Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Been up & down this beach

Ain't found any fucking perspective
Having expectations is cruel AF. Still hate you all.

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Plus I was certain #MyIrish ND was going to take care business. Hate Miami
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Postal91 said:

I think I see @TheChart on that beach. Just have shitty expectations like: If we are losing by more than 7, we aren't coming back at all, ever. If we are losing by more than 3 in the 2nd half, we aren't coming back at all, ever. If we just had 3 great runs for big gains, we are passing the next play. This will allow you to drink yourself out before the end of the game. You're welcome.

FUCK ME. FUCK YOU. FUCK EVERYONE.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,861
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    All day yesterday and today I kept thinking about that drive we had where we had just picked up 5 yards running the ball on first down, and then proceeded to try and pass the next two downs resulting in two incompletions. It seemed like every time we busted out the hurry up and just kept handing off, we were getting 5-10 yards every time.

A slightly lesser annoyance was when we killed a drive getting stuffed trying to run with Coleman twice in a row when we were behind later in the game. Coleman makes big plays for us, but he is too easily tripped up behind and at the line of scrimmage, and that shit is costly because we aren't a good passing team. Gaskin is terrific at squeezing every last tough yard possible, and doesn't go down because some guy tapped his ankle with his pinky finger. That was a very crucial drive, so you'd think we want our BEST running back out there (in b4 someone says "Ahmed?").

Stats can probably prove me wrong (or right), but I bitched about Coleman after the ASU game, so I decided that's going to be my thing whenever I'm pissed off after a loss. You hear that, Coleman? Fuck you.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Paging @MCEscherDawg for some perspective.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Y'all beat the worst Oregon offense in a decade by 35; you got that going for ya
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,864
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2017
    Couldn't agree mor Grundle - expectations are indeed cruel as fuck. But I took a beach walk too the other day for some perspective. Since the 2015 ASU debacle, we've won 23 of our last 27 games, with a noodle arm, game manager, front runner QB, crappy OL, WR recruiting, and not being able to replace Littleton and Feeney.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

All day yesterday and today I kept thinking about that drive we had where we had just picked up 5 yards running the ball on first down, and then proceeded to try and pass the next two downs resulting in two incompletions. It seemed like every time we busted out the hurry up and just kept handing off, we were getting 5-10 yards every time.

A slightly lesser annoyance was when we killed a drive getting stuffed trying to run with Coleman twice in a row when we were behind later in the game. Coleman makes big plays for us, but he is too easily tripped up behind and at the line of scrimmage, and that shit is costly because we aren't a good passing team. Gaskin is terrific at squeezing every last tough yard possible, and doesn't go down because some guy tapped his ankle with his pinky finger. That was a very crucial drive, so you'd think we want our BEST running back out there (in b4 someone says "Ahmed?").

Stats can probably prove me wrong (or right), but I bitched about Coleman after the ASU game, so I decided that's going to be my thing whenever I'm pissed off after a loss. You hear that, Coleman? Fuck you.

Call me crazy, but trying to wedge Coleman, easily the most punishing runner in the conference, into a bitch session seems like a massive stretch.

Better off just complaining about Smiff and Noodles Browning (I disclosed that I would using that one).
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Plus I was certain #MyIrish ND was going to take care business. Hate Miami

And we hate you; so our relationship is balanced.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,861
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2017

Call me crazy, but trying to wedge Coleman, easily the most punishing runner in the conference, into a bitch session seems like a massive stretch.

Better off just complaining about Smiff and Noodles Browning (I disclosed that I would using that one).

I agree that Coleman is the most punishing runner in the conference. Did you see how hard he punished Husky fans when his shitty running set us up to go 3 and out on a critical possession?

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,578

Couldn't agree mor Grundle - expectations are indeed cruel as fuck. But I took a beach walk too the other day for some perspective. Since the 2015 ASU debacle, we've won 23 of our last 27 games, with a noodle arm, game manager, front runner QB, crappy OL, WR recruiting, and not being able to replace Littleton and Feeney.

Why wouldn't you count asu 2015. That was classic Smith and Browning. Nothing's changed.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,864
    Swaye's Wigwam

Why wouldn't you count asu 2015. That was classic Smith and Browning. Nothing's changed.
    Disagree. Plenty's changed. We won the Pac last year and broke the losing streak to the Bitchforks. That said, we need more hope and change to consistently not choke away games in the Valley of the Sun.
  • Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

except winning the conference for the first time since 2000. has to count for something big guy.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,578
    BaldwinIV said:

except winning the conference for the first time since 2000. has to count for something big guy.
    Play calling and Browning wise