Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Somebody needs to send Mike an invite
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,029
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Mike needs an invite. He's also correct.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

AZDuck said:

Fuck that guy.

My experience with politics in the military is nobody talks about politics in the military. I've had more than a few really old-school commanders who wouldn't even register to vote because they felt so strongly about the separation of civil and military authority.

Generally, I don't talk politics in the shop but I've never hidden mine if the subject comes up. And nobody ever gave me shit about it one way or the other, other than good natured "you commie fag" sort of thing.

I also don't expect civilian politicians who haven't served to understand the military or its peculiar lifestyle.

I've also spent lots of time working with 1/1 SFG, was an enlisted Joe in a "tip of the spear" element, and was part of a deployed infantry BCT. And you know what? Those guys don't really talk politics.

Also, their supply sergeants and support personnel are part of the fucking team and nobody treats them any differently because they aren't long tabbed. Because the fucking insurgents don't give a fuck if the lawyer in the back seat is long tabbed. The blast overpressure from the fucking IED doesn't really give a fuck either. And because of the nature of the missions we are doing in SW Asia, the lawyers and supply sergeants go outside the wire all the fucking time.

And unlike this fuckhead, I've actually prosecuted violations of Article 134 (Wearing unauthorized insignia, etc.

"Mike Simpson has served over three decades in the military as an Airborne Ranger, a Special Forces Operator and as a Doctor of Emergency Medicine assigned to the Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC)."

(1) Most guys I know from that community take a certain pride in being a "quiet professional," and if they don't have to tell you what they do, they usually don't. Also, (2) most SF guys aren't real big on being in the Regiment.

Oh, and JSOC is about as "in the rear with the gear" as you can get. It is a 4-star command headquarters. The people there are super-smart, and the vast majority of them are former operators. But they are also out of the game, for the most part.

This. Look, the vast majority of the people I flew with all those years were conservative. But guess what? Nobody gives a fuck and hardly anyone ever talks about it at all. Mission days are too long, stressful and hard to waste valuable brain synapses worrying about what any fucking tool currently occupying the White House thinks. Brief missions, kill terrorists, refuel, land, debrief, sit alert 10 fighter, sleep, eat, shit, jerk off, repeat. Got no time for discussing when the Congress are going to stop being a bunch of no account assholes.
    Maybe he retired and has more time on his hands.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

AZDuck said:

Fuck that guy.

My experience with politics in the military is nobody talks about politics in the military. I've had more than a few really old-school commanders who wouldn't even register to vote because they felt so strongly about the separation of civil and military authority.

Generally, I don't talk politics in the shop but I've never hidden mine if the subject comes up. And nobody ever gave me shit about it one way or the other, other than good natured "you commie fag" sort of thing.

I also don't expect civilian politicians who haven't served to understand the military or its peculiar lifestyle.

I've also spent lots of time working with 1/1 SFG, was an enlisted Joe in a "tip of the spear" element, and was part of a deployed infantry BCT. And you know what? Those guys don't really talk politics.

Also, their supply sergeants and support personnel are part of the fucking team and nobody treats them any differently because they aren't long tabbed. Because the fucking insurgents don't give a fuck if the lawyer in the back seat is long tabbed. The blast overpressure from the fucking IED doesn't really give a fuck either. And because of the nature of the missions we are doing in SW Asia, the lawyers and supply sergeants go outside the wire all the fucking time.

And unlike this fuckhead, I've actually prosecuted violations of Article 134 (Wearing unauthorized insignia, etc.

"Mike Simpson has served over three decades in the military as an Airborne Ranger, a Special Forces Operator and as a Doctor of Emergency Medicine assigned to the Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC)."

(1) Most guys I know from that community take a certain pride in being a "quiet professional," and if they don't have to tell you what they do, they usually don't. Also, (2) most SF guys aren't real big on being in the Regiment.

Oh, and JSOC is about as "in the rear with the gear" as you can get. It is a 4-star command headquarters. The people there are super-smart, and the vast majority of them are former operators. But they are also out of the game, for the most part.

Someone got triggered

So you're in supply? TYFYS
    Like SGT La David Coleman? No, I'm not a badass like he was.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    So basically this worthless fucking thread is just more doogie faggotry?

Shocking.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    edited October 2017
    Don’t sell yourself so short. Your contributions are 2 of the first replies.

I didn’t write the letter, or the title. Just brought it here for discussion being that it’s such a timely topic and all
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    doogie said:

I didn’t write the letter, or the title. Just brought it here for discussion being that it’s such a timely topic and all

@CollegeDoog, true?!>??!!?!111/!???
  • Options
    "And nobody ever gave me shit about it one way or the other, other than good natured "you commie fag" sort of thing".

Seems to be a widely held opinion.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    doogie said:

You sound butthurt.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,948
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    doogie said:

Somebody needs to send Mike some Midol

fixxed
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    AZDuck said:

Fuck that guy.

I DR TL shit from commie fags.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,946
    I chuckle at this supposed distinction between politicians and military men.

They're both in it for hookers and blow.