Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Some sad news on Tim Meamber

TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
Old fucks like me recall and revere Tim Meamber's enforcer presence on the exceptional '84 "Purple Reign" defense.

Meamber was also a notorious lunatic, on and off the field. Despite being an All Pac-10 linebacker, his NFL career was cut short by drug addiction. Unfortunately, he's continued to have a very troubled life after football. I vividly recall being crestfallen when he showed up on one of my dockets as a prosecutor in the late '90s. Stalin actually did a nice profile on Meamber around the time Sark was hired.

Anyway, today I learned Meamber has filed a lawsuit after getting swindled out of a settlement based on what sounds like a diagnosis of either CTE or Parkinson's disease:
Contract and unfair business practices. Plaintiff is a former NFL football player and qualified for a class action settlement regarding chronic traumatic encephalopathy and Parkinson's disease. Defendant offered "quick" and "easy" loans in exchange for plaintiff's settlement rights. Defendant falsely represented it was offering a "loan" and charged an exorbitant interest rate

Comments

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Watching old gaymes on YouTube he always stuck out. Hell of a player.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    Tim Meamber was one bad motherfucking white linebacker. I loved watching him smash people.

• longduckdonglongduckdong Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,024 Swaye's Wigwam
    I thought he was already dead?
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Tim Meamber was one of my heroes as a child. I love him unconditionally.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,682 Standard Supporter
    Did Rick Phinney offer to help him out?
  • TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

Did Rick Phinney Mark Brunell offer to help him out?

• BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    edited November 2017
    TommySQC said:

Did Rick Phinney Mark Brunell Dean Kirkland offer to help him out?

• AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,105 Swaye's Wigwam

Doesn't that kind of go against your hatred off all things white and linebacker
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,285 Founders Club
    TTJ said:

*Fenney

Tough SOB, great wrestler as well. Snohomish had it dialed up in those days.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Send him some money. You’re rich.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,005
    Dardanus said:

I ran into Tim Meamber at a grocery store in Seattle once. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
    He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
    I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
    The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
    When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

I was ready to be disappointed by this story, assuming he was a cock sucker, but then it got funny and I realized you met Fucked Up Tim Meamber, not the guy we? all remember.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    This post also serves as a nice reminder to what dipshits the LPT are. Notice that Fetters's name is now getting credit for Derek's story in @TTJ's link.