Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

A few mature, optimistic thoughts on the game last night, and on our team in general...

Why the fuck is it that whenever we see a couple run plays stopped for minimal or negative yardage, the coaches conclude that the run game isn't working and thus should be abandoned, yet whenever we see a shitload of pass attempts fail miserably and result in Browning running backwards and getting sacked for -40 yard losses, the coaches again conclude that the run game isn't working and keep calling more pass plays? I'm no math major, but last I checked 0 is a much MUCH higher number than -40. Almost 40 higher if I recall correctly.

I guess the next time Gaskin gets the ball on a run play, he should just turn around and run -40 yards and take a knee so that the coaches will think the run game is working well and will call more running plays. Actually no, he shouldn't go down by taking a knee...he should go down by putting himself in position to get absolutely clobbered by a defender so that he can risk getting injured and possibly fumble.

Also, what the fuck is up with Coleman? Isn't he a senior who's had all these years to develop? You blow on him and he falls over. He can't make people miss. He doesn't drag defenders. He doesn't know how to find the hole (that's what she said). And he certainly isn't anything special as a receiver. My point isn't to shit all over Coleman, it's to point out that he shouldn't be getting carries over Gaskin....and also to shit all over Coleman.

Pettis is an above average receiver at best, and used to be a great punt returner until he tied the NCAA record because now all he can think about is breaking it instead of just doing his fucking job. And don't get me started on our other receivers. Pounds, Fuller, Mussolini...I mean who the fuck even are these guys? We can't even make fun of them because it's like they don't even exist. It's like they aren't even part of our offense. These guys seriously make Jaydon Mickens look like Randy Moss.

And where the fuck was our coach Chris "Fuck guys! I get so fucking irritated with this fucking shit!" Petersen last night? I missed some bits and pieces of the game so maybe he had his moments, but from what I saw he seemed only mildly annoyed that his offense continuously went backwards against the 294th ranked defense in the country, and that his field goal kickers would likely get cut from most JV high school teams.

And what the fuck was Petersen thinking on that last field goal? We needed 2 touchdowns. We make the field goal, we still need 2 touchdowns because LOL no fucking way in hell are we making 2 more field goals after that. Even if we fail to convert on 4th down, ASU gets the ball backed up against their endzone with our defense playing very well. Instead, we missed the field goal and ASU got the ball at the 20. And this isn't even hindsight bias. I'd be just as fucking pissed off today if we had made the field goal because we still would have lost. Get your fucking shit together, coach. Run the fucking ball.

Comments

• Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,973
    BallzDeep said:

You must of missed one of Coleman's few carries in which he pounded it straight up the middle for like 25 yards on a power play and then was never used again. When Coleman is running straight downhill he breaks way more tackles than Gaskin. He's not a guy that can run sideways and neither is Gaskin really. Gaskin did absolutely nothing. Not once this season has Coleman been allowed to stay on the field and get into a rhythm running down hill. He saved our asses against Arizona last season and when he broke that big run I thought he was going to do it again against ASU but nope; Smiff loves watching Brownsocks do his thing.

I saw that run, and agree that is what he does best. But I feel like everything has to go right for him to get those kinds of runs...and if we're the type of offense that can consistently do everything right, we're not having this discussion right now. He had 4 other carries against ASU and ended the game with 20 yards.

Gaskin is more consistent at getting positive yards, and I feel like his running style places more stress on opposing defenses.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,876 Standard Supporter
    BallzDeep said:

You must of missed one of Coleman's few carries in which he pounded it straight up the middle for like 25 yards on a power play and then was never used again. When Coleman is running straight downhill he breaks way more tackles than Gaskin. He's not a guy that can run sideways and neither is Gaskin really. Gaskin did absolutely nothing. Not once this season has Coleman been allowed to stay on the field and get into a rhythm running down hill. He saved our asses against Arizona last season and when he broke that big run I thought he was going to do it again against ASU but nope; Smiff loves watching Brownsocks do his thing.

This. Fucking this.