Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

James / Willingham

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,861 Founders Club
"I think Tyrone is a class guy who knows what he's doing. He's got to get some recruits and get to work. Nothing changes."
- Don James, on the day Willingham's hiring at UW was announced.

Tyrone promptly went on vacation to Hawaii. The trip didn't even net UW any FREE PUB!!!

Comments

• ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    All most people posted on doogman after that hire was how much Coach Willingham was just like Don James.

James was a great coach.

The problem is that people want to bring him back by proxy. It was tried with Lambo, then Gilby, and then Coach Willingham was said by all people including the maintenance man in the apartment building I was to be Just Like Don James.

Now certain misguided posters want to continue Don James By Proxy by bringing in such coaches as Mora and Pinkel.

Give it up already! Even dead these people are convinced he can be brought back in the personage of somebody who either played for him or worked with him or whatever. It's embarrasing and ridiculous!
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

All most people posted on doogman after that hire was how much Coach Willingham was just like Don James.

James was a great coach.

The problem is that people want to bring him back by proxy. It was tried with Lambo, then Gilby, and then Coach Willingham was said by all people including the maintenance man in the apartment building I was to be Just Like Don James.

Now certain misguided posters want to continue Don James By Proxy by bringing in such coaches as Mora and Pinkel.

Give it up already! Even dead these people are convinced he can be brought back in the personage of somebody who either played for him or worked with him or whatever. It's embarrasing and ridiculous!

Ty never had any connection to Don James yet people made the comparison.

Not hiring Mora is not going to keep doogs from comparing the next HC to Don James.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Someone had a great post on Dawgman a few days before I was banned. Maybe HuskyFaninNY...

Mentioned how Florida was looking for their Spurrier, Oklahoma their Switzer, Alabama their Bear Bryant, USC their McKay....

Nothings changed. UW is a school that can compete for Rose Bowl's every year and NC's every few years. We can do it if we get the right guy which may be DeRuyter or Mora. Its certainly not the clown who is presently in charge.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,972
    It's not embarrassing or ridiculous to expect your coach to embody the same virtues as Don James, professionalism, attention to detail, loyalty to his charges, commitment to excellence, integrity and responsibility.

What is embarrassing and ridiculous is how much money ($2-$3mm/yr) slack ass coaches pull in with huge senses of entitlement. Most coaches haven't earned the right to make that coin and are benefiting from the extraordinarily high number of unemployed people watching TV having Chick Filet delivered via Fedex from their iPhone on the AT&T network.

A serious man in a position of leadership is what is needed.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    AEB said:

It's not embarrassing or ridiculous to expect your coach to embody the same virtues as Don James, professionalism, attention to detail, loyalty to his charges, commitment to excellence, integrity and responsibility.

What is embarrassing and ridiculous is how much money ($2-$3mm/yr) slack ass coaches pull in with huge senses of entitlement. Most coaches haven't earned the right to make that coin and are benefiting from the extraordinarily high number of unemployed people watching TV having Chick Filet delivered via Fedex from their iPhone on the AT&T network.

If you're going to bash Chick-Fil-A, I am out!! Seriously though, it is the best fast food restaurant I have ever been to.

AEB said:

If you're going to bash Chick-Fil-A, I am out!! Seriously though, it is the best fast food restaurant I have ever been to.

I'm bashing unemployed people
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    all I can say is this board is going to go downhill fast in direct proportion to the number of post about the next Just Like Don James coach. Give it up. Sweet mother of fuck!
    There's not going to be another DJ.

But, there's got to be a coach somewhere between Sark and DJ who can fucking coach Special Teams at a minimum.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    edited October 2013

all I can say is this board is going to go downhill fast in direct proportion to the number of post about the next Just Like Don James coach. Give it up. Sweet mother of fuck!

Please to be linking to any alleged "Just Like Don James Coach" poast on this bored.

I don't think they exist. This certainly isn't one of them. This was a poast about Don James and Ty Willingham.

hth
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959

AEB said:

I won't eat there because of their stance on gay marriage.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    It's funny yo me how people through around the "class guy" "class act" compliment. It's become such a cliche and has very little to do with anything. What does it even mean?
    AEB said:

You can order chik fil a from an iphone?
  • Dawgs4everDawgs4ever Member Posts: 170

It's funny yo me how people through around the "class guy" "class act" compliment. It's become such a cliche and has very little to do with anything. What does it even mean?

It usually means they suck at their job, and there's nothing else nice to say about them.

Who has done that? I have compared Sark's "Dude Brah" persona to Don James no nonsense style. But I could compare that to a number of past and current successful coaches. It's attention to detail. It's preparation. It's working hard until the job is done, not getting a couple credits under your belt and coasting.
  • It's funny yo me how people through around the "class guy" "class act" compliment. It's become such a cliche and has very little to do with anything. What does it even mean?

Damone this post makes you sound like a class act and I'm sure you are a class guy.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499

I could care less
  • CanardCanard Member Posts: 504

AEB said:

I won't eat there because of their stance on gay marriage.
    Which stance are they supposed to have, a bent over and inviting one?