Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

JT Tuimoloau, 5* 2021 DL, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 9/22/17)

Comments

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,333
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

He's coming here.

I'm off the cliff now. Last time you said this...
  • Options
    BonedogBonedog Member Posts: 650
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Stop GrundleStiltzkin
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,489
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Lake is an embarrassment
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    If JTT doesn’t come to UW it will be because of Pete ... not Jimmy

Likely not having Spring practices is disastrous for the QB position IMO
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Well here goes: JT may commit to tOSU but will wear purple and gold IF Jimmy wins --and its a big if.

Expect a similar scenario, along the lines of Danny Shelton and Budda Baker to play out. Momma keeps him local.

No surprise Gee is working his pal. Don't count on Sam Adams countering Gee's push. Sam Jr. wanted to be a Buck but TDWHA, considering him an average RB prospect, well below tOSU standards and not enough of a safety/olb prospect for a player set on playing offense. Had the Bucks given Sam a commitable offer, he'd be there.

Getting Tracy's brother on board helps us. At the end of the day, the best players want to win and get developed. Thankfully, Poly's keep it tight. Absent life changing career opportunities for the elders in Columbus and a shit 2020 (reasonably plausible) JT ends up a Dawg.

I’ve always though this too. He seems very family oriented and that, combined with the Poly community at UW would keep him home. I think the Budda and Shelton comparisons are far off, at least I hope they are not.

It’s a very bad sign if we lose both JT and Egbuka.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Our best chance is if he prolongs his recruitment and has second thoughts on moving that far from home, a la Justin Flowe. I agree with Teq, if we lose JTT and Emeka to tOSU this is all on Pete's stubborn ass for delaying an offer to Gee. If we locked Gee down early the Buckeyes wouldn't have been sniffing around in this area.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    not getting this kid would be a huge kick to the nuts.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Our best chance is if he prolongs his recruitment and has second thoughts on moving that far from home, a la Justin Flowe. I agree with Teq, if we lose JTT and Emeka to tOSU this is all on Pete's stubborn ass for delaying an offer to Gee. If we locked Gee down early the Buckeyes wouldn't have been sniffing around in this area.

I don’t think Gee’s late offer played too much of a role. What about Rodgers? It did open up a possible pipeline because if Gee can do it, why can’t they? Togaii going to Ohio State could be as much of a factor as Gee.

There is probably some time. Neither have given any word that they are committing early.

The real issue is that Ohio State contends for natties every year and UW does not. Elite players want to win. Ohio State wins more. This type of stuff can happen after a 7-5 season and no big wins by Pete in the bowl games.

I still think we have a good shot at JTT. No idea about Egbuka.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,924
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I don’t think Gee’s late offer played too much of a role. What about Rodgers? It did open up a possible pipeline because if Gee can do it, why can’t they? Togaii going to Ohio State could be as much of a factor as Gee.

There is probably some time. Neither have given any word that they are committing early.

The real issue is that Ohio State contends for natties every year and UW does not. Elite players want to win. Ohio State wins more. This type of stuff can happen after a 7-5 season and no big wins by Pete in the bowl games.

This. We can keep saying "UW offers everything a kid could want. Why would they go anywhere else?" The reality is, kids want to play for the best. For a top-level kid, it's a status thing. Much more than "I want to stay home and rep my own city.", it's "the best want me. I'm going to go rep the best."
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

We are way behind with Egbuka.
  • Options
    LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,474
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2020
    Baseman said:

That seems to be the word. This is an old article, but in it, he says he will miss his siblings when he leaves and his mom cried. Hopefully mama can win out and we show something on offense this year for him to get excited about. Below are some quotes from the article.

And we were going over some of the different schools and he said, ‘One thing about leaving is I’m going to miss my siblings (younger brother Keanan and younger sister Eva),’” Rhonda said. “That just made me cry.

But I don’t want that to force his decision. We’ll come to all the games we can, wherever he is. We’ll figure it out. We’ll set up Facetimes, we’ll fly him back. Whatever. He shouldn’t stay here for that reason alone. But he told me if that’s the case, then he wants to go somewhere that feels like family.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seattletimes.com/sports/high-school/steilacooms-emeka-egbuka-nations-no-1-junior-athlete-getting-five-star-treatment/?amp=1
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Baseman said:

That seems to be the word. This is an old article, but in it, he says he will miss his siblings when he leaves and his mom cried. Hopefully mama can win out and we show something on offense this year for him to get excited about. Below are some quotes from the article.

And we were going over some of the different schools and he said, ‘One thing about leaving is I’m going to miss my siblings (younger brother Keanan and younger sister Eva),’” Rhonda said. “That just made me cry.

But I don’t want that to force his decision. We’ll come to all the games we can, wherever he is. We’ll figure it out. We’ll set up Facetimes, we’ll fly him back. Whatever. He shouldn’t stay here for that reason alone. But he told me if that’s the case, then he wants to go somewhere that feels like family.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.seattletimes.com/sports/high-school/steilacooms-emeka-egbuka-nations-no-1-junior-athlete-getting-five-star-treatment/?amp=1
    Win 10+ games this year while having a competent offense that features young WR’s and he will be a dawg. We started to slip when our offense looked terrible last year while losing games while Clemson and Ohio State were killing it. We still got a chance but we got to show it on the field.
  • Options
    proofproof Member Posts: 278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Baseman said:

Win 10+ games this year while having a competent offense that features young WR’s and he will be a dawg. We started to slip when our offense looked terrible last year while losing games while Clemson and Ohio State were killing it. We still got a chance but we got to show it on the field.
    DOOMED.gif