Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What I am hearing: this is Sark year 1

You can't expect to do better than 7-6 in your first year running a completely new and very complicated offense.

The clock was reset in August. It's as if we've hired a fresh new coach.

Oregon didn't become Oregon overnight. Let it play out.

Sark needs at least 2 more years to work out the kinks. Year 3 will be crisp.

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Next year is the real year one. UW finally has a QB capable of running the new and very complicated offense.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,662 Founders Club

The "Oregon did not become Oregon overnight" thing cracks me up because they literally did become the ream they are now overnight. It was the night they hired Chip. Before that they had put together a string of solid years with a couple really good ones but they became a national power by hiring a coach

With the right coaching staff and a few players/ better developed players, the Huskies can win 10-11 fairly easily in the next few years.... that would just be the average.

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,968 Swaye's Wigwam
    If you don't recognize the damage done by 7-6 then Kim can't help you.
  • JECARJECAR Member Posts: 585
    I'm in the "fuck Sark" camp.

But if people think that "Wilcox will be a great head coach because he's serious on the sidelines and doesn't talk to anyone during the game" or "Mora is the man because he gets pissed off during press conferences" as the rationale for hiring either of them...then we are in deep shit. I like Mora, but I'm waiting to pass final judgement until further results are available.
    JECAR said:

I'm in the "fuck Sark" camp.

But if people think that "Wilcox will be a great head coach because he's serious on the sidelines and doesn't talk to anyone during the game" or "Mora is the man because he gets pissed off during press conferences" as the rationale for hiring either of them...then we are in deep shit. I like Mora, but I'm waiting to pass final judgement until further results are available.

The argument for Wilcox has faded but it was a combo of factors: 1) He seems like a serious guy who would live in his office and bust his ass 365 days a year, 2) He's a defense first guy who would be willing to hand the reins of the offense over to a real offensive coordinator (this reflects the scars of watching our head coach struggle as his own OC for five years), 3) He could probably hang onto his entire defensive staff which would make for a smooth transition and probably a bump in recruiting especially where it really matters (linemen).

If you haven't noticed, Mora recruits like a fucking maniac and surrounds himself with badass coaches. You have to be blind or stupid not to see the monster that's building at UCLA.
    Yeah, I've noticed. Did you noticed he got his dick stomped in the dirt the past two weeks? Or that he lost three in a row last year?

I'm not saying he can't recruit. I'm saying that I want to see what he does the rest of the season before I pass judgement. Or in other words...LIFPO.
    JECAR said:

Yeah, I've noticed. Did you noticed he got his dick stomped in the dirt the past two weeks? Or that he lost three in a row last year?

I'm not saying he can't recruit. I'm saying that I want to see what he does the rest of the season before I pass judgement. Or in other words...LIFPO.

Let's talk after UW plays UCLA. Then let's talk again in February after Mora takes his pick of the recruits that UW is "right in the mix for".

This is all talk until we LIFPO but I have a pretty solid idea of how that will happen. History is on my side.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I agree with Chuck about Mora building a bad ass program at UCLA, and I think it will happen in a year or two, but getting pumped about his interviews and press conferences is very doogish.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,107 Founders Club
    So we need to check with you before we link anything. That straw man has been raped more than a visitor to Auzen. Link where someone said that's the reason to hire him or shut the fuck up
    Do you read Doogman? It's a pathetic train of fucking retards justifying why to hire someone.

No shit Mora is going to crush the fag. But crushing a fag like Sark doesn't mean shit. Because I'm not jumping on the Mora bandwagon yet means I need a history lesson? Fuck that. How about cautiously optimistic?
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

So we need to check with you before we link anything. That straw man has been raped more than a visitor to Auzen. Link where someone said that's the reason to hire him or shut the fuck up

I don't know if that was in response to me, but I don't care what you link. It's just very doogish wo get excited over press conferences, interviews, and alumni donating a million to the program. I relate it to when doogs talked about how, "Sark gets it" when Sark would talk about how great The University of Washington was and how he wants to play a physical brand of football because he remembered getting sacked 8 times when playing here, and he knows what the fans like.

Anyone can talk tough at a press conference. Not everyone can back it up.

JECAR said:

Do you read Doogman? It's a pathetic train of fucking retards justifying why to hire someone.

No shit Mora is going to crush the fag. But crushing a fag like Sark doesn't mean shit. Because I'm not jumping on the Mora bandwagon yet means I need a history lesson? Fuck that. How about cautiously optimistic?

Yeah I read it but I'm about to stop. Every minute I spend there sets my goal to be an intelligent, free thinking adult back by about a month.

I get what you're saying. Mora hasn't beaten Oregon or Stanford yet. There aren't many sure things out there though. We either need to hire Nick Saban or Jim Harbaugh or we need to go with the art of projecting. Right now, having watched Mora build that program for two seasons, I'm projecting very good things. His upside, in my opinion, is greater than or equal to where Oregon is right now, while his downside is right where he's at...somewhere between Sark and Oregon. I don't think that's a bad risk. It's much less risky than any of the realistic alternatives I've seen presented.
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    which is hilarious. There is nothing complicated about our offense. There is definitely nothing complicated about Oregon's offense. Part of the beauty is it's simplicity.

• TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    JECAR said:

Huh? Either you can see it or you can't. Who can't see a shitty coach after he's coached a few years? Fuck....everyone but S14FS saw Tyrone was shit after '07.

chuck said:

JECAR said:

Yeah I read it but I'm about to stop. Every minute I spend there sets my goal to be an intelligent, free thinking adult back by about a month.

I get what you're saying. Mora hasn't beaten Oregon or Stanford yet. There aren't many sure things out there though. We either need to hire Nick Saban or Jim Harbaugh or we need to go with the art of projecting. Right now, having watched Mora build that program for two seasons, I'm projecting very good things. His upside, in my opinion, is greater than or equal to where Oregon is right now, while his downside is right where he's at...somewhere between Sark and Oregon. I don't think that's a bad risk. It's much less risky than any of the realistic alternatives I've seen presented.
    I actually think he's better than faggot ass Sark...by a lot. But he still hasn't beaten Shaw or Oregon, which is what I'm looking for. And unfortunately, it looks like we will have to project again. With Poolboy at the helm, we are fucked...
    TommySQC said:

JECAR said:

Huh? Either you can see it or you can't. Who can't see a shitty coach after he's coached a few years? Fuck....everyone but S14FS saw Tyrone was shit after '07.

So you want to use "a few years" as your metric? If that's the case, Sark sucks dick and Mora us wait and see...