Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tequilla Manifesto: Jake Browning, GLOVES OFF

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I hated Jake before it was cool to hate him

Your record is a mixed bag.

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I was in the LIPO camp with Jake for 2017- i.e., see if he could show growth in terms of handling adversity. Barring a major turn of events, the evidence is in, and he's not going to be that guy. All that being said, and in spite of Jake Browning sucking, we're still going to be playing meaningful football games in October in November, something many here have only seen once previously in their adult lives. So, I'm going to put my head in the sand and hope for the best. I can't show up to Husky Stadium at 1230PM later this month stressing out about Jake. So the Defense better do it's fucking job as Pete said and score points and get us fucking turnovers.

You're entering the doog zone.

I'm a lot more cynical than you. Jake isn't going to magically grow a pair and the OC is what he is.

It's up to Petersen to retool the team. It's going to take a Don James post 1986 Sun Bowl type of paradigm shift.
    Disagree on entering Doog Zone. Doogs have low expectations, and nothing I said implies this. My expectation remains that we should win conference in spite of Jake, and if we don't the season is a disappointment (more so if we don't take the North at minimum). One can be a Posi Dawg and still have high expectations.

I don't think Pete is in need to a late 80's Don James level paradigm shit. Yes, we could tighten up the offense some and make it less overly analytical, but recruiting better at QB, WR and OL is ultimately what is going to get us to the next level. Non bed shitting QB and some bad ass receivers and we're not even having this conversation; and that's with the current level of OL talent.

All that being said, Jake Browning sucks.
    Totally agree with simplifying the offense. Like I mentioned in a post a day or two ago; keep it simple, stupid. Pete is smart enough to have realized by now how much Browning sucks. He has a weak mind to go with his weak arm. The shit-show passing strategy needs to be scrubbed.

Pete should also know by now that Smith cannot game-plan AND he can't make adjustments. He keeps doing the same shit over and over again even if it's not working.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

It’s great to say that I’m employing selective data ... the problem is that Jake’s performance in tight games is an utter disaster. There’s no way around that.

I’d love for the data to say that Jake isn’t a front running bitch ...

Unfortunately the data shows that when he gets punched in the mouth he almost never gets up off the mat and responds.

That’s not opinion ... that’s factual at this point.

#ProfileInCourage
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Okay, I read it and it was good.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    It would really be a dick move to quote the entire article and disagree
  • Options
    Founders Club

I fully expected a boobs flag. So predictable...
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

I just read this. Less effort to just agree with @PurpleBaze who evidently agrees with @Tequilla. Kumbaya!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    Swaye's Wigwam

I hated Jake before it was cool to hate him

Your record is a mixed bag.

Not on quarterbacks
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

I fully expected a boobs flag. So predictable...
    You deserved it and you know it.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,993
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    It’ll be exciting to have Browning be introduced as the Husky legend in 5 years like Locker.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I think we've seen Jake's ceiling, unless Smiffy gets fired and replaced with a QB Coach that instills some toughness in him. Even if that were to happen, Jake seems to have only one gear, and lacks the intensity to elevate his game when he needs to. A better QB coach could help him make better throws and decisions, but Jake is still gonna Jake, cause he is what is.
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Of Browning’s being a pussy, I had a brief glimmer of hope him being otherwise last year when Jake drew the unsportsmanlike penalty for pointing during the Oregon game. I realize people are usually who they are, but there are moments when we try to become more, which if nurtured can be transformative. Not asserting he had the potential, but it is a shame if CP’s discipline confirmed Brownsocks as a PFL (pussy for life).