Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

ESPN has a new Playoff Top 4 following Clemson’s loss to Syracuse

Comments

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,848
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

Awfully warm out for December

It snowed in Spokane yesterday.
    Not in Hawaii. Liar.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,613
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Fuck I hate the fucking playoff.

The worst part is not the tournament, it's the fucking voting.

WHY THE FUCK DOES IT MAKE SENSE TO VOTE ON FOUR TEAMS AFTER THE REGULAR SEASON?? It would be WAY easier to vote on 2 teams after the bowls.

But everyone fucking knows having a 6 team tourney with the conference winners and one at large would be an improvement. Have fucking 8 teams with conference winners and 3 fucking vote-in at large teams... but this shit where games don't fucking matter and it's all power ranking votes is fucking retarded.

It makes no sense primarily because it's still a poll system. It's the worst of all worlds... we still have polls essentially deciding and we fucked the bowls, January 1 and the fact that EVERY GAME matters.

I mean, if we lose to USC in the fucking championship game, we will hear that that shit is more diagnostic than Clemson losing to Syracuse or Michigan losing to MSU, USC losing to WSU or what the fuck ever. What kind of fucking sense does that make?!?

Either have it be a playoff (i.e., win your conference and you're in) or just do the bowls and vote for a plus one.

This current system is a fucking abomination.

Good take, but if we lose the conference title game to USC in your scenario we are most likely fucked anyways.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Has there ever been another team this hated by ESPN or the media in general? I'm not sure I've ever seen a team attacked, glossed over and put down the way uw is right now. It seems so obvious as well.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    phineas said:

Has there ever been another team this hated by ESPN or the media in general? I'm not sure I've ever seen a team attacked, glossed over and put down the way uw is right now. It seems so obvious as well.

DPOTD
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

WHY THE FUCK DOES IT MAKE SENSE TO VOTE ON FOUR TEAMS AFTER THE REGULAR SEASON?? It would be WAY easier to vote on 2 teams after the bowls.

But everyone fucking knows having a 6 team tourney with the conference winners and one at large would be an improvement. Have fucking 8 teams with conference winners and 3 fucking vote-in at large teams... but this shit where games don't fucking matter and it's all power ranking votes is fucking retarded.

It makes no sense primarily because it's still a poll system. It's the worst of all worlds... we still have polls essentially deciding and we fucked the bowls, January 1 and the fact that EVERY GAME matters.

I mean, if we lose to USC in the fucking championship game, we will hear that that shit is more diagnostic than Clemson losing to Syracuse or Michigan losing to MSU, USC losing to WSU or what the fuck ever. What kind of fucking sense does that make?!?

Either have it be a playoff (i.e., win your conference and you're in) or just do the bowls and vote for a plus one.

Good take, but if we lose the conference title game to USC in your scenario we are most likely fucked anyways.
    Fine, but you understand my point.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,314
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    AZDuck said:

phineas said:

DPOTD
    I'm sure we'll be able to top that later.

However, this current beef is quite something. I can't recall any examples of multiple ESPN content providers collectively attacking a specific school like this.

I know their embrace debate bullshit and self generated controversy for the sake of content is meant to make money, but I'm not aware of ESPN acting this way in the middle of the season before.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Dennis, who give a fuck. We win out we got to the fucking rose bowl you been dying to go to for the past decade
    The playoff sucks. That's what.
    dude, chill the fuck out and enjoy this team. after 15 years of shit football figured you would have some perspective lol
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    In this thread: a Doog reminds everyone what a shit poster he is.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Gladstone said:

In this thread: a Doog reminds everyone what a shit poster he is.

is it me
    LOL no.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,314
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    AZDuck said:

ESPN came after Oregon all the time in 2014 and after Mariota. I don't know what drives their "storylines" but they definitely try to favor a story over the facts, and they tend to favor traditional powerhouses. Like in 2014 they tried really hard to make Jameis a contender for two Heismans even though Mariota was better in every measurable metric. They hate all PAC teams except USC. They also hated Chip Kelly until they didn't. They suck.

Yeah but it's ok when they do it to Oregon
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,582
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2017
    I agree with Leech. Let's just play the teams in your division, then conference championships; conference winners get a first round bye in a 64 team playoff. I would sit and laugh at the coogs fail to get out of the first round like the mid major fags that they are.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The ESPN battle fest is bizarre and sadly real. Did you notice last night how many times they pimped all the ESPN and ABC games happening Saturday and they literally never mentioned UW once. They kept showing USC and Darnold pictures and literally didn’t mention that we were playing on ESPN.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dennis, who give a fuck. We win out we got to the fucking rose bowl you been dying to go to for the past decade
    The playoff sucks. That's what.
    dude, chill the fuck out and enjoy this team. after 15 years of shit football figured you would have some perspective lol
    That's no way to talk to an oppressed member of a protected class. You trying rolling a mile in his chair.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

ESPN came after Oregon all the time in 2014 and after Mariota. I don't know what drives their "storylines" but they definitely try to favor a story over the facts, and they tend to favor traditional powerhouses. Like in 2014 they tried really hard to make Jameis a contender for two Heismans even though Mariota was better in every measurable metric. They hate all PAC teams except USC. They also hated Chip Kelly until they didn't. They suck.

Oh, excuse me. I dont follow Oregon duck hot talk
  • Options
    SteveSuckisianSteveSuckisian Member Posts: 68
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2017
    Rose Bowl matters ... but this shit playoff thing frucks that up too
    God T fucking CU was in it !
  • Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    ESPN covering themselves on the cupcake thing by awkwardly holding a box labeled rat poison in the press box Bammer vs the piggies