Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Poolboy frustrated with late start times

http://seattletimes.com/html/huskyfootball/2022132284_uwfootballnotes27xml.html

“It’s tough on our fans. I don’t know what we’re going to do, but it will be addressed and talked about (before) the next television contract.

The current ESPN & FOX contract is 12 years, ending in 2023.

Am I reading this right? Does this mean he thinks he'll still be here to negotiate the next one?

Comments

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    the advertising ring is becoming unbearable on tv too.
  • fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,212
    That was my complaint at game 1 ... That fucking digital band is hard on my eyes... And it wreaks of money whoredom ...

... Good to know he's all over the start times... When I'm in my 50's that will be a relief...

• CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,478 Swaye's Wigwam
    Right after the Boise St. game, people went to Doogman to bitch (rightfully so) about what was fucked up and/or needing to be improved. The biggest complaint was the length of concession lines.

Immediately, Phil Bleenor took like a white fucking knight to Castle Woodward and defended the dreckfest. He went on and on about how much he enjoyed his concessions in Club Husky. He must have named off a dozen fucking plates of food, snacks, and other goodies.

Only one Doog in the whole lot called Bleenor on it. His retort was something like, "It was the first game. Did you really buy and eat all of that? It must have cost you close to $200."

The post sat there for a good few hours with not one reply from Bleenor. But Bleenor had plenty of time to reply to other topics on the doogfest.

Mysteriously, the post was deleted before Bleenor could respond to it.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    i finally figured it out. the shittier the dawg program the more important Bleenor is to Woodward since fewer other big boosters exist... bleenor is seriously just in this for himself!
  • Meek said:

i finally figured it out. the shittier the dawg program the more important Bleenor is to Woodward since fewer other big boosters exist... bleenor is seriously just in this for himself!

That's obvious. He HATED the Sark hire, threw a huge fucking fit. Then after Sark let him be buddies to the program he defends Sark.

Race said it best, Fleens is crack to the Doogs. Biggest enabler of mediocrity there is.
  • BiggusDickusBiggusDickus Member Posts: 553
    Something I noticed watching the Quooks play UCLA... they have ads in the endzones only, and their jumbotron seems to play a lot of game highlights and not so much smile cam. Also, other than "Shout" between 3Q and 4Q, no piped in music over the PA. You could actually hear the band on TV. And the crowd noise. Lots of crowd noise.

Fuck.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Butler Cabin is a mouthpiece ... plain and simple.

He's got to be around the "big shots" and can't just sit back and just watch what is going on.

• Something I noticed watching the Quooks play UCLA... they have ads in the endzones only, and their jumbotron seems to play a lot of game highlights and not so much smile cam. Also, other than "Shout" between 3Q and 4Q, no piped in music over the PA. You could actually hear the band on TV. And the crowd noise. Lots of crowd noise.

Fuck.

During the UW game coming back from break I never heard the band and heard them playing music over the PA. It's no longer a college game at all.

Going to games due to the product and the Marinerization they have done to that stadium is why I won't be going to games for a long time.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Something I noticed watching the Quooks play UCLA... they have ads in the endzones only, and their jumbotron seems to play a lot of game highlights and not so much smile cam. Also, other than "Shout" between 3Q and 4Q, no piped in music over the PA. You could actually hear the band on TV. And the crowd noise. Lots of crowd noise.

Fuck.

During the UW game coming back from break I never heard the band and heard them playing music over the PA. It's no longer a college game at all.

Going to games due to the product and the Marinerization they have done to that stadium is why I won't be going to games for a long time.
    I always thought the band was kind of gay ($75,000) and they have sucked for years, so I don't mind them getting phased out, but the Marinerization aspect has me no longer interested in going to games. I have had a couple opportunities to go to games this year, but chose not to because it's no fun to travel and spend a weekend to watch mediocre football when I can watch it at home.

I will be back for the Apple Cup, but won't be attending that game either. I don't give a fuck about all the amenities of the new stadium or how nice it is acceptable to be 7-6. The new stadium is just polishing a turd.

• unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    I always thought the band was kind of gay and they have sucked for years, so I don't mind them getting phased out

Tha fuck? Wow
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,798
    Which will happen first: Pac-12 re-negotiates TV contract to curb the number of night games? Or Pool Boy and Seven lead UW to an appearance in the Pac-12 cash game?

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    TTJ said:

Which will happen first: Pac-12 re-negotiates TV contract to curb the number of night games? Or Pool Boy and Seven lead UW to an appearance in the Pac-12 cash game?

What's the opposite of abundance?
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,130 Founders Club
    That photo is caption contest material.
  • That photo is caption contest material.

It's seriously night and day with James/Lude compared this shit show.