Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I can't believe I'm saying this (hugh on Browning)

So I have the eklund level crud, must have caught it from that dirty ass city of SF.

I decided to put myself through further hell by listening to the honks post game show.

Hugh on a roll about the fact that Jake's decision making is 4/20 slow. He can't comprehend how Jake can't just let it rip. He has to have the WR WIDE OPEN... He has zero desire to throw in the "yellow" zone. Off the Browning band wagon.

Refreshing to hear "real" criticism of a QB named Jake.

Couldn't understand how they went away from the up tempo. Can't figure out Smiff's logic to move away from it. Spent three hours of the evening trying to figure it out. Maybe they weren't able to keep the pace up? They have about 80 plays, worried about running out of plays?

He off the smiffy train.

Softy, not clear why they were goofing around with the pass. He was very agitated! and you don't want an agitated Softy.

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    Fire Everyone.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,502 Standard Supporter
    jecornel said:

you don't want an agitated Softy.

I get one 2-3 times a day :(
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,948 Founders Club

When you've lost Hugh Millen, well then you've lost...

Hate to be the one to break it to you but that photo is not Hugh Millen.
    Whoosh baiter
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    It’s one thing to shit the bed as a freshman ... you are largely expected to

It’s another thing to have some subpar games in key spots as a sophomore with most of those coming after sustaining a shoulder injury that eventually required surgery ...

But when that’s followed up with severe regression as a junior that only has magnified the issues seen as an underclassman ...

You are supposed to improve as you get older in college ... but I can’t say that about Browning ...

That’s an indictment on Smith as a QB coach ...

It’s an indictment on Browning the player as it’s very likely he’s reached his ceiling as a player
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,541 Standard Supporter

When you've lost Hugh Millen, well then you've lost...

Hate to be the one to break it to you but that photo is not Hugh Millen.
    LisaGuerreroNipple.gif

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,876 Standard Supporter
    edited November 2017
    Tequilla said:

It’s another thing to have some subpar games in key spots as a sophomore with most of those coming after sustaining a shoulder injury that eventually required surgery ...

But when that’s followed up with severe regression as a junior that only has magnified the issues seen as an underclassman ...

You are supposed to improve as you get older in college ... but I can’t say that about Browning ...

It’s an indictment on Browning the player as it’s very likely he’s reached his ceiling as a player

Jake I>>>>Jake II. Exponentially.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

Tequilla said:

Plug Lockner into this years team and last years. I say +1 on victories last and most likely 2 this year. At least Lockner was a competitor

Tequilla said:

Plug Lockner into this years team and last years. I say +1 on victories last and most likely 2 this year. At least Lockner was a competitor
    Not once did I see Lockner sack himself. I've seen Jake II do it 2 or 3 times.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,132

Tequilla said:

Not once did I see Lockner sack himself. I've seen Jake II do it 2 or 3 times per game.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    jecornel said:

So I have the eklund level crud, must have caught it from that dirty ass city of SF.

I decided to put myself through further hell by listening to the honks post game show.

Hugh on a roll about the fact that Jake's decision making is 4/20 slow. He can't comprehend how Jake can't just let it rip. He has to have the WR WIDE OPEN... He has zero desire to throw in the "yellow" zone. Off the Browning band wagon.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Tequilla said:

Lockner was horrible and might be actually retarded.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Tequilla said:

Lockner would still lose games with awful turnovers.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Tequilla said:

Nope Jack wouldn't sack himself.

He'd have a couple games where he couldn't hit the brood side of Ruth's flamefest gash though.

You're kidding yourself if you think Lockner was ever capable of a 1 loss season.
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

He'd have a couple games where he couldn't hit the brood side of Ruth's flamefest gash though.

You're kidding yourself if you think Lockner was ever capable of a 1 loss season.
    8th overall pick in the 2011 draft. Seems the NFL disagrees.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

TURDLICKER, STOp!
    edited November 2017
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

TURDLICKER, STOp!
    The point is that it's been a really, really long time since UW has had a QB with the complete package. If there are 10 critical traits we want a QB to have to be successful, Jake II possesses 3 or 4 and his negatives are presently outweighing his positives. Jake I had accuracy issues and made bad decisions, but even he was a 5 or 6 with shit to mediocre coaching. End of day this is a package deal with Babushka destroying any change Jake II had at being >5.