Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Wilcox?

2»

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    tracker said:

tracker said:

This is the basic problem. . .too much hype when Sark came in, too much hype when Wilcox came in. Sark clearly is not the answer. Given what the program had gone through with TW, Sark was a big gamble that hasn't, nor in my opinion, will pay-off. Wilcox remains a bit of a mystery as a DC, or future HC. He's had some good games and some poor games.

My best case scenario would have been to lose to California yesterday, Sark gets fired, Wilcox is promoted to interim HC and we get to see if he's got what it takes to move the program to a much higher level.

While that was going on we could have put out the message we were looking for a top-tier HC. Now we have to just keep going week by week with Seven. I hate this.
    Fuck.

You never make a possible candidate the interim head coach. Then you are stuck with him like UW was with Lambo and Gilby.

That only happens if you have a weak AD. In a perfect world Young cans SW at the same time, too.

adjective: interim

1. in or for the intervening period; provisional or temporary.
    "an interim arrangement"
    synonyms: provisional, temporary, pro tem, stopgap, short-term, fill-in, caretaker, acting, transitional, makeshift, improvised, impromptu More
    "an interim advisory body"
    antonyms: permanent
    Brit.
    relating to less than a full year's business activity.
    "an interim dividend"

That's why you make Cozzetto the interim HC. It's not a job audition opportunity.
  • trackertracker Member Posts: 866

tracker said:

tracker said:

This is the basic problem. . .too much hype when Sark came in, too much hype when Wilcox came in. Sark clearly is not the answer. Given what the program had gone through with TW, Sark was a big gamble that hasn't, nor in my opinion, will pay-off. Wilcox remains a bit of a mystery as a DC, or future HC. He's had some good games and some poor games.

My best case scenario would have been to lose to California yesterday, Sark gets fired, Wilcox is promoted to interim HC and we get to see if he's got what it takes to move the program to a much higher level.

While that was going on we could have put out the message we were looking for a top-tier HC. Now we have to just keep going week by week with Seven. I hate this.
    Fuck.

You never make a possible candidate the interim head coach. Then you are stuck with him like UW was with Lambo and Gilby.

That only happens if you have a weak AD. In a perfect world Young cans SW at the same time, too.

"an interim arrangement"
    synonyms: provisional, temporary, pro tem, stopgap, short-term, fill-in, caretaker, acting, transitional, makeshift, improvised, impromptu More
    Brit.
    "an interim dividend"

That's why you make Cozzetto the interim HC. It's not a job audition opportunity.

Why do you hate the Huskies?
  • tracker said:

tracker said:

Fuck.

"an interim arrangement"
    Brit.
    "an interim dividend"

I stopped reading after that since UW does have a weak AD. Young is asleep at the wheel so Pool Boy isn't going anywhere.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    chuck said:

Assistant coaches under a bad to average head coach have a low ceiling. I still think Wilcox is a great DC but he needs to get the fuck out from under skippy or it's going to set his career trajectory back about five years for every one spent here.

Horrible head coach, even worse offensive coordinator affects defensive play.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

Better than average. Might be really good if he worked for a REAL head coach.

If Justin worked for Saban, it wouldn't surprise me to see him be the best DC in the game. He has massively improved our D. Also, it's important with last night's score to remember that when we're looking at JW2 vs. NH2 that the last 7 points were given up by 2s... NHs Ds gave up points with 1s in the game.

I don't think JW is perfect, but I think he's damn good. I think Sark is the problem... if JW weren't hired last year and we'd had Holt again, CSS would've been fucked.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    He fits well with everything from the AD on down. Mediocre.
  • trackertracker Member Posts: 866

tracker said:

tracker said:

Fuck.

"an interim arrangement"
    Brit.
    "an interim dividend"

I stopped reading after that since UW does have a weak AD. Young is asleep at the wheel so Pool Boy isn't going anywhere.
    Maybe I should have just said the program is fucked and called it quits.

:)
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,107 Founders Club

You guys are fucking idiots

Water is wet and you're right here with us
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

tracker said:

Fuck.

Why do you hate Pool Boy?