Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Thought this said *Ruth*

Would have been more chinteresting that way.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    dnc said:

Thought this said *Ruth*

You know me. I suck at the interwebs.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,070 Founders Club
    Water is wet POTD!
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,559 Founders Club
    He didn't explicitly call it fake news. He implied they were exaggerating the severity of it and sensationalizing it. Low and behold, Miami is now barely in the projected path now. Imagine that.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    Rush had a scheduled this vacation months ago. Fake news.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

He didn't explicitly call it fake news. He implied they were exaggerating the severity of it and sensationalizing it. Low and behold, Miami is now barely in the projected path now. Imagine that.

CHRIST.

It's going to rape some part of Florida.
    Jameis Winston already evacuated.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    2001400ex said:

dnc said:

Thought this said *Ruth*

You know me. I suck at the chinterwebs.
  • RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,527
    edited September 2017
    2001400ex said:

dnc said:

Thought this said *Ruth*

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,892 Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

dnc said:

Thought this said *Ruth*

Helluva Fry Cook, though.

2001400ex said:

dnc said:

Thought this said *Ruth*

Helluva Fry Cook, though.
    I do my best work cooking hamburgers in the microwave.
    He doesn't listen to his own show:

In a transcript of his Tuesday radio show, Limbaugh repeatedly complained about the stores in Palm Beach ― where he lives and broadcasts from ― being out of water despite the uncertainty of the storm’s path.

Limbaugh also claimed the storm was being used to push an environmental agenda. He said, “People in all of these government areas” are “hell-bent” on proving climate change.

“You can accomplish a lot just by creating fear and panic,” he said. “You don’t need a hurricane to hit anywhere. All you need is to create the fear and panic accompanied by talk that climate change is causing hurricanes to become more frequent and bigger and more dangerous, and you create the panic, and it’s mission accomplished, agenda advanced.”

By the way, 70% of Palm Beach County still doesn't have power and the Keys are fucked.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    Why not react to what he actually says rather than what others tell you he said, but intentionally got wrong, to manipulate you?
    doogie said:

Why not react to what he actually says rather than what others tell you he said, but intentionally got wrong, to manipulate you?

That's why I posted what he actually said.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,964

doogie said:

WTF are you talking about? Your quote says nothing about not listening to local law enforcement, hurricanes aren't serious, etc?

Its stupid to go out and empty out bottled water when you can fill up containers at the house...its not like Florida's water supply was contaminated before the storm hit. And its stupid to have people freaked out and evacuating when a storm is 10 days out...it doesn't help anything including the response when the storm gets closer.

All that quote says is that people create hysteria without hurricanes and with hurricanes to try and advance a political agenda, and if you hadn't seen all the recent BS trying to relate Irma and Harvey to global warming then you are blind...

doogie said:

Almost like you didn't build that and we need to pass the bill so we know what's in it.

doogie said:

WTF are you talking about? Your quote says nothing about not listening to local law enforcement, hurricanes aren't serious, etc?

Its stupid to go out and empty out bottled water when you can fill up containers at the house...its not like Florida's water supply was contaminated before the storm hit. And its stupid to have people freaked out and evacuating when a storm is 10 days out...it doesn't help anything including the response when the storm gets closer.

All that quote says is that people create hysteria without hurricanes and with hurricanes to try and advance a political agenda, and if you hadn't seen all the recent BS trying to relate Irma and Harvey to global warming then you are blind...

Nobody was told to evacuate 10 days before. Great hysteria there.

Feel free to address the part about not needing the hurricanes to hit anywhere. This is the first time ever that two CAT 4 storms have hit the US in the same year.

• RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,527
    Limbaugh wants to dog on the media for over hyping natural disasters, fine, there is a point to be made there. I think the problem has more to do with people in general loving to watch death and destruction and the media just giving it's audience what it wants.

If media was over hyping Irma then where should you get more accurate information? Limbaugh should say don't listen to the media go to the source: hurricane prediction models, NWS and NOAA...etc. He can't say this though because he probably shits all over these agencies about climate change.

If the keys didn't get fucked Limbaugh would probably be crowing about how the experts got it wrong and he was right all along.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,964

doogie said:

Nobody was told to evacuate 10 days before. Great hysteria there.

Feel free to address the part about not needing the hurricanes to hit anywhere. This is the first time ever that two CAT 4 storms have hit the US in the same year.

Science and facts are hard.

The record in consecutive hits to the US of major was in 1933, when 2 major hurricanes hit 23 hours apart. We have had a 12 year lull in the US between major hurricanes hitting, the longest of recorded history (something like 150+ years). The last 40 years have been some of the quietest on record for hurricanes.

But continue on...