Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A Sankey Q

MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
edited October 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
I was thinking he reminds me of marshan lynch when he was at Cal or Polk in that he could carry the ball a ton of times and just keep getting big yards. But at 200ish pounds seems quite a but smaller than those two. Is he an every down NFL back to the point he goes high enough to leave this year?

Comments

• TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    Kid never gets hit square.....has a long life as far as NFL RBs go. Lacks top end speed but he will have a productive career.

Don't know shit about developing hips
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,378 Founders Club
    He's gone is he has any brains. I'm thinking 3rd rounder. Why would he stay to pound the rock 350 times for Sark in another monster 7-6 (8-6 with Hawaii) campaign?
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    top end speed was a knock by dawgfarm on Sankey when he was committed to WSU.

When he's outrunning CB's and Safeties for touchdowns, not so much.

I think he's going to do just fine in the league (it's what I like to call it)
  • The_UndertakerThe_Undertaker Member Posts: 521
    The guy he reminds me of the most in the NFL is Lesean McCoy. He is not as quick (McCoy is incredible), but he seems to get his yards the same way. Bishops number one asset is his vision. He just finds the best run there is and his quick change of directions take him to the hole he saw. I don't know if he can be an every down back in the NFL, not many people can. Regardless he should declare for his own interest. Whatever he does next season, I don't see how he could go higher. The tape is there, the NFL scouts know where to value him. It's not gonna change in a year from now, unless he gets injured...
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    I thought he looked pretty similar to tiki barber. Not a big back but never gets hit square and finds openings better than just about anyone. Should do fine. Running Backs should always go pro when they are a 3rd round pick or better.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    It seems like Polk was better at UW. Why is he struggling in the NFL. Seems like Polk would have a better chance at that level than Sankey.
  • The_UndertakerThe_Undertaker Member Posts: 521
    edited October 2013
    Polk was a beast, no doubt. I think he could be starting for a few teams in the NFL. The problem is his situation, which is a consequence of what happened at the draft.
    Also he is not the kind of guy who wows you automatically when he gets 5-10 touches. It's not where his value is. But yeah let's say he gets drafted where everyone had him before the draft, he would have been handed the starting job somewhere, and I don't think he was less talented than the guys who got this opportunity (Doug Martin comes to mind).
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

What a fucking waste Sankey has been this year. All-American season and we cant even break 7-8 fucking wins. What a pathetic OC Sark is. The guy couldnt average 35ppg if he had 5 star guys at every position.

I love this post more than Fatters loves Nachos.

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    Most mock drafts I have seen have Sankey in the top 2 running backs coming out with Seastrunk and a lot of have moved him in the #1 spot.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,332
    Does Sankey catch well? Being able to catch passes out of the backfield is a huge asset in today's NFL. I think Sankey could be a great NFL player, but he won't be a featured back. The Marshawn Lynch and Adrian Peterson's of the world are fading fast. The NFL now is switching to a dual back system. On one side you have a bruising back, and the other, a hybrid speed back that can catch from the backfield. I don't know if Sankey is big enough to be a bruiser, which is why I think he might be used well as a hybrid. Keep in mind, he ran away from Oregon's secondary, so the guy is fast enough.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,130 Founders Club

What a fucking waste Sankey has been this year. All-American season and we cant even break 7-8 fucking wins. What a pathetic OC Sark is. The guy couldnt average 35ppg if he had 5 star guys at every position.

I love this post more than Fatters loves Nachos.

That is allotta love right there.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited October 2013

Does Sankey catch well? Being able to catch passes out of the backfield is a huge asset in today's NFL. I think Sankey could be a great NFL player, but he won't be a featured back. The Marshawn Lynch and Adrian Peterson's of the world are fading fast. The NFL now is switching to a dual back system. On one side you have a bruising back, and the other, a hybrid speed back that can catch from the backfield. I don't know if Sankey is big enough to be a bruiser, which is why I think he might be used well as a hybrid. Keep in mind, he ran away from Oregon's secondary, so the guy is fast enough.

He's got at least decent hands. He's had a couple nice plays on the rare screen and a couple nice plays when he was Price's outlet. I don't know if his hands are great, but I think they are at least average. I think he can be an every down back that will be picked in the 2nd or 3rd round. It depends who drafts him.

CBS NFL Draft Scout has Sankey listed as the #1 RB in the 2014 draft. He is projected as a 1-2 rounder. #36 overall. I had no idea he was ranked that high.

he gone.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2014/RB
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Sankey has everything but top end speed, he has vision understanding of the blocking scheme, he can run through tackles, and he's incredibly tough and durable. I think 2nd-3rd round is about right
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,968 Swaye's Wigwam
    He has good hands. I think his only weakness in the hybrid role mentioned is his blocking, but maybe that role doesn't require much of it.

He needs to get the fuck out of Dodge. He can only hurt himself in the wallet by staying.

Polk is getting fucked being in Philadelphia, I think. There has to be a dozen or more teams that he could earn 15-20 more plays per game than he's getting. Problem is he has two guys, one who is very good and very explosive and one who has crazy measurables but is highly overrated, ahead of him.
  • He's gone and I think he was better than Polk. Polk was a stud but Sankey could bust off longer runs than Polk while still being able to grind out the tough yards.

Sankey is good out the backfield catching passes and is a good blocker. He is what you would call a "complete" back with no injury history.

He'll go in the top 2 rounds and he's as good as gone. He'll probably have a good NFL career something we haven't seen from our RB's other than Dillon.

I think he's the 2nd best back we've had other than Dillon in the last 30 years. Yes I would take him over Nip(or is it Nap?).
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,120 Founders Club
    I've always been impressed by Sankey's ability to pick out running lanes, even with our shitshow of an OL. I think they call that vision or something.