Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

She was looking for lots of pats on the back

HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Standard Supporter
I didn't vote for Trump but man, this trendy mob mentality of bashing everything under the sun coming from the Oval Office is pathetic. The hypocrisy is totally ridiculous too:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4934052/Melania-hits-librarian-rejected-donation.html

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2017
    So you are saying that Dr. Seuss isn't racist?

Or are you saying that liberals have a monopoly on meaningless rejection of the other party?

Or just flat out not telling the full story?

In an open letter published on Horn Book’s website on Tuesday, Phipps Soeiro explained that her school is located city where “yearly per-pupil spending ... is well over $20,000.” The librarian suggested the books would be better off in “underfunded and underprivileged communities that continue to be marginalized and maligned by policies put in place by Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos.”

″[My] school doesn’t have a NEED for these books,” Phipps Soeiro wrote.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    #1) If you read the article, it is against district policy to use her employment for political purposes

#2) She is just a librarian and rejecting a donation from the Oval Office was not her decision to make....which also pertains to #3

#3) She could have privately appealed to her Principal or District and requested to mail the books to a needier school

#4) She was happily wearing a Dr. Seuss costume in a picture earlier this year so how can she be for and against Dr. Seuss?

Again, this pathetic woman overstretched in trying to virtue-signal and it backfired horribly (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtue_signalling)
    2001400ex said:

Or are you saying that liberals have a monopoly on meaningless rejection of the other party?

In an open letter published on Horn Book’s website on Tuesday, Phipps Soeiro explained that her school is located city where “yearly per-pupil spending ... is well over $20,000.” The librarian suggested the books would be better off in “underfunded and underprivileged communities that continue to be marginalized and maligned by policies put in place by Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos.”

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Pats on the back?

SF, J
  • Options
    HFNY said:

#1) If you read the article, it is against district policy to use her employment for political purposes

#2) She is just a librarian and rejecting a donation from the Oval Office was not her decision to make....which also pertains to #3

#3) She could have privately appealed to her Principal or District and requested to mail the books to a needier school

#4) She was happily wearing a Dr. Seuss costume in a picture earlier this year so how can she be for and against Dr. Seuss?

Again, this pathetic woman overstretched in trying to virtue-signal and it backfired horribly (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtue_signalling)

2001400ex said:

I'm glad you agree that Dr Seuss is racist.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    I'm not saying it is or isn't (don't really remember the books) but even if he / it is, wearing a a Dr. Seuss costume a few months earlier is a tacit endorsement. And then she bashes donated books later? Indefensible and the height of hypocrisy.

Care to address my other points of her pathetic attempt at virtue signalling?
  • Options
    HFNY said:

I'm not saying it is or isn't (don't really remember the books) but even if he / it is, wearing a a Dr. Seuss costume a few months earlier is a tacit endorsement. And then she bashes donated books later? Indefensible and the height of hypocrisy.

Care to address my other points of her pathetic attempt at virtue signalling?

I agree people making a stand because they don't like a politician is FS. That being said, your article is shit. And it's missing a large part of the story.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,029
    edited September 2017
    These days everyone is racist. If you're white.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

These days everyone is racist. If you're white.

Only you.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,029
    The funny part is why would this get any media coverage?
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Red Fish
    Blue Fish
    White Supremacist
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2017
    This Librarian is on a HondoFS level of intelligence complaining about Dr Seuss being racist while having pictures of herself dressed up and reading Dr Seuss to kids.

And HondoFS...Dr Seuss was racist enough that Michelle Obama use to go around the country reading it to kids for 8 years.
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/lifestyle/michelle-obama-promotes-healthy-eating-exercise-at-dr-seuss-book-reading-1.2199018

HondoFS...
  • Options

This Librarian is on a HondoFS level of intelligence complaining about Dr Seuss being racist while having pictures of herself dressed up and reading Dr Seuss to kids.

And HondoFS...Dr Seuss was racist enough that Michelle Obama use to go around the country reading it to kids for 8 years.
    http://www.ctvnews.ca/lifestyle/michelle-obama-promotes-healthy-eating-exercise-at-dr-seuss-book-reading-1.2199018

HondoFS...

If you don't see you were being trolled....
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    I thought this was going to be about a gangbang. Disappointing thread
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,946
    2001400ex said:

HFNY said:

2001400ex said:

I'm glad you agree that Dr Seuss is racist.
    He dead.