Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

JT Tuimoloau, 5* 2021 DL, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 9/22/17)

Comments

• Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    animate said:

Oregon supposedly flew DeForest Buckner, Arik Armstead, Ngata, and Herbert in for the JTT visit

Have to admit that's pretty baller.

I've always said to bring in vita vea and his superbowl ring and have him drive jtt around ... that's probably the best recruiting one could ever have.
    The recruiting coordinator tweeted out a picture wearing Ngata’s ring with the Ravens.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,132
    lawsandl said:

animate said:

Oregon supposedly flew DeForest Buckner, Arik Armstead, Ngata, and Herbert in for the JTT visit

Have to admit that's pretty baller.

I've always said to bring in vita vea and his superbowl ring and have him drive jtt around ... that's probably the best recruiting one could ever have.
    The recruiting coordinator tweeted out a picture wearing Ngata’s ring with the Ravens.
    Did his wife convert to Mormonism?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,993
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Beno4Life said:

Is that legal?
    Yep. Just say they are there for the track event
    This is what caring about football looks like.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,718
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hopefully they had someone to let JTT know who those no natty former ducks are
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555

Cristobal is really going all out with the alumni base. It’s a coordinated effort.
  • Options
    bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Problem is the us Supreme Court voted against it
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    Emoterman said:

Beno4Life said:

Baseman said:

"I was looking forward to what they had and they had everything we wanted and needed."

That says it all.

Really? I thought this said it all:

“…it’s also really like Washington, just hotter," said Tuimoloau.

• Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Emoterman said:

Beno4Life said:

Baseman said:

"I was looking forward to what they had and they had everything we wanted and needed."

That says it all.

Wood x 2
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    Emoterman said:

Emoterman said:

Beno4Life said:

Baseman said:

That says it all.

Wood x 2
    Same,
    -
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Emoterman said:

Emoterman said:

Beno4Life said:

Baseman said:

That says it all.

Wood x 2
    Same,
    -
    Look what you have created Derek.
  • Options
    LB_33LB_33 Member Posts: 323
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

TommySQC said:

Tequilla said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Tequilla said:

Baseman said:

Visit report from SC. Pretty basic

The visit also included a helicopter ride of Los Angeles.

And as much as USC tried to convince Tuimoloau to come play his college football in Los Angeles, it took that much coaxing to get him on the helicopter.

“It was my first time being on a helicopter and it took a lot of convincing,” said Tuimoloau. “But It was a great view. I saw the Santa Monica Pier, all of LA, we went to the Hollywood Sign, went over the ocean and it was great. We didn’t just see the campus, we saw everywhere around L.A.

While he was airborne, his parents stayed on the ground.

“It was just me up there,” said Tuimoloau.

Tuimoloau was hosted by Jordan Iosefa on the visit.

“Jordan was my host and he was a great dude,” said Tuimoloau. “He loves USC, loves being there, and he sets it straight and he doesn’t sugarcoat things. That was one of the big things, I’m glad I had that on the visit, with him being my host, that was a great part of my trip and I had fun with the Poly players.

Tuimoloau spent a lot of time with current Trojan players.

“I was with Vavae Malepeai, Drake Jackson, Korey Foreman for a good amount, Drake Lodnon and then Julien Simon came by,” said Tuimoloau.

It was also an opportunity to meet with Foreman, who was ranked right behind Tuimoloau in the 247Sports rankings as the No. 2 player nationally in the 2021 class.

“I have nothing but respect for him,” said Tuimoloau. “We didn’t talk rankings or anything, we just talked football and how much we respect each other. It’s rare to talk with someone like that.”

There was also ample time with the Trojan coaches.

“I was with coach (Clay) Helton and coach Vic (So’oto) most of the visit and then the helicopter. And then I talked with coach TO (Todd Orlando) when I was on the ground. I also talked with coach (Graham) Harrell, coach (Seth) Doege and coach Donte (Williams).”

A two-sport star, Tuimoloau boasts a pair of Pac-12 basketball offers, he also got to spend time with the USC basketball coaches.

“I got to talk to coach (Andy) Enfield and coach (Jason) Hart toured me around campus. His son played EYBL and he said he remembered watching me in that.”

Tuimoloau also got to walk in the Coliseum.

“The Coliseum is big,” said Tuimoloau. “It was my first time inside the Coliseum since Uncle Rey (Maualuga) played.”

During the photo shoot, Tuimoloau wore the No. 33 jersey but he also sported the No. 55 jersey that many greats wore during their time at USC.

“When I went outside and the majority of my visit, I got to wear the No. 55,” said Tuimoloau. “My dad told me how special that number really is at USC.”

Tuimoloau sat down with the Trojan staffers and athletic administration to talk NIL and the USC BLVD campaign.

“We talked a lot about the NIL and they way they structure it,” said Tuimoloau.

There were also plenty of meetings with the coaches about USC’s defensive scheme and how he’d be used.

“Coach TO showed us their defensive installment, talking more about what we did on Zoom, and I saw them in team meetings,” said Tuimoloau. “I also got up to see their 7am weight lifting.”

Tuimoloau said the food they ate was also top-notch.

“They fed me really good,” said Tuimoloau. “We went to Flemings Steakhouse, Crustacean, Homestate Breakfast Tacos and The Griddle.”

With his second trip under his belt, Tuimoloau heads out to Ohio State this weekend for visit No. 3, returns home and hits Oregon before wrapping his visits up with a trip to Alabama.

“Overall, it was a great visit,” said Tuimoloau. “They were respectful, we had good meetings, the energy was good and everyone was up the whole trip,” said Tuimoloau.

Dick Baird took Willie McGinest to the Met. Steakhouse

"How's your steak, Willie?" Baird asked.
    McGinest was hunched over, his mouth full, and carving up another bite (large). "Good, coach," he said without looking up.
    ""You're not coming here are you Willie?" Baird asked.
    McGinest. didn't hesitate. "Nope."
    I laughed ...

The big difference today is that that recruiting visit at this point moves from the "You're not coming here are you" to "We aren't naive to the fact that you're not coming here right away, but we do want to make sure that we establish a good relationship with you and know what we have to offer in case you enter the portal, we'll still be interested in talking"
    Lots here don't like the Baird shtick. I love coach. Funny mother fucker and ball dog. He never bashes the kids publicly but make no mistake he was a recruiting MF and was all about going after the best players. You would never see Pete or Jimmy trip Willie McGinest knowing he was a USC lock. Baird's attitude was fuck it, they (the kid) buys or dies. If he shows any interest take a shot.
    Baird was great in person. That's what made his radio support of Ty so maddening

He said differently privately but yeah that was maddening.
    Why you always take what’s said publicly with a grain of salt

It’s what isn’t said that means something
    I just don't listen to that garbage. KJR. KIRO. All shit and a waste of time.
    Most shit is
    Tequilla said:

TommySQC said:

Tequilla said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Tequilla said:

Baseman said:

Visit report from SC. Pretty basic

The visit also included a helicopter ride of Los Angeles.

And as much as USC tried to convince Tuimoloau to come play his college football in Los Angeles, it took that much coaxing to get him on the helicopter.

“It was my first time being on a helicopter and it took a lot of convincing,” said Tuimoloau. “But It was a great view. I saw the Santa Monica Pier, all of LA, we went to the Hollywood Sign, went over the ocean and it was great. We didn’t just see the campus, we saw everywhere around L.A.

While he was airborne, his parents stayed on the ground.

“It was just me up there,” said Tuimoloau.

Tuimoloau was hosted by Jordan Iosefa on the visit.

“Jordan was my host and he was a great dude,” said Tuimoloau. “He loves USC, loves being there, and he sets it straight and he doesn’t sugarcoat things. That was one of the big things, I’m glad I had that on the visit, with him being my host, that was a great part of my trip and I had fun with the Poly players.

Tuimoloau spent a lot of time with current Trojan players.

“I was with Vavae Malepeai, Drake Jackson, Korey Foreman for a good amount, Drake Lodnon and then Julien Simon came by,” said Tuimoloau.

It was also an opportunity to meet with Foreman, who was ranked right behind Tuimoloau in the 247Sports rankings as the No. 2 player nationally in the 2021 class.

“I have nothing but respect for him,” said Tuimoloau. “We didn’t talk rankings or anything, we just talked football and how much we respect each other. It’s rare to talk with someone like that.”

There was also ample time with the Trojan coaches.

“I was with coach (Clay) Helton and coach Vic (So’oto) most of the visit and then the helicopter. And then I talked with coach TO (Todd Orlando) when I was on the ground. I also talked with coach (Graham) Harrell, coach (Seth) Doege and coach Donte (Williams).”

A two-sport star, Tuimoloau boasts a pair of Pac-12 basketball offers, he also got to spend time with the USC basketball coaches.

“I got to talk to coach (Andy) Enfield and coach (Jason) Hart toured me around campus. His son played EYBL and he said he remembered watching me in that.”

Tuimoloau also got to walk in the Coliseum.

“The Coliseum is big,” said Tuimoloau. “It was my first time inside the Coliseum since Uncle Rey (Maualuga) played.”

During the photo shoot, Tuimoloau wore the No. 33 jersey but he also sported the No. 55 jersey that many greats wore during their time at USC.

“When I went outside and the majority of my visit, I got to wear the No. 55,” said Tuimoloau. “My dad told me how special that number really is at USC.”

Tuimoloau sat down with the Trojan staffers and athletic administration to talk NIL and the USC BLVD campaign.

“We talked a lot about the NIL and they way they structure it,” said Tuimoloau.

There were also plenty of meetings with the coaches about USC’s defensive scheme and how he’d be used.

“Coach TO showed us their defensive installment, talking more about what we did on Zoom, and I saw them in team meetings,” said Tuimoloau. “I also got up to see their 7am weight lifting.”

Tuimoloau said the food they ate was also top-notch.

“They fed me really good,” said Tuimoloau. “We went to Flemings Steakhouse, Crustacean, Homestate Breakfast Tacos and The Griddle.”

With his second trip under his belt, Tuimoloau heads out to Ohio State this weekend for visit No. 3, returns home and hits Oregon before wrapping his visits up with a trip to Alabama.

“Overall, it was a great visit,” said Tuimoloau. “They were respectful, we had good meetings, the energy was good and everyone was up the whole trip,” said Tuimoloau.

Dick Baird took Willie McGinest to the Met. Steakhouse

"How's your steak, Willie?" Baird asked.
    McGinest was hunched over, his mouth full, and carving up another bite (large). "Good, coach," he said without looking up.
    ""You're not coming here are you Willie?" Baird asked.
    McGinest. didn't hesitate. "Nope."
    I laughed ...

The big difference today is that that recruiting visit at this point moves from the "You're not coming here are you" to "We aren't naive to the fact that you're not coming here right away, but we do want to make sure that we establish a good relationship with you and know what we have to offer in case you enter the portal, we'll still be interested in talking"
    Lots here don't like the Baird shtick. I love coach. Funny mother fucker and ball dog. He never bashes the kids publicly but make no mistake he was a recruiting MF and was all about going after the best players. You would never see Pete or Jimmy trip Willie McGinest knowing he was a USC lock. Baird's attitude was fuck it, they (the kid) buys or dies. If he shows any interest take a shot.
    Baird was great in person. That's what made his radio support of Ty so maddening

He said differently privately but yeah that was maddening.
    Why you always take what’s said publicly with a grain of salt

It’s what isn’t said that means something
    I just don't listen to that garbage. KJR. KIRO. All shit and a waste of time.
    Most shit is
    So you’re saying most shit is shit. Must not be a corn on the cob guy

• Options
    mrdoogmrdoog Member Posts: 203
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Huff was on the radio today. Said Oregon ahead of UW, always has been. Tf. It’s an Ohio St vs Oregon battle and if he wants to stay home it’s Oregon.
  • Options
    mrdoog said:

Huff was on the radio today. Said Oregon ahead of UW, always has been. Tf. It’s an Ohio St vs Oregon battle and if he wants to stay home it’s Oregon.

Not a shocker.
  • Options
    Sounds like he enjoyed his Oregon visit better than UW
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    mrdoog said:

You have an odd definition of always