Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Salvon Ahmed

2»

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,527 Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

Can someone tell me how a kid who has never been under 11 seconds in the 100 meters, and has barely broken 23 seconds in the 200 (for comparison, the Swede was a 23 second 200 guy in HS), gets so much speed hype? I know he's got the hips ... but he's always referred to as the fastest guy on the team. How can that be?

Back in my day, Warshington had swarms of dudes who could go sub-11 in the 100 meters. There's fast, and there's hype fast. Roc Alexander was hype-fast; this kid is shifty, but not fast, fast. Why do people say he replaces the speed lost with Ross ... he's not within 10 meters of Ross (who was in the 10.6 range in HS) in a 100 meter dash.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't really looked into stats to support or refute it, but I think Wa high school sprinters are hampered a bit by the weather. Its cold and shitty during most of HS track season where I live.
    Some of these guys turn out faster, relative to their peers from warm weather states, once they're side by side.

It's a theory. Maybe its a bullshit excuse. Either way he seems pretty fast.
    Most WA high school sprinters are white too.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

chuck said:

MisterEm said:

Can someone tell me how a kid who has never been under 11 seconds in the 100 meters, and has barely broken 23 seconds in the 200 (for comparison, the Swede was a 23 second 200 guy in HS), gets so much speed hype? I know he's got the hips ... but he's always referred to as the fastest guy on the team. How can that be?

Back in my day, Warshington had swarms of dudes who could go sub-11 in the 100 meters. There's fast, and there's hype fast. Roc Alexander was hype-fast; this kid is shifty, but not fast, fast. Why do people say he replaces the speed lost with Ross ... he's not within 10 meters of Ross (who was in the 10.6 range in HS) in a 100 meter dash.

So you're saying he's not Cane fast?
    Like our? fullback in the whammy? Richard Thomas iirc?

Haha burn Creep

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Fuck You!!!!! Stop living in the past.
    Being a Canes fan is, by definition, living in the past.
    like most of us during 2003-2015 period
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,950

chuck said:

MisterEm said:

Haha burn Creep

Btp just said it but it was electronically timed at the opening and that is amongst some of the best of his peers nationally when it was determined at. A 4.32. Anything else?

A simple google search would have relayed that info instead a weak rant. I don't care if the kid is fast or not really. But measuring speed for football with a 200 or 100 meter time is beyond stupid. Are you eklunds wife or something because you seem dead stuck on this same narrative like him regardless of what facts are out there.
    You seem to care ... a lot. And who's eklund?
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

chuck said:

MisterEm said:

Haha burn Creep

Btp just said it but it was electronically timed at the opening and that is amongst some of the best of his peers nationally when it was determined at. A 4.32. Anything else?

A simple google search would have relayed that info instead a weak rant. I don't care if the kid is fast or not really. But measuring speed for football with a 200 or 100 meter time is beyond stupid. Are you eklunds wife or something because you seem dead stuck on this same narrative like him regardless of what facts are out there.
    It was by far the best time in the cuntry actually.