Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Portland pussy campaigns for Smith to return home

TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
edited November 2017 in Hardcore Husky Board
Jonathan Smith, the Washington offensive coordinator, makes a lot of sense for the Beavers. Prodigal son returns home. Wonder if Smith as the head coach and offensive mind with Hall as his defensive coordinator would be a package Oregon State might like.

Then again, UW's Jimmy Lake might be the more intriguing combination with Smith. They've worked together and snatching them both from the Huskies would be a big blow to Chris Petersen's program. Lake is a terrific recruiter and has a "co-defensive coordinator" title even though he's really not. A $600,000 salary for Lake and some real responsibility might do it.

Biggest question about Smith to Oregon State isn't whether he'd leave Washington for OSU. Spent some time on Saturday in Seattle asking people around the program what Smith is like. To a person, they described him as introverted and a behind the scenes guy. Maybe that's just what you do when Chris Petersen is the head coach. Maybe it's a sign that Smith is a great coordinator with a great football mind... who might suffer from Mark Helfrich-like syndrome if he was elevated to head coach? Or not? Something to think on.

Husky Stadium basically sits on Lake Washington. Anyone who thinks kicking off a game there in November at 7 p.m. is a good idea needs to come sit with me in the open-air press box on deadline. I left the stadium around 1 a.m.

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2017/11/canzano_going_a-z_on_oregons_p.html

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    What’s never talked about in these articles is that Smith/Lake know they would get their assholes gaped by their former employer every year.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Nobody young will want to coach the Beavers as they face massive program cuts to stem the red ink.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

Jonathan Smith, the Washington offensive coordinator, makes a lot of sense for the Beavers. Prodigal son returns home. Wonder if Smith as the head coach and offensive mind with Hall as his defensive coordinator would be a package Oregon State might like.

Then again, UW's Jimmy Lake might be the more intriguing combination with Smith. They've worked together and snatching them both from the Huskies would be a big blow to Chris Petersen's program. Lake is a terrific recruiter and has a "co-defensive coordinator" title even though he's really not. A $600,000 salary for Lake and some real responsibility might do it.

Biggest question about Smith to Oregon State isn't whether he'd leave Washington for OSU. Spent some time on Saturday in Seattle asking people around the program what Smith is like. To a person, they described him as introverted and a behind the scenes guy. Maybe that's just what you do when Chris Petersen is the head coach. Maybe it's a sign that Smith is a great coordinator with a great football mind... who might suffer from Mark Helfrich-like syndrome if he was elevated to head coach? Or not? Something to think on.

Husky Stadium basically sits on Lake Washington. Anyone who thinks kicking off a game there in November at 7 p.m. is a good idea needs to come sit with me in the open-air press box on deadline. I left the stadium around 1 a.m.

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2017/11/canzano_going_a-z_on_oregons_p.html

larry scott disagrees
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    I'm hearing Jonathan Smith has money problems, can anyone confirm?
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    haie said:

What’s never talked about in these articles is that Smith/Lake know they would get their assholes gaped by their former employer every year.

I just pray Petersen tells Smith that he's taking the job and Smith gets the hint.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Also - I believe strongly that Bob Gregory's time is now to return to DC in the Pac-12 and Oregon State with Smith as HC would be a PERFECT fit.

Paopao would also make a great OL coach for them.