Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A query for our Noble Savage

2»

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,948 Founders Club

So @Swaye being that the UCLA game is Homecoming, I have the opportunity to be down on the field waiving my wool Big W blanket as our Dwags run out of the tunnel. All that being said - along with Jake Browning sucking - do you feel wool blankets are a symbol of oppression/genocide and therefore a micro aggression that should be discontinued? Asking for myself and some frens.

It used to be confined to football lettermen. We could identify them from the stands. I guess I don't care if Crew is there but in a true confession that will not be popular, when the chicks started going out there with their blankets I thought they should just close the fucking thing down
    ISAFNSC!

In all seriousness, if it was a football letterman only tradition it should’ve stayed as such.
    Hurtful. Now I'm triggered.
    I like crew. Just about went out for it myself until I learned practices were at the crack of dawn.

That all being said Jake Browning sucks crew’s main purpose at football games is to form the oar tunnel for Husky Legends and show off their latest natty trophy.
    Rowing is the "Rudy" of the Olympic sorts at UW in terms of how they do all they can to help football be better. Football uses our boathouse for nutritious meals in a scenic setting and our docks to take sweet twitter pics of teen boi recruits. Hell even the PA guy who welcomed us to Husky Stadium all those years with "Hello Dwag Fans" was a rower. So Coach Pete should let us on the field once a year with our blankies. Fuck the other teams though.
    I was a PM on the new Crew House earlier this century. I ran into Isaiah Stanback which was a highlight.
    TYFYS.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

So @Swaye being that the UCLA game is Homecoming, I have the opportunity to be down on the field waiving my wool Big W blanket as our Dwags run out of the tunnel. All that being said - along with Jake Browning sucking - do you feel wool blankets are a symbol of oppression/genocide and therefore a micro aggression that should be discontinued? Asking for myself and some frens.

It used to be confined to football lettermen. We could identify them from the stands. I guess I don't care if Crew is there but in a true confession that will not be popular, when the chicks started going out there with their blankets I thought they should just close the fucking thing down
    ISAFNSC!

In all seriousness, if it was a football letterman only tradition it should’ve stayed as such.
    I like crew. Just about went out for it myself until I learned practices were at the crack of dawn.

That all being said Jake Browning sucks crew’s main purpose at football games is to form the oar tunnel for Husky Legends and show off their latest natty trophy.
    Rowing is the "Rudy" of the Olympic sorts at UW in terms of how they do all they can to help football be better. Football uses our boathouse for nutritious meals in a scenic setting and our docks to take sweet twitter pics of teen boi recruits. Hell even the PA guy who welcomed us to Husky Stadium all those years with "Hello Dwag Fans" was a rower. So Coach Pete should let us on the field once a year with our blankies. Fuck the other teams though.
    Meanwhilst, football funds it all.
    Only 81% from football. I just looked at the 2017 financial report for Crew. The rest is from a $12 million private endowment.
    Typical

ISAFNSC!

Only 81% from football. I just looked at the 2017 financial report for Crew. The rest is from a $12 million private endowment.
    If they'd just let a couple football players deal coke from the crew house like the old days, that private 'endowment' would be a helluva lot larger.
    Well known was the lore of the 80's UW crews doing lines off the gunwales of the racing shells in the old Shellhouse. We were a bunch of church school guys by the 90's just drinking cold beer and having the occasional Kodiak dip.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,093 Swaye's Wigwam
    Hey @YellowSnow, do me a favor and wave towards section 103 when you are out there on the field. I like to be able to put faces with poasters. I'll be looking for the yellow guy who looks like Dweezil Zappa's dad.

(I won't actually be in Section 103. I'll be in the Zone sucking down my 4th Purple Haze, but it'd still be a cool move on your part)
    Alexis said:

Hey @YellowSnow, do me a favor and wave towards section 103 when you are out there on the field. I like to be able to put faces with poasters. I'll be looking for the yellow guy who looks like Dweezil Zappa's dad.

(I won't actually be in Section 103. I'll be in the Zone sucking down my 4th Purple Haze, but it'd still be a cool move on your part)

If I had some more balls like @89ute, I'd put the Hardcore Husky logo on my blanket. Alas, it's lot easier to be an anonymous half brain in SaltaLake City than Seattle.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,093 Swaye's Wigwam

Alexis said:

If I had some more balls like @89ute, I'd put the Hardcore Husky logo on my blanket. Alas, it's lot easier to be an anonymous half brain in SaltaLake City than Seattle.
    This shithole has a logo? front page? Who knew?

ISAFNSC!

Typical
    In the rich, old white guy sense? They do love them row boat. Unfortunately, the YellowSnow Family Foundation isn't too well funded, and our contributions get gobbled up with nose-bleed, non Tyee season tickets.