Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Price or Tui?

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
edited October 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board

Price or Tui? 30 votes

Price
3%
TierbsHsotBoobs 1 vote
Tui
96%
MikeDamoneWedgwoodDawgFire_Marshall_BillcrowSwayeAlCzervikLevelParSoutherndawgchrisvashonRaccoonHarryDawgtonaRoadDawg55Mad_Son[Deleted User]TheKobeStopperCuntWaffle[Deleted User]dhdawggreenbloodDennis_DeYoung 29 votes

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Price
    Can I change my vote? Tui was awesome at coaching, defense, and special teams too.
  • Tui
    Can we bring back Harv? Road dawg has reverted back to his old habits.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Tui
    Wait - Price or Tui in respect to what?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Tui

Can we bring back Harv? Road dawg has reverted back to his old habits.

Good one. Sorry I don't buy your fucking group think that Price is a very good QB. I watch the fucking games. When he played well, I gave him credit and stood up for him. When he plays bad, I don't blame everyone but him. I've never said he was bad, just that he's not great. Like I said before, if Price is very good, than Taylor Kelly is fucking great, especially when you factor in his running.

• TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    Tui
    This was closer than I thought it would be. It made me think about when I first became a Husky fan. I didn't cheer for them when I was little. My whole family did but I was a little brat and a front runner so I rooted for Florida State. When they hired Rick I became interested. He was young and cool and I was 14 and it caught my interest. I remember watching them play BYU. I think UW was down a touchdown and Tui threw a pass to the end zone as time expired. He overthrew it and it went out the back of the end zone. As everyone was walking on to the field, I remember Rick ran to Tui. He grabbed him and he was saying something. I never knew what he said but it looked like what you would want your coach to say to you in that moment. That was when Husky football got me. And obviously the Rose Bowl season the next year was built to make life long fans.

I bring this up because I'm a believer in intangibles and immeasurables. If I had a drive to win a game and had to choose between Tony Romo and Tim Tebow, I would take Tim Tebow. And I fucking hate Tim Tebow. I believe in that shit. But maybe Rick brought that out in Tui with moments like the BYU one. Or at least allowed it to flourish. Price certianly has never bad a coach like that. Maybe that is in him but it hasn't been allowed out because of the fucking idiot head coach. I think we all have definitely seen flashes of it from him.

But in the end, I know that Tui had it and I don't know that Price does.
    Price
    Taylor Kelly might actually be great. ASU's defense is pretty fucking drecky. They've allowed 35 or more points in six out of seven losses the past two years.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    Tui
    I think Price is very good. But Tui was great at things that don't show up in passer rating (and I don't mean coaching, defense or special teams).
    edited October 2013
    Tui
    Road is wrong about Price but he's right about Tui.
  • Tui
    I've said Tui but it's a closer debate than he wants to acknowledge. To suggest Boobs is 14AFS for arguing Price is asine.

I've stated my case already in another thread.

This poll is IMALOSER bad.
    Tui

Can I change my vote? Tui was awesome at coaching, defense, and special teams too.

I don't think you remember the 2000 team very well.

You should have gone with "offensive line". That's the one thing the 2000 team had that was significantly better than anything Price has had. That team was incrementally better at defense, coaching and special teams, but far from great.

Price

This was closer than I thought it would be. It made me think about when I first became a Husky fan. I didn't cheer for them when I was little. My whole family did but I was a little brat and a front runner so I rooted for Florida State. When they hired Rick I became interested. He was young and cool and I was 14 and it caught my interest. I remember watching them play BYU. I think UW was down a touchdown and Tui threw a pass to the end zone as time expired. He overthrew it and it went out the back of the end zone. As everyone was walking on to the field, I remember Rick ran to Tui. He grabbed him and he was saying something. I never knew what he said but it looked like what you would want your coach to say to you in that moment. That was when Husky football got me. And obviously the Rose Bowl season the next year was built to make life long fans.

I bring this up because I'm a believer in intangibles and immeasurables. If I had a drive to win a game and had to choose between Tony Romo and Tim Tebow, I would take Tim Tebow. And I fucking hate Tim Tebow. I believe in that shit. But maybe Rick brought that out in Tui with moments like the BYU one. Or at least allowed it to flourish. Price certianly has never bad a coach like that. Maybe that is in him but it hasn't been allowed out because of the fucking idiot head coach. I think we all have definitely seen flashes of it from him.

Wait...TheKobeStopper isn't a Husky? Who knew? (I did). #HarvWasRight

— Harvey Road (@HarveyRoad) October 28, 2013

minion
  • Tui
    The funny thing is if Harv was back he'd actually be on Road Dawg's side as he always defends Tui and trashes on Price.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,378 Founders Club
    Tui
    Sven must be feeling lonely. 16 votes cast and only one for Price.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    Tui

Wait...TheKobeStopper isn't a Husky? Who knew? (I did). #HarvWasRight

— Harvey Road (@HarveyRoad) October 28, 2013

minion

HRYK.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    Tui
    I'm going to drop it after this post, but Price has become a HHB glory boy because we had to listen for years of hypocrisy of Hugh making every excuse in the book for Locker, but making Price a whipping boy. Same goes for Kim using badmouthing Price for propping up/ making excuses for Sark.

If they didn't do that, I don't think the Price love would be so great.
  • Tui
    Price also plays well and isn't a problem. Sark, Pool Boy, no OL, no DL, overrated WR's, piss poor special teams, too many penalties. All comes to mind on what is holding UW back.

The first four really stick out to me.
  • Tui

I'm going to drop it after this post, but Price has become a HHB glory boy because we had to listen for years of hypocrisy of Hugh making every excuse in the book for Locker, but making Price a whipping boy. Same goes for Kim using badmouthing Price for propping up/ making excuses for Sark.

If they didn't do that, I don't think the Price love would be so great.

Greggggggg Easterbrook, TRUE!?
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    This is potentially the most lopsided polls in the history of polls. Clearly your trolling for attention Roadie. Shut the fuck up and post something serious. I know you have it in you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2013
    Tui

This is potentially the most lopsided polls in the history of polls. Clearly your trolling for attention Roadie. Shut the fuck up and post something serious. I know you have it in you.

Disagree.