Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to Race and DDY

FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
Question from a millennial doof.
Was the 91's Defensive Tackles unit better than this year's? Fuking Vita and Gaines are just porking the fuck out of the opposing offensive lineman. for the last 3 weeks i am consistently seeing vita get tripled teamed and he still getting work done. Jaylen is right there with them, levi is getting there just needs more reps.

I am not comparing the teams, but the defensive tackle units.

Comments

• Options
    @RaceBannon @Dennis_DeYoung

Thanks, I figured should get some perspective from ppl that saw the glory days of the UW's defense
  • Options
    JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,981
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    But was Emtman an OKG?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

LebamDawg said:

The other difference was the defensive scheme - the glory day dawgs did not have spread offenses to worry about so they packed 8 to sometimes 11 in tight to stuff the run and would blitz from any angle. Now they are putting the pressure on with a 3 or 4 man rush, if a reincarnation of Emtman was playing today he would still be ripping it up better than anyone I have ever seen.

at a book signing at the Bellevue Barnes and Noble, we were having a group discussion. I asked Hoffmann if the '91 defense would struggle againt Chip Kelly's spread. He shot me a look of pure bewilderment and disgust.
    Not saying he's wrong, but former NBA players think the Warriors suck.
    They do
    2-1 against LeBron.

OOPS.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,066
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Emptermann is better than Vea or Gaines. Vea is playing in the same zip code at least, but not quite there. As a combo though I'd put Gaines/Vea at damn near 91 level because I think they are both better than Rodgers.

As a team, it's damn close. Now imagine Emptermann and Vea (current version) playing together. I would just assume any opposing QB would be killed every game.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

Emptermann is better than Vea or Gaines. Vea is playing in the same zip code at least, but not quite there. As a combo though I'd put Gaines/Vea at damn near 91 level because I think they are both better than Rodgers.

As a team, it's damn close. Now imagine Emptermann and Vea (current version) playing together. I would just assume any opposing QB would be killed every game.

Fuck good DT are worth their weight in gold
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,969
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

LebamDawg said:

The other difference was the defensive scheme - the glory day dawgs did not have spread offenses to worry about so they packed 8 to sometimes 11 in tight to stuff the run and would blitz from any angle. Now they are putting the pressure on with a 3 or 4 man rush, if a reincarnation of Emtman was playing today he would still be ripping it up better than anyone I have ever seen.

at a book signing at the Bellevue Barnes and Noble, we were having a group discussion. I asked Hoffmann if the '91 defense would struggle againt Chip Kelly's spread. He shot me a look of pure bewilderment and disgust.
    This must've been before I arrived and Ken the SHARK HOOK gave me the stink eye like I just got caught porking his sister.