Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Salvon Ahmed

Only two scrimmages in, how do you feel about Pete burning his Redshirt?

Comments

• QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,291 Swaye's Wigwam
    I assume his game-breaking ability helps us some time this season, so I like it.
  • BrickSquadBrickSquad Member Posts: 1,658
    HuskyJW said:

Redshirt him so he can only play 2 years for UW?

OK!

He was more athletic against a FCS school calm your jets
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Hopefully the next guy is right in line to be recruited and playing. Play the players and recruit new ones.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

I assume his game-breaking ability helps us some time this season, so I like it.

I want to see him on kickoff returns instead of Chico
    He was after the Montana touchdown...
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,950
    edited September 2017
    Can someone tell me how a kid who has never been under 11 seconds in the 100 meters, and has barely broken 23 seconds in the 200 (for comparison, the Swede was a 23 second 200 guy in HS), gets so much speed hype? I know he's got the hips ... but he's always referred to as the fastest guy on the team. How can that be?

Back in my day, Warshington had swarms of dudes who could go sub-11 in the 100 meters. There's fast, and there's hype fast. Roc Alexander was hype-fast; this kid is shifty, but not fast, fast. Why do people say he replaces the speed lost with Ross ... he's not within 10 meters of Ross (who was in the 10.6 range in HS) in a 100 meter dash.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter

Can someone tell me how a kid who has never been under 11 seconds in the 100 meters, and has barely broken 23 seconds in the 200 (for comparison, the Swede was a 23 second 200 guy in HS), gets so much speed hype? I know he's got the hips ... but he's always referred to as the fastest guy on the team. How can that be?

Back in my day, Warshington had swarms of dudes who could go sub-11 in the 100 meters. There's fast, and there's hype fast. Roc Alexander was hype-fast; this kid is shifty, but not fast, fast. Why do people say he replaces the speed lost with Ross ... he's not within 10 meters of Ross (who was in the 10.6 range in HS) in a 100 meter dash.

You rarely run straight for 100 or 200 meters in football. Hth. He was one of the fastest kids at the opening among his peers.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792

You rarely run straight for 100 or 200 meters in football. Hth. He was one of the fastest kids at the opening among his peers.
    Exactly. His initial burst and acceleration is elite, which is why he runs a 4.3 40 but not an amazing 100 or 200. At his position, that burst is infinitely more important than top end speed.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    But he has football speed!!11!!!1!!!11!!1!11FUCK11!!!11!!!1ELEVEN11!!!!11!!!!
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam

I haven't really looked into stats to support or refute it, but I think Wa high school sprinters are hampered a bit by the weather. Its cold and shitty during most of HS track season where I live.
    Some of these guys turn out faster, relative to their peers from warm weather states, once they're side by side.

It's a theory. Maybe its a bullshit excuse. Either way he seems pretty fast.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

So you're saying he's not Cane fast?
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,925 Swaye's Wigwam
    MisterEm said:

Like our? fullback in the whammy? Richard Thomas iirc?

Haha burn Creep

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It seems I've upset some of you. I'm really sorry.

Atomic fag, fuck off; the question still stands. Don't be so krisvashon-like.

Kid wasn't even the fastest guy at Juanita. I'm going with the narrative that he doesn't have a legit 4.3. I'm thinking 4.4+.

Sorry.
    chuck said:

MisterEm said:

Haha burn Creep

Fuck You!!!!! Stop living in the past.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

Kid wasn't even the fastest guy at Juanita. I'm going with the narrative that he doesn't have a legit 4.3. I'm thinking 4.4+.

Sorry.

That is still pretty fast
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

Sorry.

It was an electronic timed 4.32
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter

chuck said:

MisterEm said:

Haha burn Creep

Fuck You!!!!! Stop living in the past.
    Btp just said it but it was electronically timed at the opening and that is amongst some of the best of his peers nationally when it was determined at. A 4.32. Anything else?

A simple google search would have relayed that info instead a weak rant. I don't care if the kid is fast or not really. But measuring speed for football with a 200 or 100 meter time is beyond stupid. Are you eklunds wife or something because you seem dead stuck on this same narrative like him regardless of what facts are out there.