Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jordan Lolohea Gone to Michigan Confirmed

2»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:

not a peep from this kid in ages, is he still planning on enrolling at UW in 2019?

Been wondering the same thing. Would seem that we're in better shape for him now then we were when we got his LOI given Taimani's signing, the Poly movement in general and the multiple Mormons we've added.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Door to door religion sales in Detroit. Must be a great life.

That's what happens when you don't commit to BYU.
    At least he is not in the fucking Congo getting sick from maleria and shit
    Detroit is worse.
    It's bad, but not 3rd world bad Flint bad.
    There may not be much but I think you can find potable drinking water in the Congo.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Door to door religion sales in Detroit. Must be a great life.

That's what happens when you don't commit to BYU.
    At least he is not in the fucking Congo getting sick from maleria and shit
    Detroit is worse.
    It's bad, but not 3rd world bad
    Flint, Michigan hasn't had clean drinking water since April 2014. Sounds 3rd World bad to me.
    Fuck. I should read the whole thread before posting. I'm a Feeb.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
  • Options
    Del_GriffithDel_Griffith Member Posts: 128
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Is Lolohea still on track to join the program as part of the 2020 recruiting class?
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,062
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Facebook profile still states he is a UW commit. Last update has him in Toledo Ohio.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I may be wrong but I believe Petersen said in his signing day press conference that Lolohea would be joining the team in January 2020. I do know somebody ask about him.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Does he still fit the profile of a guy we want to take? It'd be pretty uncharacteristic of Petersen to revoke an offer now after presumably promising him a spot, but given the caliber of DL we've taken in the last two classes I'm not sure he meets the new standard.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Does he still fit the profile of a guy we want to take? It'd be pretty uncharacteristic of Petersen to revoke an offer now after presumably promising him a spot, but given the caliber of DL we've taken in the last two classes I'm not sure he meets the new standard.

That’s a good question. Petersmens won’t revoke the scholly, he just won’t. Perhaps they would encourage him to consider whether BYU might be the right place now.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

He fits what we want. He has a nice low base and quick as a cat. Definitely, lil more fast twitch than Zion imo based on high school tape. Hopefully he not completely out of shape
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

He's not a DL is he?
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,062
    Swaye's Wigwam
    There is definitely a benefit for wanting someone like Lolohea in the program. This is the type of guy Utah lives on, but generally with less fanfare, that is Utah doesn't routinely reel in 4 stars, they get big poly's who are undervalued, then let them go on missions, come back more physically and mentally mature, then let them develop over four years into 24 year old dlinemen who cause trouble for the majority of the league. Imagine if they got 4 star guys? With that he will probably need some time in the weight room, but will also have five to play four.

• Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

He's not a DL is he?
    No, he will be an OLB.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    FirePete said:

He fits what we want. He has a nice low base and quick as a cat. Definitely, lil more fast twitch than Zion imo based on high school tape. Hopefully he not completely out of shape
    Its also nice to get two free years of physical maturing.

If there are any college hockey fans here...almost everyone goes to play juniors for a year or two first then comes to school as a grown ass man. Huge advantage.
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2019

<<b class="Bold">If there are any college hockey fans here...almost everyone goes to play juniors for a year or two first then comes to school as a grown ass man. Huge advantage.

Right here.