Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jayden Jernigan, 4* 2019 DT, Allen, TX (Offered)

Comments

• FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Can't read the article, but we're above Okie State and Texas Tech right now. In a perfect scenario we get Jernigan as the 3rd guy in a great DL class, which I think is possible. If he's our #2 guy in our class at DT its not quite as good. I like him, but probably the least of our current offers.
    Dude the school fucking prints d-1 players every fucking year. I would take him just to keep the fucking pipeline going. That is a good HS to be conned to.
    Never said I didn't want him
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Can't read the article, but we're above Okie State and Texas Tech right now. In a perfect scenario we get Jernigan as the 3rd guy in a great DL class, which I think is possible. If he's our #2 guy in our class at DT its not quite as good. I like him, but probably the least of our current offers.
    Dude the school fucking prints d-1 players every fucking year. I would take him just to keep the fucking pipeline going. That is a good HS to be conned to.
    I would doog if taking Jernigan helped us land EJ Ndoma-Ogar. Huff already showed last cycle that he can fuck in TX, lets see if he can take the next step
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    NEsnake12 said:

I would doog if taking Jernigan helped us land EJ Ndoma-Ogar. Huff already showed last cycle that he can fuck in TX, lets see if he can take the next step
    I like his tape, but seems little small
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789

NEsnake12 said:

He’s big enough to be a high end guard
    NEsnake12 said:

NEsnake12 said:

He’s big enough to be a high end guard
    Center?
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    BallzDeep said:

Jernigan is good. He's a beast against double teams either busting through them to make the tackle himself or disrupting the play to help his teammates make the tackle. Solid #2 NT prospect on the board behind Mathew Pola-Mao who's going to SC. With Tuitele and Pola-Mao going to SC; UW needs to get Jernigan and Paama which would be Gaines and Vea part two.

You're forgetting Apu Ika. He's pretty similar to Letuligasenoa and a more natural fit at nose tackle. I like Jernigan, but he's still number 4 after Tuitele, Ika and Paama. I'd take all three of those guys. The thing with Paama though is that he could play guard as well, so I'd still take him if we landed Jernigan to help with getting Ndoma-Ogar.

No point in even talking about Pola-Mao. He might as well have a Trojan tattoed on his neck.

BallzDeep said:

Jernigan is good. He's a beast against double teams either busting through them to make the tackle himself or disrupting the play to help his teammates make the tackle. Solid #2 NT prospect on the board behind Mathew Pola-Mao who's going to SC. With Tuitele and Pola-Mao going to SC; UW needs to get Jernigan and Paama which would be Gaines and Vea part two.

You're forgetting Apu Ika. He's pretty similar to Letuligasenoa and a more natural fit at nose tackle. I like Jernigan, but he's still number 4 after Tuitele, Ika and Paama. I'd take all three of those guys. The thing with Paama though is that he could play guard as well, so I'd still take him if we landed Jernigan to help with getting Ndoma-Ogar.

No point in even talking about Pola-Mao. He might as well have a Trojan tattoed on his neck.
    My hope is that his brother not enjoying his time at SC, which gives us? an opening
  • WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Jacob Bandes and Noa Ngalu are the other quality DTs we've offered on the west coast. I would rank Bandes above Ika, but Ngalu is at the bottom of the list.

Ideally we get someone in the boat this spring, because it sounds like Tuitele, Bandes, and Pola-Mao are going to push things out until after the season.
    Woof said:

Jacob Bandes and Noa Ngalu are the other quality DTs we've offered on the west coast. I would rank Bandes above Ika, but Ngalu is at the bottom of the list.

Ideally we get someone in the boat this spring, because it sounds like Tuitele, Bandes, and Pola-Mao are going to push things out until after the season.

Ngalu really lost more quickness than I expected after gaining some weight between his sophomore and junior seasons.
    An ideal and somewhat realistic thing I could see happening is getting Bandes as an inside/outside guy, one of Paama/Ika and Jernigan.

Obviously hoping for Faatui though.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    edited February 2018
    Man ... optimistic that we'll get a combo of players that everyone can be happy with ... especially with Saint Kalepo going to the Polynesian Bowl ...
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I would be somewhat surprised if we didn’t end up with Jernigan
    Tequilla said:

I would be somewhat surprised if we didn’t end up with Jernigan

Yeah a Texas kid who makes a trip that early up to UW trying to get an offer has to be very interested. Plus he's probably a rung below some other guys so he won't have offers from all Texas schools.
    Same school and position as Levi ... Levi is going to be a terror this year ... not hard to see the success that he is having and think that it could translate.

Like Jernigan, Levi wasn’t heavily recruited by the ELITE local powers ... more of the 2nd tier.

We should stack quite favorably to those 2nd tier schools
    Slow strategy black kid. I think we can pull him
  • dougthedawgdougthedawg Member Posts: 179
    Tequilla said:

Same school and position as Levi ... Levi is going to be a terror this year ... not hard to see the success that he is having and think that it could translate.

Like Jernigan, Levi wasn’t heavily recruited by the ELITE local powers ... more of the 2nd tier.

Levi was offered by Oklahoma (and UGA, Miami, Michigan, etc). Isn't Oklahoma behind only UT in the TX offer pecking order?

Tequilla said:

Levi was offered by Oklahoma (and UGA, Miami, Michigan, etc). Isn't Oklahoma behind only UT in the TX offer pecking order?

I could be wrong but I thought that at the end Levi was looking at Okie Lite. It’s one thing to have an offer and another to ultimately be on the short list with a committable offer