Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

HuskyFan Podcast: Water is Wet, Sark Needs to be Fired part 2

2»

Comments

• Cornell is right, when Lambo went 6-6 it felt like fucking rock bottom. In fact some fans referred to that era as the "dark years" up until the Ty bull shit came along.

Sark isn't a good coach. A doog told me "you gotta admit Sark has increased the talent".

I was like he went 7-6 with Ty's players and is going to go 7-6 with this "increased talent" so I don't get your point?

Not to go way OT,but those were scary and angering times. We began the 1999 season 0-2, including losses to BYU and Ground Force (again!!) and even before the season my friend and I were thinking it might be the end of the non-losing season streak. I went to that Colorado game, and it was a major turning point. If they lose that, who knows what happens? Personally I think its more like a 4-7 season and there's no Rose Bowl the next year.
    Shows the difference in our fan base. After TWO FUCKING GAMES I remember there was a lot of "I knew it! We fucked up by hiring Neuheisel. He needs to go".

Now it's year five and I hear "He needs more time".
  • death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991
    I liked the point about conference records vs. complete records. DJ cared about an OOC loss but he wasn't suicidal about it. The season started when the conference schedule started. Sark is VERY concerned about OOC. He wants 3-0 or 4-0 to puff up the record. That's why he starts fast and goes downhill from the opening game. We are doomed In-Conference. As long as he can puff up his record, he thinks he's safe. Was this supposed to be an A-B-C OOC schedule? Who was the A? Was Illinois the C? They haven't won a game since we played them except for beating Miami of Ohio who's 0-8. Boise State is 5-3 in the MWC. They are no A this year. We played a B, C, D OOC schedule this year.
  • Good point about Illinois I remember Doogs telling me they were a bowl team this year. They had a soft OOC schedule. Going 3-1.

In conference they are 0-3 having lost by a combined score of 137-54. Boise State has proven they aren't very good either.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    That Colorado was unreal...it was like 70 degrees and sunny, the crowd was awesome... slick taking out his old squad...uw football was fun.