Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    edited October 2013
    Wow, James has continuing influence on top programs like Alabama, but not WA anymore. Time to change that. Where's a damn genie in a bottle when I need one? My wishes for new WA HC: Saban, Mora, or Pinkel.

Gonna dream, might as well dream big.
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    What Saban said about head coaches these days spending so much time being their own coordinators that they don't (or can't) delegate to and mentor their staff as DJ did,...... I've noticed that most of the truly successful coaches in college football don't spend time on the sideline during games coordinating anything, offense or defense, at least it doesn't look like it. There are exceptions of course like Chip Kelly was at Oregon and Pete Carroll was at SC.
  • Washington would be Washington again if you hire Mora. Unlike Sark, Mora actually is a great recruiter. He would actually bring in toughness to our teams.

He would also lock up this area.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Tailgater said:

What Saban said about head coaches these days spending so much time being their own coordinators that they don't (or can't) delegate to and mentor their staff as DJ did,...... I've noticed that most of the truly successful coaches in college football don't spend time on the sideline during games coordinating anything, offense or defense, at least it doesn't look like it. There are exceptions of course like Chip Kelly was at Oregon and Pete Carroll was at SC.

the job of a head coach has taken over a completely different meaning nowadays. I miss 80's and 90's when the HC was a CEO and nothing else
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

Washington would be Washington again if you hire Mora. Unlike Sark, Mora actually is a great recruiter. He would actually bring in toughness to our teams.

He would also lock up this area.

Mora is a bonafied closer.
    Sark is a poseur at best.

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    If we got Mora we would need to hire a pretty bitchin' offensive coordinator.