Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

HOW THE FUCK DO WE COMPETE?

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,971
    doogville said:

We would handle FSU (rather easily)

Lol
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Playoffs or bust, lol. I know the feeling. But you know it's 90% chance of busting right out of the gate. When you clowns meltdown over the first loss, it's going to be entertaining. The next 2 or 3 after that won't hurt as bad though. Once you get some perspective about how truly hard it is to get there, you'll be ok.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,518 Swaye's Wigwam

doogie said:

Baseman said:

If you are watching these elite recruiting teams play this weekend, how in the fuck are we supposed to compete against this?!?!?!

My god. Ryan bowman played like 25 snaps for us, BBK, Conor O'Brien, Sean Constantine, Shane Bowman, Jesse Sossebee, It goes on.

Fucking shit, man.

If you are watching these elite recruiting teams play this weekend, how in the fuck are we supposed to compete against this?!?!?!

My god. Ryan bowman played like 25 snaps for us, BBK, Conor O'Brien, Sean Constantine, Shane Bowman, Jesse Sossebee, It goes on.

Fucking shit, man.

This. You can make the Doog excuse the OL are adjusting to Huff's blocking schemes.

More troubling is our linebackers. Azeem and Beira (Sark recruits) along with Beavers are the only inside guys worth a
    fuck. Azeem can't stay ok the field. Beira is good, not great. He's a spread guy.

I admire BBK. He's TUFF and has good instincts but I'm ready for
    Him to DIAFF. Im done with 200 190 lb LBs

Virta Vea, Gaines, Levi, Potato and BBK?

Four years of Petermam, Kawasaki and Gregory and what do we have to show at inside backer? Beaver, BBK, Kyler Manu,
    Wambaugh...thin, real thin.

Where's Eifer?

Sark recruits? Fuck that shit. This is Peterman's team. If it's short of talent, it's on him
    Completely agree, but this team has talent. It also has some deficiencies, like every team does almost every year. For fuck's sake, even Bama does. They trotted out Jacob Coker. I don't even remember the guy the next year, but he was fucking horrible. Then they started a true freshman who can't pass last year.

Ohio State returned almost their entire team after plungering Oregon for the natty and they were squeaking out wins over Northern Illinois and Northwestern the next season.

That's Alabama. UW will never have a perfect team. We are going to be good this year. I know it's basically playoffs or bust (we will still meltdown when we lose that game), but Friday night was a scrimmage in New Jersey. The game was a lump of shit. It was hard to watch, but we won, it's over. We have two more scrimmages before the real games.
    good chit roadie
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    Tequilla said:

When we play elite teams we will need our best to play the majority of the snaps ...

When we are playing teams that we will beat ... maintaining health and getting experience matters a lot

Chinsightful as always
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

Playoffs or bust, lol. I know the feeling. But you know it's 90% chance of busting right out of the gate. When you clowns meltdown over the first loss, it's going to be entertaining. The next 2 or 3 after that won't hurt as bad though. Once you get some perspective about how truly hard it is to get there, you'll be ok.

I upvoted because i agree with your general premise. It is hard. The season is long and there are peaks and valleys. However, your quook thoughts about UW not being a perennial Pac 12 power under Pete is pure Quook bullshit. Try Educk.
    I'm banned there, and many other places on the interwebs. So I'm forced to quook here.
    Well then since this is one of your few options, throw
    Derek some money you cheap ass.
    dhdawg said:

If you think we're ever going to be athletically what Bama and fsu are you are gonna be disappointed. We need to get better off heat from the edge. That is for sure

whuggy said:

I upvoted because i agree with your general premise. It is hard. The season is long and there are peaks and valleys. However, your quook thoughts about UW not being a perennial Pac 12 power under Pete is pure Quook bullshit. Try Educk.
    I'm banned there, and many other places on the interwebs. So I'm forced to quook here.
    I paid my dues. Draw up a wanted poster and another hitman can take a crack at me.
    @LoneStarDawg

#OBKGotAway
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853

whuggy said:

I paid my dues. Draw up a wanted poster and another hitman can take a crack at me.
    @LoneStarDawg

#OBKGotAway
    Why the fuck are the girls in the transporter movies not hot? It's mind boggling
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,450 Founders Club
    Baseman said:

Fucking shit, man.

Fucking shit, man.

This. You can make the Doog excuse the OL are adjusting to Huff's blocking schemes.

More troubling is our linebackers. Azeem and Beira (Sark recruits) along with Beavers are the only inside guys worth a
    fuck. Azeem can't stay ok the field. Beira is good, not great. He's a spread guy.

I admire BBK. He's TUFF and has good instincts but I'm ready for
    Him to DIAFF. Im done with 200 190 lb LBs

Virta Vea, Gaines, Levi, Potato and BBK?

Four years of Petermam, Kawasaki and Gregory and what do we have to show at inside backer? Beaver, BBK, Kyler Manu,
    Wambaugh...thin, real thin.

Where's Eifer?

This is the telling paragraph in all of this, and something during the off-season would be interesting to hear the TSIO guys thoughts on. Would Pete ever make a change with Bob Gregory, and a more overall question is would he sacrifice coaches (not just Strausser types where it was a no-brainer) who are not as good as recruiters for better recruiters and not quite as good coaches?

Further, would he also tweak his recruiting philosophy to get more elite level recruits, even if they weren't quite "100 %" OKG's ?

• TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813

I TRUST THE COACHES

DJ is being contrite

and yet you call me a tyrant

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    DeepSeaZ said:

Tequilla said:

When we play elite teams we will need our best to play the majority of the snaps ...

When we are playing teams that we will beat ... maintaining health and getting experience matters a lot

Chinsightful as always
    Also not wrong ...

If we throw out that kind of performance Game #1 next year against Auburn then I will likely be singing a different tune ...

The keys right now are staying healthy, getting reps, and getting depth players experience in that order since we will be 3-0 OOC
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,518 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

DeepSeaZ said:

Tequilla said:

Chinsightful as always
    Also not wrong ...

If we throw out that kind of performance Game #1 next year against Auburn then I will likely be singing a different tune ...

The keys right now are staying healthy, getting reps, and getting depth players experience in that order since we will be 3-0 OOC
    Solid Doogman Take.