensitive, pampered, over stuffed, sons of bitches

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    dannarc said:

Too wet and cold?

Now its......... Gayme too late?

...... undefeated......1230 kickoff.......Smiff diaff........ranked #2........sunny and 75.......

Did I leave out anything, you sensitive, pampered, over stuffed, sons of bitches

Season too over