Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Show your support for what this community means to you:

Choose a Donation Amount
Username (required for credit)

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. If you dare criticize Jimmy Lake, you won't last long.

Clark Phillips, 2020 5* DB, La Habra, CA (OFFERED 10/20/17)

13»

Comments

• HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Posts: 8,257
    5000 Comments 250 Answers Sixth Anniversary 500 Awesomes

NEsnake12 said:

Harbaugh won’t win one before Pete. Fuck Harbaugh. Absolutely, totally fuck him. Arrogant, underachieving fuck.

I doubt either wins one.
    With Urban’s (probably temporary) retirement, are only 4 active coaches who’ve won natties. Saban, Dabo, Jimbo, and Les (lol). It’s definitely more likely that any other coach doen’t win one than does.

Riley and Smart probably has the best shot at winning one, and then the next tier would be Pete/Herman/Harbaugh/Mullen
    Lincoln Riley will never win a NC. His defenses are trash and he doesn't care enough to change it. He also to me comes across as a average in game coach. I think he leaves for the NFL in the next 2-3 years.
    AGREE
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Posts: 2,952
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes

NEsnake12 said:

Harbaugh won’t win one before Pete. Fuck Harbaugh. Absolutely, totally fuck him. Arrogant, underachieving fuck.

I doubt either wins one.
    With Urban’s (probably temporary) retirement, are only 4 active coaches who’ve won natties. Saban, Dabo, Jimbo, and Les (lol). It’s definitely more likely that any other coach doen’t win one than does.

Riley and Smart probably has the best shot at winning one, and then the next tier would be Pete/Herman/Harbaugh/Mullen
    Lincoln Riley will never win a NC. His defenses are trash and he doesn't care enough to change it. He also to me comes across as a average in game coach. I think he leaves for the NFL in the next 2-3 years.
    You can't say any coach at Oklahoma will never win a NC. Especially when that coach has identifiable strengths and just got to the playoff.
    HillsboroDuck
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Posts: 20,313
    10000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 250 Answers 500 Awesomes

NEsnake12 said:

I doubt either wins one.

You can't say any coach at Oklahoma will never win a NC. Especially when that coach has identifiable strengths and just got to the playoff.
    Good point, but I think they have a good chance at falling off with Hurts this year. The defense will still be bad and Mayfield and Murray aren’t walking through the door.
    HillsboroDuckbackthepackhaie
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Posts: 239
    500 Awesomes 250 Up Votes 100 Comments Second Anniversary

NEsnake12 said:

I doubt either wins one.

To be fair, they did just go out and get Alex Grinch. Their D will improve because of Grinch and because it's pretty hard not to.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Posts: 8,257
    5000 Comments 250 Answers Sixth Anniversary 500 Awesomes

NEsnake12 said:

I doubt either wins one.

To be fair, they did just go out and get Alex Grinch. Their D will improve because of Grinch and because it's pretty hard not to.
    Once they officially bring in Grinch's good fren Kwatkowski to coach LB's they're going to be unstoppable IMO.

GrundleStiltzkinbackthepack
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Posts: 2,645
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Up Votes 500 Awesomes

NEsnake12 said:

I doubt either wins one.

This is sarcasm, right?
    HillsboroDuckGrundleStiltzkin
  • StrongArmCobraStrongArmCobra Posts: 2,844
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Up Votes 500 Awesomes
    edited April 14
    That's fine. He's shorter than ideal. Darnay Holmes kind of guy. It could have been mutual or Jimmy just going in a different direction.