Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I can't stand the we would have to start all over crowd

dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
This argument is stupid, when Kelly took over for Belloti did they have to start over. It's clear sark isn't doing the job however he has assembled a bunch of talent at skill positions which the next coach who values line play discipline and special teams can use. When a coach gets fired the next coach uses the fruits of the previous coaches labor all the time

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    "Starting over" isn't a big deal if you have the right coach.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    It is a fallacious argument that has been disproven a thousand times over.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    fellated argument.
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858
    Chip Kelly is a bad example. He came within the program, so they didn't change the entire system.

Brand new head coach with all new assistant coaches could create a start over (depending on the new coaches system).
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    It is without question the biggest myth ever invented in college football. Especially in this day and age of sports. Baird is a big pusher of this myth.
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,858
    Yes, but that is a big "if". UW has been wrong now for 4 coaches.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,107 Founders Club
    alumni94 said:

Yes, but that is a big "if". UW has been wrong now for 4 coaches.

Now you're catching on. Clean house from the top. Its still no reason to keep Sark
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,727
    Hugh still defending that sark is doing it the right way as of 10 minutes ago.

People said you could never win at Stanford... let alone in 2.5 years.
  • Nobody has ever won at Stanford like Harbaugh had. You have to go back 40 years.

His 1-10 team had a lot less talent than our 0-12 team.

The right coach can turn it around quickly.

You don't need six, seven, eight years to find out if he's the guy or not.

He proved after year three he wasn't.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,159
    You only have to start over when the previous coach has damaged the product beyond repair. Give Sark another year and that is a posibility
  • If you don't start over when it's abundantly clear you have the wrong coach, you go 1-10 (2004) or 0-12 (2008)

You would think these idiots would connect the dots. Instead they think that happened because of lack of coaching stability.

I don't get how these people can be so fucking stupid.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650

If you don't start over when it's abundantly clear you have the wrong coach, you go 1-10 (2004) or 0-12 (2008)

You would think these idiots would connect the dots. Instead they think that happened because of lack of coaching stability.

I don't get how these people can be so fucking stupid.
    I think these idiots must not have paid attention when coloring during kindergarten. They probably should have been held back for the first three of their primary school years, but to our chagrin, they were passed on. Some no doubt graduated from high school; some may have a college degree, even from WA (I shudder).

It is incredibly frustrating how stoopid these doogs are.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    edited October 2013

You only have to start over when the previous coach has damaged the product beyond repair. Give Sark another year and that is a posibility

Sadly there is too much talent on the roster for Sark to do that next year. Unfortunately, I think it takes him 2-3 more years to fire himself.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650

Sadly there is too much talent on the roster for Sark to do that next year. Unfortunately, I think it takes him 2-3 more years to fire himself.
    Shit, things are worse than I imagined. 2-3 more years before he shits, I mean, fires himself. I can't wait that long. What are my choices? Orange or blue jumpsuit? Not prepared for either sacrifice.
  • DeLarryDeLarry Member Posts: 230
    edited October 2013
    Yeah. It's now or never. Next year the schedule is even easier - and
    you know that if Sark wins 8 games in year 6 as sufficient progress. If Sark manages to get the 4 likely wins built into the front of the schedule, and his usual 4-5 against the conference, he's finally reached 8-5, and with a December bowl loss he's coach for life.

The only thing that saves the program from that is a bedshitting this year to finish 6-6. Even then, he's probably back anyway.