Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mora Interview

90sHuskyFan90sHuskyFan Member Posts: 215
edited October 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
Not sure how many people have seen the full interview but here it is from after the UCLA-Oregon game. Huge contrasts when compared to how Sark conducts his interviews after losses.

insidesocal.com/ucla/2013/10/26/oregon-42-ucla-14-jim-mora/

Comments

• Why I like Mora is he isn't afraid to put heat on himself. He wants to win, he's not a politician.

Mora could easily play up the process, year two, etc and he'd be justified. Instead by talking big he's making himself a target.

Sark in year five is still talking about the "process", 0-12, trust issues, "We are a better team than that", etc.

One guy wants to win, the other guy wants to be a politician and keep his job forever going 7-6.
  • 90sHuskyFan90sHuskyFan Member Posts: 215
    Sorry about that. The link works now.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    This Wang guy puts some nice videos together
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

This Wang guy puts some nice videos together

nttawwt

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Not quite sold on Mora. UCLA is 5-5 in their last ten games

Lost three times to Stanford and once to Oregon and Baylor. Excluding the Stanford rematch last year where they lost by three points, the other four losses averaged a 27 point margin of defeat. Yikes.

That being said, he's got a hard-nosed approach to the game which I appreciate, and at least so far, doesn't spout a bunch of double-talk bullshit like I hear from Sark all too often. Other than Barr, Datone Jones and Hundley he didn't inherit a lot of talent (and he was responsible for moving Barr to defense). I think they started 3 freshman on the OL last week- anybody else doing that? Will he get the Bruins into the top 10 consistently? I don't know but I like the start he's made and the expectations he brings to the program.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Like Race has said, we'll know a lot more about Mora after next year. But according to Sagarin #s (hat tip to @dnc) Mora has improved UCLA considerably. These first two years they are much better than the last 4.

08: 86
    09: 51
    10: 63
    11: 70
    Mora hired
    12: 30
    13: 17
  • Like Race has said, we'll know a lot more about Mora after next year. But according to Sagarin #s (hat tip to @dnc) Mora has improved UCLA considerably. These first two years they are much better than the last 4.

08: 86
    09: 51
    10: 63
    11: 70
    Mora hired
    12: 30
    13: 17

I love to use Sargarin #s because it shows how Sark's first four years were very comparable to Ty's 2006 and 2007.

Doogs hate it when I bring it up.