Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Uber or NFL, which one can tank values faster?

doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    I specifically asked for no racist crap.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    I can't believe the police would disrespect the country by protesting the national anthem.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2017
    What happened to Uber anyway?

I like how this is about the anthem now not cops shooting minorities

I used to sit for the anthem in the 70s. It is an empty gesture designed to rile folks up. It works. Crosses color lines. We can distract folks for another 50 years on it

But it's not what Colin Kaepernick's career fought and died for

It was how he expressed his protest not what he was protesting

Some people need to learn the difference
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    Founders Club
    edited September 2017
    The irony is that awareness couldn't be higher across the country even without athletes refusing to stand for the anthem. I tend to think it's a type of narcissism or guilt at making so much money that they (black NFL athletes) have to show they're down for the cause. Like Jay-Z said, "now I'm down in Tribeca, right next to DeNiro, but I'll be hood forever..."

Like Race said an empty gesture to rile people up. And one rooted in "look-at-me" narcissism.

• UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

The irony is that awareness couldn't be higher across the country even without athletes refusing to stand for the anthem. I tend to think it's a type of narcissism or guilt at making so much money that they (black NFL athletes) have to show they're down for the cause. Like Jay-Z said, "now I'm down in Tribeca, right next to DeNiro, but I'll be hood forever..."

Like Race said an empty gesture to rile people up. And one rooted in "look-at-me" narcissism.

Good point if you ignore Kaepernick's $700k in donations.

Great racist crap as always.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Btw, neither is going to tank.

Uber has one true competitor. It's still a giant company.

The NFL is also still huge. Football isn't going anywhere.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,160
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

It's weird anyone even gives a fuck about the national anthem. The players are dipshits because they aren't going to accomplish anything. Nothing will change. The people who are upset about someone not standing have no life. The song isn't even needed. Nobody would have a worse time at the game if they didn't play it at all. It's a stupid, unnecessary tradition.

You sound like someone that dodged the draft.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    HuskyJW said:

It's weird anyone even gives a fuck about the national anthem. The players are dipshits because they aren't going to accomplish anything. Nothing will change. The people who are upset about someone not standing have no life. The song isn't even needed. Nobody would have a worse time at the game if they didn't play it at all. It's a stupid, unnecessary tradition.

HuskyJW said:

CHRIST.

How old are you?
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,160
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Bump for Justin Herbert