Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Incredible stat on Husky D (stats are for losers? edition)

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    uzi said:

I think strength of schedule matters a lot. So far, we've only played teams that are cupcakes or similar soft pastries.

This would be a good time to insert that GIF of Bama breaking for a 50 yard run on our D as we fail to tackle their 270 pound running back. I'm 100% confident this year's team would have the same issues.

Our D is awesome against Pac12 or similar week competition, but it isn't elite yet.

yeah no

the D is borderline natty ready

the offense... :pensive:
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,836
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

uzi said:

I think strength of schedule matters a lot. So far, we've only played teams that are cupcakes or similar soft pastries.

This would be a good time to insert that GIF of Bama breaking for a 50 yard run on our D as we fail to tackle their 270 pound running back. I'm 100% confident this year's team would have the same issues.

Our D is awesome against Pac12 or similar week competition, but it isn't elite yet.

yeah no

You think the offense is bad now? Just wait until our OC leaves for Oregon State. Babushka is a GOOD offensive coordinator.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Gladstone said:

uzi said:

yeah no

The offense isn't really "bad".

The frustrating part is that it could be a LOT better.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Gladstone said:

uzi said:

yeah no

The one that’s tied for #1 in scoring in the Pac 12? Yes cupcakes played no one blah blah. Look I get it, The offense is frustrating to watch at times but it’s not the absolute worst thing in the world.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,226
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

uzi said:

yeah no

The one that’s tied for #1 in scoring in the Pac 12? Yes cupcakes played no one blah blah. Look I get it, The offense is frustrating to watch at times but it’s not the absolute worst thing in the world.
    I'm a lot more positive about the defense even with bad opposition than I am with the offense. Because the O didn't suck last year until we played someone.

On the other hand, it looks less retarded so far
  • Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

uzi said:

yeah no

What good offense has this D been tested against?
  • Options
    uzi said:

Gladstone said:

uzi said:

yeah no

You do understand that one can infer how a unit will do against better competition by how it does against weaker competition, right?

And also that all teams and units generally perform less well against exceptional competition?

• Options
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

uzi said:

yeah no

why did you take my 'borderline natty ready' and respond with 'not the absolute worst thing in the world'

or did you mean to quote someone else
  • Options
    Founders Club
    uzi said:

Gladstone said:

uzi said:

yeah no

not everything exists in a vacuum. look at the past 1.5 seasons. look at the coaching. look at the tackling. the depth. the speed. the size.

take any top 10 defense this year and most of them have played mostly garbage teams
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    AIRWOLF said:

uzi said:

Gladstone said:

uzi said:

yeah no

And also that all teams and units generally perform less well against exceptional competition?

Exactly. So why don't we wait to get excited until we've seen how our D plays against good or better offenses?

So far, we've only played shit.

I'd be worried if we weren't in the top 10 defenses given how shitty the teams are that we've played so far.

[edit]

Okay, looks like Colorado is a top 50 offense. So I give us credit for that:

http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/21

Coming up, we will have 3-4 games against top 30 offenses. I'll be impressed if we are still a top 5 D after all of those games.
  • Options
    uzi said:

AIRWOLF said:

uzi said:

Gladstone said:

uzi said:

yeah no

Exactly. So why don't we wait to get excited until we've seen how our D plays against good or better offenses?

I'd be worried if we weren't in the top 10 defenses given how shitty the teams are that we've played so far.
    The world must be an endlessly surprising and baffling place to you.
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

uzi said:

Gladstone said:

uzi said:

yeah no

not everything exists in a vacuum. look at the past 1.5 seasons. look at the coaching. look at the tackling. the depth. the speed. the size.

take any top 10 defense this year and most of them have played mostly garbage teams
    That's crazy talk. We have to rely on the smallest possible sample sizes to make any real judgements! And when we do, those judgements have to be completely subjective.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Our DL alone makes us special. They alone will put us in top 25 defense.
  • Options

Gladstone said:

uzi said:

yeah no

Gladstone wasn't wrong. The D is as good as anyone outside Bama. The offense (while not terrible) is not close to that level.
    Bama's defense isn't on the same level it was last year. Still excellent, but not quite the same.

The Husky defense is probably better than last year's.
  • Options
    AIRWOLF said:

uzi said:

AIRWOLF said:

uzi said:

Gladstone said:

uzi said:

yeah no

If you believe these loser stats, then OBK has a sand free vagina to rent you.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,226
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AIRWOLF said:

Gladstone said:

uzi said:

yeah no

Gladstone wasn't wrong. The D is as good as anyone outside Bama. The offense (while not terrible) is not close to that level.
    Bama's defense isn't on the same level it was last year. Still excellent, but not quite the same.

The Husky defense is probably better than last year's.
    They have a couple white guy starters
  • Options
    uzi said:

AIRWOLF said:

uzi said:

AIRWOLF said:

uzi said:

Gladstone said:

uzi said:

yeah no

If you believe these loser stats, then OBK has a sand free vagina to rent you.
    This is a tough one.

On the one hand, I can believe in an analytical approach that has proven itself against the spread over the years.

But that would mean not believing a guy who sounds like a typical Paul Finebaum caller.

I'm so torn.
  • Options