Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mykael Wright, 2019 4* DB, Valencia, CA (QUOOK)

Comments

• Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Mosster47 said:

I like a strong secondary as much as the next guy but I can't believe all these DB's are committing.

Graham and Commodore 64 are sophomores who are both NFL players so no one is passing them up. McKinley came in during the spring and blew everyone's nips off and basically cemented himself as the #3 corner.

Pickett and Breeze are also sophomores and Stevens and the other big time kid are going to be freshman. Leavitt likes to use 6 DB's in passing situations but that's still not much PT.

There will be some serious transfers in the near future but I guess that is what big time football is about.

You know what they say..."Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
    Are we imitating a team that can't match up athletically with good teams? I d

UW has become Texas under Mack Brown, minus the Vince Young.

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

I like a strong secondary as much as the next guy but I can't believe all these DB's are committing.

Graham and Commodore 64 are sophomores who are both NFL players so no one is passing them up. McKinley came in during the spring and blew everyone's nips off and basically cemented himself as the #3 corner.

Pickett and Breeze are also sophomores and Stevens and the other big time kid are going to be freshman. Leavitt likes to use 6 DB's in passing situations but that's still not much PT.

There will be some serious transfers in the near future but I guess that is what big time football is about.

You know what they say..."Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
    I'll take it. The rumor is Chris Steele is a lock also making three big time CB's and one kid that's probably way better than anyone is giving him credit in one class.

I'm legitimately excited for what the rivalry is shaping up to become. Pat HadenFS is keeping USC under performing so recruiting for both schools is extremely good.
    Too bad you need coaching to win games, too.
    This comeback is pure hope more than anything. Leavitt has proven for decades he can coach. Mario has been a pretty successful line coach and mostly overachieved in his prior HC gig. The position coaches have a very good track record besides Cort, but he is more helping out than running a group. Feld was brought up through Bama & Georgia so there is a small chance he does a bad job with the S&C program.

In a few years we can check back in on this.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    I can’t comment on cristobal’s coaching, but the dude can recruit. He might be better at it than Taggart, which is saying a lot.
  • CIgarBoxGuitaristCIgarBoxGuitarist Member Posts: 16
    5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic
    This answers the “recruited or developed” question... the top level talent want to play the recruiting game, generally speaking. A genuine movement is occurring South and if we don’t change our approach, we will be stuck developing instead of winning...
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Until their secondary proves otherwise, I don’t give a flying fuck about their crootin’.

I remember this touted prospect getting buttfucked by John Ross two years ago. Fucked so hard his butthole bled for days and he was moved to wide receiver in 2017 and had one catch all year.

Ross single handedly ruined this dudes life and I look forward to Jordan Chin Marquis Spiker (hehe Fuuuuuuuuck yes) and Taj Davis Austin Osborne (no Ngata, sorry BRB YO) doing the same to these half idiots.

Fixed, though I think Taj will be awesome too. I just had to cross him out so I could fit Ozzy in.

And fuck you, I know you're likely right about Ngata but I won't accept it.
  • CIgarBoxGuitaristCIgarBoxGuitarist Member Posts: 16
    5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic
    The “We don’t have to recruit because we are Washington and a Washington offer means something” doesn’t fly nor resonate too well with the upper eschelon of recruits who really need the affirmation from colleges, coaches, tweets, and offers. Why are we still leaving local guys to be offered by everyone but us? Even that small step can reap dividends... but no, we’re Washington.
  • GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited June 2018
    Listen, some of these recruits just need the gloryhole treatment to feel loved. Peterman just isn’t going to allow his office walls to be tampered with.

Deal with it.

Until their secondary proves otherwise, I don’t give a flying fuck about their crootin’.

I remember this touted prospect getting buttfucked by John Ross two years ago. Fucked so hard his butthole bled for days and he was moved to wide receiver in 2017 and had one catch all year.

Ross single handedly ruined this dudes life and I look forward to Jordan Chin (hehe) and Taj Davis (no Ngata, sorry) doing the same to these half idiots.

Cool, the Ducks have two NFL players at corner with a possible third that will be a freshman and two more coming in next year.

You do realize that good football programs replace under performing coaches and players almost instantly, right?
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Mosster47 said:

Ross single handedly ruined this dudes life and I look forward to Jordan Chin (hehe) and Taj Davis (no Ngata, sorry) doing the same to these half idiots.

Cool, the Ducks have two NFL players at corner with a possible third that will be a freshman and two more coming in next year.

You do realize that good football programs replace under performing coaches and players almost instantly, right?
    Have they made the NFL yet?
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

I can’t comment on cristobal’s coaching, but the dude can recruit. He might be better at it than Taggart, which is saying a lot.

Mosster47 said:

You should never procreate.
    animate said:

Mosster47 said:

Have they made the NFL yet?
    Essentially yes. They were both All-American high school players, had very high SPARQ scores which means they will combine well, and will both make an All-Conference team before they leave.

Other than Sling's one year with his own players pretty much every Oregon DB plays in the NFL unless they get a DUI right after mini-camp and talk shit to the cops.
This discussion has been closed.