Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

JT Tuimoloau, 5* 2021 DL, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 9/22/17)

Comments

• Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    FirePete said:

Not a complete gimme, but I will be surprised if he’s anywhere but UW.

Rumors are he is silent
    FirePete said:

Rumors are he is silent
    Please explain to me the rationale why any recruit, especially a top one, would ever be a silent commit?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    whuggy said:

FirePete said:

Rumors are he is silent
    Please explain to me the rationale why any recruit, especially a top one, would ever be a silent commit?
    Generally, I'd agree with you. However, seems like his family keeps a pretty tight hold on the recruiting business, in a good way.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2019
    whuggy said:

FirePete said:

Rumors are he is silent
    FirePete said:

Rumors are he is silent
    Dude, I am the village idiot, how would I know???? Answer that question????
  • Options
    edited November 2019

whuggy said:

FirePete said:

Rumors are he is silent
    Generally, I'd agree with you. However, seems like his family keeps a pretty tight hold on the recruiting business, in a good way.
    I guess we'll find out if he schedules visits. We all know Pete's views on that. I would tend to lean that he is not a silent. Would be self defeating to the program for a recruit of his stature not to declare and lose out on other top players wanting to join him. An example being Huard's commitment influencing Savell.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    whuggy said:

whuggy said:

FirePete said:

Rumors are he is silent
    I guess we'll find out if he schedules visits. We all know Pete's views on that. I would tend to lean that he is not a silent. Would be self defeating to the program for a recruit of his stature not to declare and lose out on other top players wanting to join him. An example being Huard's commitment influencing Savell.
    Generally agree but Huard's public commitment didn't influence Savell, Huard himself influenced Savell.

That's a huge difference.
  • Options
    dnc said:

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

FirePete said:

Rumors are he is silent
    Generally agree but Huard's public commitment didn't influence Savell, Huard himself influenced Savell.

dnc said:

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

FirePete said:

Rumors are he is silent

If indeed JT is silent then I guess he could be doing work behind the scenes which is certainly fine. I still don't get why anyone would be a silent. Behind the scenes would work ok with the locals but a public commitment would be more useful in getting some regional/national exposure.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,907
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    FirePete said:

Rumors are he is silent
    but deadly?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    As far as the silent commit comments and debate, I guess it comes down to what constitutes a commitment. I wouldn't be at all surprised if JT or any other big time recruit said something like "I'm all UW coach, but I'm not gonna commit until spring of my senior year."
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    No one seems to note that he's dropped from consensus #1 to #8 at 247 and #3 at Rivals. What happened? I heard he was generational, Clowney type talent.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Silent commits bleh ... lemme know when the ink dries ... and even then it's not even a guarantee.

Ask Kaho how much he weighs currently...
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Emoterman said:

No one seems to note that he's dropped from consensus #1 to #8 at 247 and #3 at Rivals. What happened? I heard he was generational, Clowney type talent.

He's still number one on 247.

His composite dropped because ESPN is FS and ranked him like #40.

He likely won't end up number one on any of the lists because he doesn't gaf and doesn't go to camps and play recruiting games.

All of this has been covered before but is also irrelevant.

He's insanely good.
    Just needed to see 3 snaps and know that he was special.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Rumors are he was silent then watched this season
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Rumors are he was silent then watched this season

No they aren’t
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,099
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    When someone farts and it makes no sound but smells, is that silent but deadly or silent and violent?
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I can guarantee you he's not a silent to UW.

...And while we are in a good spot with him, he's no slam dunk