Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to UW Football historians

2»

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Gladstone said:

That particular 1960 SI issue was saved at our house and I read it multiple times. He was on the cover the week they lost at home to Navy and Joe Bellino, the only loss of the year. Then he hurt his shoulder. SI jinx

He led the Huskies to a 10-1 record in 1959 with a Rose Bowl win then was back for 1960.

After the injury he returned for the Rose Bowl where he led the Huskies to the National Championship over Minnesota. Fuck the fuck off boobs.

Without him in 1960 the Huskies were the cardiac kids with a notable big comeback win over Terry Baker and the Beavers. They did beat USC and some new coach named John McKay 34-0.

All of you use google. I go from memory

Write a fucking book.
    How to cope with a pathetic football program for 15 years for dummies
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    edited September 2017

That particular 1960 SI issue was saved at our house and I read it multiple times. He was on the cover the week they lost at home to Navy and Joe Bellino, the only loss of the year. Then he hurt his shoulder. SI jinx

He led the Huskies to a 10-1 record in 1959 with a Rose Bowl win then was back for 1960.

After the injury he returned for the Rose Bowl where he led the Huskies to the National Championship over Minnesota. Fuck the fuck off boobs.

Without him in 1960 the Huskies were the cardiac kids with a notable big comeback win over Terry Baker and the Beavers. They did beat USC and some new coach named John McKay 34-0.

The 1960 natty claim has some merit, but people forget that undefeated Missouri beat Navy that season in the Orange Bowl.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

The 1960 natty claim has some merit.

¿Da fuq? is going on here. Boobs must be signaling he's been captured be the Symbionese

Gladstone said:

Write a fucking book.
    Show fans how not to act in 20-30 years
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,482 Swaye's Wigwam

*all yous use google

¿Da fuq? is going on here. Boobs must be signaling he's been captured be the Symbionese
    Northern Illinois.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

Northern Illinois.
    Yeah, solid whoosh. Was Hoping that one stayed thudded
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,372 Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

Any interesting anecdotes about this dude?

"If you need it sold, call Schloredt"
  • GrandpaSankeyGrandpaSankey Member Posts: 956

In 2005 he showed up for a barbecue for former players and was introduced to Tyrone Willingham. The UW coach didn't know who Schloredt was.

"He was a great guy," Schloredt said. "I like the fact of them having 6:30 a.m. meetings and haircuts. It's just a lot more discipline. That's what Washington football is all about. It got really lackadaisical. We're on the way back. No matter what we do, it's going to be upward."

His eye is not as good as mine