Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Oregon’s biggest game ever vs. Cuog OGT

Comments

• dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    This thread is over.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Mosster has been awfully quiet

Not much to say. We took our schematic shot in the first quarter to get to 10 points. You save those to get back into it or put someone away. We did it just to score a TD in a close game in the first quarter. That's the coaches way of saying the other team is three TD's better than we were, and they were.

Burmeister obviously isn't ready to play as a true frosh like Herbie was and is the reason why one will be a millionaire and the other one won't. He couldn't even run the only thing they brought him in to run and he's a massive pussy as a ball carrier. His motion timing was fucking awful and caused the bulk of the procedure penalties.

The D played well outside of the LB spot next to Dye. The offensive lane played well given the situation they were in. What is left at WR is awful.

The team definitely didn't quit. That's the one positive about freshman. They usually suck but they don't give up.

The only thing that concerns me is the fan base. Like 70% of Oregon's fan base are band wagoners. An "old" Duck fan started watching in 2007 with the bulk coming on in 2010. Look to Corvallis to see how the population of Oregon treats a non-winning football team. Once hunting season starts they might as well move the Beav games to Corvallis High.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster has been awfully quiet

Not much to say. We took our schematic shot in the first quarter to get to 10 points. You save those to get back into it or put someone away. We did it just to score a TD in a close game in the first quarter. That's the coaches way of saying the other team is three TD's better than we were, and they were.

Burmeister obviously isn't ready to play as a true frosh like Herbie was and is the reason why one will be a millionaire and the other one won't. He couldn't even run the only thing they brought him in to run and he's a massive pussy as a ball carrier. His motion timing was fucking awful and caused the bulk of the procedure penalties.

The D played well outside of the LB spot next to Dye. The offensive lane played well given the situation they were in. What is left at WR is awful.

The team definitely didn't quit. That's the one positive about freshman. They usually suck but they don't give up.

The only thing that concerns me is the fan base. Like 70% of Oregon's fan base are band wagoners. An "old" Duck fan started watching in 2007 with the bulk coming on in 2010. Look to Corvallis to see how the population of Oregon treats a non-winning football team. Once hunting season starts they might as well move the Beav games to Corvallis High.
    This is beautiful
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Watched the condensed version last night. Both teams looked sloppy with ball security, Oregon more so. Muffed punts for both teams? That was a bad call on kick-catch interference on WSU. Surprised how much pressure both teams got on QBs. What's up with Royce Freeman? He looks checked out and regretting coming back. There was an interception a one point, Freeman was within 10 yards of the Cuog DB and was walking.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Freeman is a well known pussy
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

That I actually agree with. I have lost count of how many times I've seen him with 3-5 yards of space going at a defender that he would absolutely run over and likely injure if he's lower his shoulders and accelerate. He always just falls forward and avoids the big the contact. Benoit is half his size and runs twice as hard.

Last year is was as obvious as day that he was avoiding injury, and really, I couldn't blame him. The team mailed it in. But this year, he's doing it again after banging up the shoulder. I'm sure it hurts like a mother fucker, but great backs play through that shit.

He is kinda of a puss. Still, wtf.
    phineas said:

Oregon is done. They better make these kids turn in all their jersey combinations at the end of the year so they can be reused. The bandwagon and the money are about to dry right up

Jesus.
    Swaye's Wigwam

That I actually agree with. I have lost count of how many times I've seen him with 3-5 yards of space going at a defender that he would absolutely run over and likely injure if he's lower his shoulders and accelerate. He always just falls forward and avoids the big the contact. Benoit is half his size and runs twice as hard.

Last year is was as obvious as day that he was avoiding injury, and really, I couldn't blame him. The team mailed it in. But this year, he's doing it again after banging up the shoulder. I'm sure it hurts like a mother fucker, but great backs play through that shit.

This is tuff. Separated shoulder

This is tuff. Separated shoulder

Exactly. But wtf?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I will never surrender
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Standard GIF: http://i.imgur.com/gDp2laz.gif
    Swaye's Wigwam

That was the end of his career IMO
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

I don't know why you think a GIF from the Cal gayme is relevant to this conversation

I will never surrender

WTF?

Nor I.

That was the end of his career IMO
    Great hit, not taking anything away from the hitter, but he was already a puss by then. The guy has talent, but IMO he's been living off his Michigan State performance and measurables. Like I said, I don't think I've seen him play a single game since MSU where he didn't leave 6 or more yards on the table several times by not making a corner or safety sorry they got in his way. He goes down on tackles that Corey Dillon would have been gone to jail for (a familiar place) had they been attempted on him. Even linebackers didn't try to harm tackle Dillon. Freeman has that kind of body, but doesn't use it. Reminds me of a few Cane players who were obviously saving it for the NFL.

But WTF with this poast?