Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PGOS post weekend thoughts

PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,485 Swaye's Wigwam
edited October 2017 in Hardcore Husky Board
A little buzzed and having nothing better to do, so I figured I'd share my thoughts on football from the weekend with you assholes. I know no one cares, it's a given.

Pretty entertaining weekend of college football. While watching the games and browsing the internet, it's amazing how the national perception of the conference dropped when USC dropped a game to Northwestern Idaho A&M. Nothing really changed in the conference...the conference still has the same amount of undefeated and one loss teams after the game is played. But USC is movie stars and money. Pullman is busch light and cow chips. USC has historically won things. WSU hasn't. I get it, it is what it is. No AP voter east of the Rockies gives a fuck about anyone in the conference other than USC, and maybe Oregon when they are good.

No national media member really cares that some school in Kamchatka won a few Rose Bowls and a natty 30 years or so ago. All they know is that the games are on when people are doing other things at 10pm at night. Half of America is asleep, the other half is getting fucked up. A few losers might be watching but that doesn't do much to influence the national perception.

While watching the CU-UCLA, Gilmore was talking about an undefeated UW missing out on the CFP! While broadcasting a West Coast game! I was pissed, but the fact is, this conference hasn't done shit in 13 years. It is slightly better than the Big 12, but the SEC, ACC, and even the fucking B1G have all won natties and popped off. Alabama will probably play 1 ranked team in the regular season, but they have earned the right and will give a bunch a teams an SOS boost and a quality loss. Pedophile State lost to USC last year and almost lost to fucking Kirk Ferentz - and they still are not questioned as a CFP shoe in if the season were to end today.

There is an article right now on ESPN that lists threats to Bama. UW doesn't even garner a mention, while Ohio State - the same team that failed to score a point in the CFP last year - is listed.

UW needs to fucking win this year. The national media will hate it...they already are penciling in Bama vs Clemson III. Beat all the teams on this joke of a schedule, stomp USC in the conference title game (Or Ute, I guess...), and get game a game in the CFP on the West Coast. Nothing else matters.

That said, Bama over Clemson in the natty rather easily, say 34-17? FML. If this team can't do better in the first half on the road they deserve to play San Diego State in the NOGAF bowl.

Everyone else outside of Bama and Auburn in the SEC sucks. The ignant might say, but what about Georgia, PGOS? Georgia is still Georgia and they suck. Watch out for a loss to Florida and some other scrub SEC team in the future. Troy would probably win the conference. Bama and Auburn are smart to not play Troy, unlike UW who should have lost multiple home games to EWU. Lol.
Tagged:

Comments

• TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,485 Swaye's Wigwam

A little buzzed and having nothing better to do, so I figured I'd share my thoughts on football from the weekend with you assholes. I know no one cares, it's a given.

Pretty entertaining weekend of college football. While watching the games and browsing the internet, it's amazing how the national perception of the conference dropped when USC dropped a game to Northwestern Idaho A&M. Nothing really changed in the conference...the conference still has the same amount of undefeated and one loss teams after the game is played. But USC is movie stars and money. Pullman is busch light and cow chips. USC has historically won things. WSU hasn't. I get it, it is what it is. No AP voter east of the Rockies gives a fuck about anyone in the conference other than USC, and maybe Oregon when they are good.

No national media member really cares that some school in Kamchatka won a few Rose Bowls and a natty 30 years or so ago. All they know is that the games are on when people are doing other things at 10pm at night. Half of America is asleep, the other half is getting fucked up. A few losers might be watching but that doesn't do much to influence the national perception.

While watching the CU-UCLA, Gilmore was talking about an undefeated UW missing out on the CFP! While broadcasting a West Coast game! I was pissed, but the fact is, this conference hasn't done shit in 13 years. It is slightly better than the Big 12, but the SEC, ACC, and even the fucking B1G have all won natties and popped off. Alabama will probably play 1 ranked team in the regular season, but they have earned the right and will give a bunch a teams an SOS boost and a quality loss. Pedophile State lost to USC last year and almost lost to fucking Kirk Ferentz - and they still are not questioned as a CFP shoe in if the season were to end today.

There is an article right now on ESPN that lists threats to Bama. UW doesn't even garner a mention, while Ohio State - the same team that failed to score a point in the CFP last year - is listed.

UW needs to fucking win this year. The national media will hate it...they already are penciling in Bama vs Clemson III. Beat all the teams on this joke of a schedule, stomp USC in the conference title game (Or Ute, I guess...), and get game a game in the CFP on the West Coast. Nothing else matters.

That said, Bama over Clemson in the natty rather easily, say 34-17? FML. If this team can't do better in the first half on the road they deserve to play San Diego State in the NOGAF bowl.

Didn't read.

Don't blame you
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    I would disregard a conference and that openly accepted Utah too.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,485 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Utah is better and cares more about football and sports than the majority of the conference. They have also beaten a Saban Bama team.

Colorado...
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

Everyone else outside of Bama and Auburn in the SEC sucks. The ignant might say, but what about Georgia, PGOS? Georgia is still Georgia and they suck. Watch out for a loss to Florida and some other scrub SEC team in the future. Troy would probably win the conference. Bama and Auburn are smart to not play Troy, unlike UW who should have lost multiple home games to EWU. Lol.

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

this one is not as good as the indian one. fuck I love that gif
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Utah is better and cares more about football and sports than the majority of the conference. They have also beaten a Saban Bama team.

Colorado...
    ...has won a division. Utah can't beat the cuogs.

Agree. This PGOS effort wasn't worthy of that gif.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,377 Founders Club

I think this might be the nicest thing you've ever said to anyone.

A kinder, gentler Boobs?

You read it.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,902 Founders Club

You forgot to suggest a wine of the week. Otherwise well done.

Thanks Taft!

You read it.
    No.

@Tequilla has trained me to scroll past a wall of bullshit.
    haie said:

haie said:

Colorado...
    ...has won a division. Utah can't beat the cuogs.
    So did a 6-6 UCLA
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

That gif isn't better than the Indian one, but you're still wrong.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,944 Founders Club
    Good thoughts here PGOS. At times it feels like we are stuck in this purgatory of not being a blue blood and getting the benefit of the doubt no matter what, but we have enough tradition/reputation from days of yore to not translate into being a sympathy/feel good Cinderella story like the 2017 Kewgs or BSU teams under Pete.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,944 Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Didn't Luke Falk use the Happy Hands signal on one of the plays last Friday?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

That gif isn't better than the Indian one, but you're still wrong.
    Huh? Take an ESL class