Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NFL ratings slide continues

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/nfl-tv-ratings-slide-worries-wall-street-1041187

NFL's ratings woes continued in Week 2, and Wall Street is taking notice, given there are fewer excuses for falling viewership than there were a year ago when Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump were distracting TV-watching Americans.

While NFL games remain some of the most-watched content on television, ratings slid 12 percent in the NFL's opening weekend, with many blaming Hurricane Irma. But without dramatic weather, the second weekend was off 15 percent year-over-year. This comes after an 8 percent ratings slump last season.
    Boring games are the real issue.

They will continue to go down. Millennials and whatever the next group is named don't watch tv.

All televised sports are fucked in 20 years.
  • Options
    He is tougher on black football players than white supremacists.

I wonder why.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I wonder why.
    Not a black/white issue, it's a respect/disrespect issue. There are probably white players doing it do.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited September 2017
    what happened to your love of free speech?

calling for people who you disagree with to be fired is fine.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

I wonder why.
    Not a black/white issue, it's a respect/disrespect issue. There are probably white players doing it do.
    my ass.
    it's called dog whistling.
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

It's a business. Serve the customers or get fired. These guys are pissing off the customers. Not a good business plan going forward.
  • Options

dhdawg said:

It's a business. Serve the customers or get fired. These guys are pissing off the customers. Not a good business plan going forward.
    Their customers are easily offended snowflakes.

Fuck them.
  • Options

dhdawg said:

"The customers are easily offended snowflakes.

Fuck them."
    Boobs the burger flipper mutters angrily under his breath as he hocks a loogey on the customer's quarter pounder.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuck the NFL for taking the stance they did. How self-absorbed must you be to think your employees "cause" is more important to Americans than taking 2 minutes to honor the men and women who fought for and many who injured/died protecting our freedoms including being able to play a sport for big $

I will not buy or probably wear another piece of hawk gear again. A couple who normally meets at a bar to watch the games with my wife didn't go today because of it, and a 40 year lifelong Hawk fan who would literally skip the birth of his child to watch the Seahawks went for a ride on his Harley instead of watching the game. Until this stuff all started, there would have been no odds on earth I would have taken for him to miss a game to go on a bike ride.

I hope NFL ratings go down by another 25% because of all this.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    godawgst said:

Fuck the NFL for taking the stance they did. How self-absorbed must you be to think your employees "cause" is more important to Americans than taking 2 minutes to honor the men and women who fought for and many who injured/died protecting our freedoms including being able to play a sport for big $

I will not buy or probably wear another piece of hawk gear again. A couple who normally meets at a bar to watch the games with my wife didn't go today because of it, and a 40 year lifelong Hawk fan who would literally skip the birth of his child to watch the Seahawks went for a ride on his Harley instead of watching the game. Until this stuff all started, there would have been no odds on earth I would have taken for him to miss a game to go on a bike ride.

The NFL values its employees.

This is a good thing in a free society.

If you think your little snowflake heart is more important than the players are, you suck.
  • Options

godawgst said:

If you think your little snowflake heart is more important than the players are, you suck.
    When your employees are fucking around, acting like faggots, dissing the customers, and you side with them over the customers, lets see how long you're going to stay in business.

I wonder if any of these overpaid, entitled sore losers would really put it on the line and quit football if owners start cracking down. Probably not. Money will always trump their fake outrage.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

godawgst said:

When your employees are fucking around, acting like faggots, dissing the customers, and you side with them over the customers, lets see how long you're going to stay in business.

I wonder if any of these overpaid, entitled sore losers would really put it on the line and quit football if owners start cracking down. Probably not. Money will always trump their fake outrage.
    That's a great idea. What if one owner had the balls to simply say that if you can't stand/kneel, whatever and respect the flag and what it stands for, I will fine you 50k which will then be donated into the wounded warriors fund (my choice), or if you want to really stuff it in their ass, a program that supports the social cause they are supporting. In addition each time you choose to do it again, the fine doubles.

How many more weeks would this go on for? o/u would be 2
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

godawgst said:

Not to Colorado last two games and pile on, but is this the same NFL who again values it's employees so much, yet the founding father of the movement (Colin K) magically is not one of the 75 best qb's in America (wink wink) and has been unofficially blackballed? You'd think there would be at least one brave owner willing to throw him a bone for the feel good story it would generate.
  • Options
    godawgst said:

godawgst said:

Is this the same NFL who hid CTE from their "valuable" employees for the last how many years 15-20

Right on the free society, wrong on the platform they are choosing to stage it on.

My snowflake heart is not any more important than theirs. I just think a bunch of 1%'s players and their owners living in their ivory tower cocoon's are missing from a business decision that their customers (tv viewers) do not agree with how they are choosing to support their cause.

Good poont on CTE.
  • Options
    godawgst said:

godawgst said:

That's a great idea. What if one owner had the balls to simply say that if you can't stand/kneel, whatever and respect the flag and what it stands for, I will fine you 50k which will then be donated into the wounded warriors fund (my choice), or if you want to really stuff it in their ass, a program that supports the social cause they are supporting. In addition each time you choose to do it again, the fine doubles.

How many more weeks would this go on for? o/u would be 2
    There are a lot of Trump donors who own NFL teams. None of them have done this.

Think about it.
  • Options
    edited September 2017

There is a ton of disgust (a lot more than people think) with multi-millionaire athletes disrespecting the sacrifices that millions of dead soldiers made so they can play football instead of wearing a dirty pair of striped pajamas, hoping those "arbeit macht frei" signs really mean what they say. It's disrespectful plain and simple, and people don't dig that. If you want to protest, find another way, this isn't working, and you'll be lumped into the same bucket of scum as antifa in most peoples' minds.

Prediction: owners will start wising up, and the first ones to do it will be rewarded with new fans, or fans that switch loyalty from teams that continue to tolerate this rebellion. Slamming the agenda of the out of orbit left will pay dividends. The election of Trump clearly demonstrates that.

pointing out how much money they make is just total bullshit.
    how dare members of a historically oppressed minority utilize one of the few industries they actually have institutional power to give a voice to those who don't that power. How dare they. Kaepernick may have sacrificed his own career for it, selfish prick.

you can honor the troops and their sacrifices in a number of different ways. just because you've decided that's how they should do it doesn't mean it's the only one.