Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

As it turns out, you can't necessarily keep your insurance if you like it

Comments

• TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    Don't blame me I did a write in vote for Bill Maher.
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    Won't matter to the Obama lemmings. That clown could get caught blowing little boys and his followers would say the kids deserved it. And liked it.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959

Won't matter to the Obama lemmings. That clown could get caught blowing little boys and his followers would say the kids deserved it. And liked it.

You should have seen what those little brats were wearing. Asking for it.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,737 Founders Club
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,351 Swaye's Wigwam
    Our rates went down and I can insure my son with the best coverage plan our college offers as opposed to the worst plan like before

Interesting yet irrelevant
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    HuskyJW said:

Our rates went down and I can insure my son with the best coverage plan our college offers as opposed to the worst plan like before

Details? I want that plan. Or are you one of the privelged groups that don't have ot put up with this shit?
    The first time I heard that shit I called him out on it. I wasn't going to let him get away with it. This whole thing is not economically workable. It will either have to go to single payer (which I think is the goal) or they will need to offer plans that fit with what people need at a reasonable rpice. Which means they will need to have risk pools and charge accordingly. Shocker.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    Shocker, at least this is the first and only time that Obama got caught blowing smoke out of his ass right?
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

They would call the little kids lucky
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,590 Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

link?

HuskyJW said:

Details? I want that plan. Or are you one of the privelged groups that don't have ot put up with this shit?
    ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!!1!! I think you're full of shit.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    It's true that health care insurance that doesn't protect the insured from bankruptcy caused by unpaid medical bills doesn't qualify as health care insurance per the Federal Affordable Health Care Act. What a shame that another common method of freeloading on the health care system has been exposed for what it is.
  • death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991
    I never thought that I'd think that I was "lucky" to be a service disabled veteran. I "like" my VA free coverage, (that I earned by agreeing to get shot at), AND I get to keep it, for the time being. The Medical side of the VA is excellent. The disability claims side is a joke. The Obamacare website is designed after the VA disability claims process that's a complete joke. They spent over $1 Billion on a 1 million claim backlog and the backlog grew 30%. They could have sent $1,000 to each Vet and let the vet find and attorney do the claim. Instead they hired bottom of the barrel people who have never been in the military and don't understand the paperwork they're looking at.

They did the same thing with Obamacare; except they're going to have to process 100 million applications, each more complicated than a VA disability claim. Sebelius and Obama have no fucking clue what they did. Wait until you have to hire an attorney to un-fuck what your Obamacare Service Professional did with your file. You'll be looking at 3-4 year appeals, JUST LIKE THE VA SYSTEM. The reason for the long appeals process is that hope you die while you're waiting. The exchange is going to try and tell an Insurance company that your application is one thing, and HHS is going to say it's something else. It is going to be a giant cluster fuck.

BTW, my sister died of cancer in Canada while the System was arguing about her treatment. They didn't do her mastectomy nor start her chemo until it was too late.
    Tailgater said:

It's true that health care insurance that doesn't protect the insured from bankruptcy caused by unpaid medical bills doesn't qualify as health care insurance per the Federal Affordable Health Care Act. What a shame that another common method of freeloading on the health care system has been exposed for what it is.

Sure

All those millions losing the insurance that they liked and were promised they could keep were actually just freeloaders abusing the emergency room

You missed a spot on your chin

Seems like that's something that would have come up during the debate over the law, not 4 years later after Obama got re elected
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    dnc said:

In recent weeks I've seen what seem an alarming number of references to rape on these boards. I don't really know the number, it may well be only a half dozen or so, but they jump out at me and are shocking when they happen.

Seems in almost every case the references have come in jest or when someone is trying to be sarcastic or ironic. When did rape become something to laugh at ? When did it climb into humorous territory ?

Fact: I'm older than many on this board and I do realize that "current" topics for humor change with younger generations. Is there some movie reference or something that I'm just not aware of that makes rape funny ?

Sarcasm and irony like their ugly sisters racism and bigotry are not always intended to be funny, even in art. This is I think good for in this land of free speech, muted expression as the order of the day could never sell.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tailgater said:

dnc said:

In recent weeks I've seen what seem an alarming number of references to rape on these boards. I don't really know the number, it may well be only a half dozen or so, but they jump out at me and are shocking when they happen.

Seems in almost every case the references have come in jest or when someone is trying to be sarcastic or ironic. When did rape become something to laugh at ? When did it climb into humorous territory ?

Fact: I'm older than many on this board and I do realize that "current" topics for humor change with younger generations. Is there some movie reference or something that I'm just not aware of that makes rape funny ?

Sarcasm and irony like their ugly sisters racism and bigotry are not always intended to be funny, even in art. This is I think good for in this land of free speech, muted expression as the order of the day could never sell.

One of us is being whooshed