Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pettis td was our Kenny Wheaton moment!

Comments

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Mosster47 said:

I see UW graduating NFL players and replacing them with decent college players, which is classic Peterman. They will be very well coached though.

Willie will be landing Top 10 caliber recruiting classes every year. If he can coach the series will be firmly back in Oregon's grasp in a couple years. If he can't coach we will be USC North in a couple years.

Either way, Chinteresting.

i hear florida calling, but the OL is pretty fucking good.
    If it weren't his first year and Florida actually did offer him I think he would take it. Personally I think it's easier to get to the playoffs from Eugene now than Gainsville. Nick and Kirby aren't going anywhere any time soon. You will have to basically beat both to get in while having to play Auburn or LSU on top of that. Oddly every Bama fan I've talked to has a ton of respect for Willie. I guess when he was at WKU they played Bama tough.

Eight of the ten man O-line rotation is back next year. The #1 JC tackle will fill one of the spots after this redshirt. It will continue to be the strength as RB will be a new adventure and the WR core will be freakishly athletic but freshman and sophomores.

You guys have an adventure of your own next year. Losing those two D-tackles and your punt returner/only deep threat are going to make it a much different team.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

I see UW graduating NFL players and replacing them with decent college players, which is classic Peterman. They will be very well coached though.

Willie will be landing Top 10 caliber recruiting classes every year. If he can coach the series will be firmly back in Oregon's grasp in a couple years. If he can't coach we will be USC North in a couple years.

If it weren't his first year and Florida actually did offer him I think he would take it. Personally I think it's easier to get to the playoffs from Eugene now than Gainsville. Nick and Kirby aren't going anywhere any time soon. You will have to basically beat both to get in while having to play Auburn or LSU on top of that. Oddly every Bama fan I've talked to has a ton of respect for Willie. I guess when he was at WKU they played Bama tough.

Eight of the ten man O-line rotation is back next year. The #1 JC tackle will fill one of the spots after this redshirt. It will continue to be the strength as RB will be a new adventure and the WR core will be freakishly athletic but freshman and sophomores.

You guys have an adventure of your own next year. Losing those two D-tackles and your punt returner/only deep threat are going to make it a much different team.
    out DL wont be as good as this year, but the DBs and LB are going to be fucking insane. Our D will probably will be still the best in the conference caz Kawasaki is a fucking genious. Depending on downsox's regression, offense could be decent looks like our OT are coming back for next year and we actually will have some depth in that position. The receivers we redshirted are actually talented and the TE are going to be on point
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

UW returns 8/10 (2-deep)OL next year. UW also returns 18/22 on a Championship defense.

All UW returning players have the expectation of beating Oregon based on experience.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,236
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    doogie said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

UW returns 8/10 (2-deep)OL next year. UW also returns 18/22 on a Championship defense.

All UW returning players have the expectation of beating Oregon based on experience.

Is that right? Does that assume those who can, will enter the draft? If so, that's a lot better than I would have guessed.
  • Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    haie said:

ntxduck said:

haie said:

Jk, we’re not a bunch of fucking losers.

Kill yourselves you community college pieces of shit.

Jesus christ man. Take this shit back to Dawgman. How fucking small is your dick?
    I’m 6’1 thin and don’t drive a lifted truck. I think I’m okay in that department. Thanks for the interest.
    Plus you rock one of these.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Counting on a JC OL to make an impact is foolish.

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Always quooking hard, even after being outclassed two straight years.
    Last year was getting your ass kicked by a better team. This year was Texas vs Bama when Colt went out on the 3rd play.

No one has a clue what would have happened. Oregon could run the ball against a stacked box. If Herbie plays the numbers in the box would have been even and every throw in the book would be on the table. We both lost close games in Tempe when healthy. It's very easy to see a tight game when both teams are healthy.

You guys won a game that was impossible to lose.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I thought we only won games because of John Ross?
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    In all honesty though our "Kenny wheaton moment" is fucking stupid. When you are traditionally the hammer you don't concern yourself with the nail. That shit is for losers.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Full blown AIDS thread..

One of these days doogs and quooks might realize that all their efforts to convince the other side that they're better, were better barring circumstances, or will be better next year after X player/s come back or have a year in the system, won't actually help the team win.

Nah probably not. Keep putting in the work Mosster. It can't hurt.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

In all honesty though our "Kenny wheaton moment" is fucking stupid. When you are traditionally the hammer you don't concern yourself with the nail. That shit is for losers.

Must be nice to be a huge doog.