Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Analysis on Long Term Growth of HH

2»

Comments

• GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    MisterEm said:

Work safe and HHB are mutually exlusive.

I prefer it that way.

HTH.

If that is how you feel then so shall it ever be, no one would force you to turn on the template.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,174

there is a bit too much long winded analysis going on, like somebody posting how post James and pre-james numbers are about the same.

I was wondering if I emphasized those numbers enough. I guess not. I would not say they are about the same. 0.57:0.5 ~ 7:6. In modern day season lengths, post-James coaches (including Sark) are about one win per season worse.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    Great post CollegeDoog. Totally agree on the recruiting stuff. There is a lid on this site with no recruiting coverage. Cover recruiting, the lid comes off.

And I second Kobe's nomination. Call it The Teen Stocking Bored.

Done and done.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,378 Founders Club
    dnc said:

Great post CollegeDoog. Totally agree on the recruiting stuff. There is a lid on this site with no recruiting coverage. Cover recruiting, the lid comes off.

And I second Kobe's nomination. Call it The Teen Stocking Bored.

Done and done.

I'm not sure a large segment of the type of people who closely follow recruiting would be able to "hang" in this place. Maybe? I really have no idea. Does ShaggyBevo have a recruiting area? If so, HH could probably pull it off.

I nominate Passion to be in charge of it. He is our resident KING of teen boy stalking.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,378 Founders Club
    Also, the fuck is "work safe?"
  • BiggusDickusBiggusDickus Member Posts: 553
    Shaggy Bevo's recruiting page is called "RC Didn't Offer."

Ours could be "WDWHA," or "The Fence." But we'd need someone to stock the teen boys and write about it.
  • BiggusDickusBiggusDickus Member Posts: 553
    Dawgman is the cage holding back our fanbase:

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,662 Founders Club
    edited October 2013
    Pretty good analysis

Some of the jokes, both inside and otherwise, that have been going since 2006, 2007, and 2008 can get a little stale. They're good to hold on to, but I kind of a roll my eyes at some of them. Roll them out once in awhile is my unsolicited advice.

Re: Harvey

Never been a big fan. He can be funny, but I never understood the hype... He can be on interesting and a f****** idiot too.

All that said I remember when he got banned. It was right after a wave of people came over after Kim's fucktarded OR sanction prediction was way off. Anyway, I'll just say the way it went down was b******* and I'll leave it at that.

Re: Recruiting

Having a monthly or even a weekly blog is a good idea IMO. You could post YouTube highlights of recruits too. People live for that s***. I don't follow it real closely until December and January, but it is an important process. If it was done right it would slice intoDoogman's biz even more.
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    edited October 2013
    My recommendation would be to add a recruiting specific board to Hardcore Husky and/or have a poster here who follows recruiting write a monthly update on Husky recruiting.

Good idea, I nominate you. Are you ok w/ pro-boner work?
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    The best thing about this forum is very little censorship. I wasn't here when Harvey Road was poaching and subsequently banned. Can't imagine what he (or she) did to get banned. I got very frustrated with this forum leading up to and shortly after the Stanford loss. I wanted to believe what wasn't true about Sark, i.e., the program had turned the corner and therefore I was viewing this site as the last refuge of negadawgs. So I tried to delete my account. Couldn't. So, I changed my email address. Got a new email address confirmation request. Replied, "Fuck off." Then got an email from Derek Johnson that was amazingly eloquent in its brevity: "Huh?" I climbed back aboard when the Oregon loss clearly revealed (yeah, I can be a little slow at times) the charade is over, just as the fucking season and the entire WA football program is over, as long as Sark is HC.

So, I am buzzed tonight, and fessing up a bit. I like this site a lot. Freedom of speech and expression are very important too me. I never joined dawgman, but have handles at UW Dawg Pound and Seattle Times. I almost think it might be fun to join dawgman and lurk, before posting content to get banned. LOL. The other two sites are all too typically doogish. It is very depressing when so-called fans are clueless about having a successful, winning program at UW again.

My take on the dawgman bashing, gifs (unlike Race Bannon I am not cuming around to tattooed women), inside and outside jokes (don't get them all, but figure learning is the price of admission), and anything perceived negative about the site it that it reflects the present shitty state of the football program.

Can you imagine how much fun and different this site would be if we were picking mice turds out of pepper over critiques of a 13-0 or 14-0 national title winning season?

Hope we can have such fun before I join Don James in the grave. He had 28 years on me, but a whole hell of a lot more Husky football pride.